OH - Evie the rescue dog beaten to death by prisoners in Ohio prison

Tssiemer, is the title of this thread factually correct?

Now that’s it’s been released. It was one prisoner. He “allegedly” continuously kicked her in the abdomen. He has not given a reason. He was transferred to a different correctional facility after. All the dogs have been pulled from this particular organizaton with no plans to return.
As of last month I was not aware of any organizations with dogs there. As far as I can tell it was an isolated incident with one @55hole.

I can’t thank you enough for this update I have never forgotten Evie but thought there would be no charges or justice because it was going to be a two prisoners blaming each other situation. What a monster he is. I wonder how much additional time he will get on his sentence it’s a pity he can’t get LWOP.

I’ll keep watching.

I can’t thank you enough for this update I have never forgotten Evie but thought there would be no charges or justice because it was going to be a two prisoners blaming each other situation. What a monster he is. I wonder how much additional time he will get on his sentence it’s a pity he can’t get LWOP.

When I first heard this, I felt sick, and couldn't return.
Thank goodness, this Creep will pay.

Last edited:
Now that’s it’s been released. It was one prisoner. He “allegedly” continuously kicked her in the abdomen. He has not given a reason. He was transferred to a different correctional facility after. All the dogs have been pulled from this particular organizaton with no plans to return.
As of last month I was not aware of any organizations with dogs there. As far as I can tell it was an isolated incident with one @55hole.

Okay, I was just concerned about whether it was correct. I'm glad that it is and that Evie will get justice. Though it won't be enough since it sounds like this guy will be out sooner than later. I was hoping he would already be serving LWOP.

Criminals would do anything, for crime:

Sniffer dog has £25,000 bounty on its head after finding £6 million of illegal tobacco

Sophie Williams
7 hrs ago
A sniffer dog has had a £25,000 price put on its head by gangsters after finding millions of pounds worth of counterfeit goods.

Scamp, the springer spaniel has sniffed out £6 million worth of illegal tobacco and £60,000 in cash during his five year career.

His owner Stuart Phillips says that Scamp has had to stop working in one country “because there was a £25,000 bounty put on his head.”

“It was believed to be linked to an organised crime group and the relevant authorities were informed. I’ve also had death threats, my windscreen has been smashed and my tyres slashed,” he said.
Mr Phillips runs a detection dog company in Pembrokeshire and says the scale of the illegal tobacco industry is vast.

Products are smuggled in from as far afield as China or Russia and sold from shops or homes across Wales.

Court records show a Warren County grand jury indicted Benjamin Holliday this week. He is charged with prohibitions concerning companion animals, Fox 8 in Cincinnati reported.

Authorities say Holliday, 31, was an inmate in the Warren Correctional Institution in Lebanon on Aug. 25 when he’s accused of causing the death of the dog, Evie, by kicking her.

Joseph’s Legacy, the animal rescue charity which placed the 4-year-old German Shepherd-Elkhound mix in the program, has said the dog died of blunt force trauma to her abdomen.

Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said Thursday he wouldn’t comment on a potential motive, but added that “we don’t believe this was a one-time incident.” He said authorities believe there may have been ongoing abuse of the dog.

http://www.ohmidog.com/2019/01/07/inmate-accused-of-killing-dog-in-ohio-prison-program/

I’m really upset at the possibility Evie could have been abused over a period of time. What an absolute monster.

Court records show a Warren County grand jury indicted Benjamin Holliday this week. He is charged with prohibitions concerning companion animals, Fox 8 in Cincinnati reported.

Authorities say Holliday, 31, was an inmate in the Warren Correctional Institution in Lebanon on Aug. 25 when he’s accused of causing the death of the dog, Evie, by kicking her.

Joseph’s Legacy, the animal rescue charity which placed the 4-year-old German Shepherd-Elkhound mix in the program, has said the dog died of blunt force trauma to her abdomen.

Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said Thursday he wouldn’t comment on a potential motive, but added that “we don’t believe this was a one-time incident.” He said authorities believe there may have been ongoing abuse of the dog.

http://www.ohmidog.com/2019/01/07/inmate-accused-of-killing-dog-in-ohio-prison-program/

I’m really upset at the possibility Evie could have been abused over a period of time. What an absolute monster.

Just reading this, is so upsetting.
Poor Evie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member