TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still good reason to hope for full justice or final resolution in this case, IMO. If it's a double murder then suicide by Nichol, likely the FBI can do deeper investigating regarding her state of mind prior.

If it's a case of triple murders, every murderer leaves evidence behind.
I have a few specific questions in my mind about the dynamics of the crime scene as reported:

Was gunshot residue found on Nichol's hand or hands, as we usually read about when a gun is fired? If so or if not, why wasn't this part of the autopsy, or has it not been released to the public but they do know? Our local news reported that CW's hands were negative for GSR.
Hands of all 3 victims would have been bagged at the crime scene if it was processed correctly, IMO.

My other questions are about CW's digital footprint for that period of time, and maybe months before.. That's really all I know how to say about possibly unknown activities of his.

Local news has reported that some of the residents in the gated community are fearful that there's an intruder murderer on the loose. I'd think this angle would be one of the first things the FBI tries to rule in/ out as it could be a murderer outside the family dynamics and others could be in danger. I also think this one thing alone, the possibility of a stranger killing all three victims, is why a sheriff would call in either the Texas Rangers or the FBI to help him and his department investigate both quickly and thoroughly.

JMO, of course, based on what DFW network news is reporting and has reported, which isn't necessarily always correct.

Last edited:

Did you follow that one? Sheriff Bosenko made some (IMO) odd statements during the time she was missing and after she returned. “We have no reason not to believe...” always stuck out to me. JMO, but the press conferences were not informative and I felt —MOO — that there were powerful influences at work behind the scenes

But I digress. Glad the FBI will be assisting.

Did you follow that one? Sheriff Bosenko made some (IMO) odd statements during the time she was missing and after she returned. “We have no reason not to believe...” always stuck out to me. JMO, but the press conferences were not informative and I felt —MOO — that there were powerful influences at work behind the scenes

But I digress. Glad the FBI will be assisting.

Yes, I did follow that strange case, which has never really been resolved to anyone’s satisfaction IMHO. Fortunately no one died, nor has it been proven to me that a crime even took place. MOO is that resolution is not a pressing issue in that one, even though it would be nice to know the truth, but as you said there seems to be a lot that has not been publically and officially said about the circumstances of the Papini case.

In contrast, 2 children were killed in this horrible case, so there is no doubt a terrible crime occurred. The perpetrator may or may not be alive still to be brought to justice. The public should have a right to know who killed them without concern of protecting that person’s reputation if that person is deceased. That person gave up the right of privacy when the crime was committed.

I don't know when the Sheriff started. If it was recently, could he be driving the clean-up in the office (high deputy arrest rate) and putting noses out of joint (high resignation numbers)?
Good point!

They have said they are waiting for gunshot residue tests...but those should be fast, imo. I would think they could have had them by the time of the autopsy or not long after.
Agree, gunshot residue tests don't take much time at all, even the more sensitive ones, and would certainly have been done by the ME's lab as part of the autopsy.

Yes, I did follow that strange case, which has never really been resolved to anyone’s satisfaction IMHO. Fortunately no one died, nor has it been proven to me that a crime even took place. MOO is that resolution is not a pressing issue in that one, even though it would be nice to know the truth, but as you said there seems to be a lot that has not been publically and officially said about the circumstances of the Papini case.

In contrast, 2 children were killed in this horrible case, so there is no doubt a terrible crime occurred. The perpetrator may or may not be alive still to be brought to justice. The public should have a right to know who killed them without concern of protecting that person’s reputation if that person is deceased. That person gave up the right of privacy when the crime was committed.

Agree 100%.

Edited to add: You bring up a good point about the public’s right to know if there’s a killer on the loose. In the Papini case, people were left wondering if there would be more random abductions. Sheriff Salazar hasn’t made any comments (to my knowledge) about the safety of the public.

Agree, gunshot residue tests don't take much time at all, even the more sensitive ones, and would certainly have been done by the ME's lab as part of the autopsy.
There is a presumptive chemical test that looks for nitrate, lead, and barium which are present in the gunpowder and primer. This test is essentially instantaneous color change reaction. There are two more involved tests (electron microscopy and ICP-MS) that both take a few hours to setup and run each. The turn around will depend on the backlog in the lab.

Exactly and I am sure CWs attorney is paying close attention as they should.

Even if they finally clear him some will still think he is guilty anyway simply because he happpened to be this woman's boyfriend.

Some already believe the ME is wrong even though the ME has the experience and has no skin in the game one way or the other.

It seems it's far easier to blame the male even though mothers murdering their own children and committing or unsuccessfully trying to commit suicide is not new by any means.

She was the one who was losing her wealthy lifestyle.. not him. The home belonged to him so what would be the motive? She wasnt making him move out where he would financially lose anything. She would be the one left to start a new life having to solely provide for her children. She wasn't leaving him. He was the one who decided the relationship wasn't working.

Imo there were far more red flags in her life showing she killed her children and then killed herself.

I have no reason to doubt the MEs findings. I do believe CW is innocent for I've seen no evidence supporting he is guilty of anything.

He has been publicly excoriated by this Sheriff and if it has caused CW to be harrassed or had death threats made against him I hope his attorney sues this Sheriff like others have done with Sheriff Israel in Florida. Even lawmen can be sued.

This Sheriff could easily have done his investigation without all the limelight and behind the scene.. Most Sheriffs do and all he had to say..if anthing.. is they are continuing to investigate...period end of comments just like most LE department heads do in so many cases.

He also could have simply said 'we are not ruling anything out or in nor anyone in or out at this time and we will let the media know the findings once we have completed the death investigation. '

I get the distinct feeling he is trying to impress someone or someones for his own personal reasons.

Jmo

BBM

Oceanblueeyes,
Where did you get this info? Do you have a link?

@RMathers90 - Welcome to Websleuths! You definitely offer some very new and interesting information. However, as a new member, you may not be aware of the Terms of Service here. Unless you are a verified insider, you will need to provide a "main stream media" source for your information or your post will be edited/removed. Looking forward to evidence the information you have shared is accurate. Thanks!

If cw can't verify his alibi he is in trouble!! It has been two weeks! His attorney better start explaining why there is so much trouble getting phone records etc@ so as to prove he is not a suspect and that they are not holding up release of records. My understanding is that he has been cooperative since discovering the bodies. Confusing!

Saying he has "been cooperative" is something that a person said. It's vague PR speak.

@RMathers90 - Welcome to Websleuths! You definitely offer some very new and interesting information. However, as a new member, you may not be aware of the Terms of Service here. Unless you are a verified insider, you will need to provide a "main stream media" source for your information or your post will be edited/removed. Looking forward to evidence the information you have shared is accurate. Thanks!

Sorry. I didn't know that was the rules. Please delete it... Just save iti so youycan put it back up on the board when thet stories are released inithe news or after thettrial. h la

@RMathers90

As @NervousNellie already stated, this forum requires mainstream media links to back up what you are saying. You cannot just throw out rumors or things you have heard from a friend of a cousin. If you are an insider to the case, you need to contact @Tricia to become a verified insider.

Sorry. I am just now reading your notifocnotif.

How do I contact @Tricia .

I am sorry. I'm new. This site is the best place I have found. So I thought ya wanna know.

Sorry. I didn't know that was the rules. Please delete it... Just save iti so youycan put it back up on the board when thet stories are released inithe news or after thettrial. h la
I hope you've gone to the authorities with your claims. If true,
it could be very helpful in this case. The three victims need
help at this point in time and could use someone speaking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288