MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both had years of experience in the military. The victim was previously a military police officer in the army. The other was a Marine. They both had years of experience beyond civilian LE. A child knows better than to play Russian Roulette. Two cops playing that...I don't buy it.

BBM: IMO, that compounds the tragedy of the situation, if such a thing is possible.
Not just LEOs, but military veterans.

The Reverse Russian Roulette sounds just like a story that a couple of panicked, drug-addled brains might quickly come up with to make it sound accidental.

I don't buy it, either. It's ludicrous, IMO.

Last edited:
While logic suggests something more of a reason for this to have happened, the plain fact may be that it was a bizarre adrenaline sex game. There was a neighbor who has said very little on the situation due to fear of interfering with the investigation, but in the wee hours of morning, she heard shouting before thumps...which she now understands were probably gunshots. The truth may not ever really come out.

How much force does it take to shatter a windshield?
(With your head, but not in vehicular crash.)

I’m curious to know this as well. Is it possible to do so yourself, as in, slam your own head against the window so hard that it shatters? Perhaps if you’re on some sort of mind-altering drug? Otherwise, I wonder if someone else slammed his head into the window.

I’m curious to know this as well. Is it possible to do so yourself, as in, slam your own head against the window so hard that it shatters? Perhaps if you’re on some sort of mind-altering drug? Otherwise, I wonder if someone else slammed his head into the window.
I heard that he was treated at the hospital for head wounds from the headbutting.

Mentions white police SUV sitting outside hospital, broken window, shattered glass, crime scene tape. Mysterious?

Interestingly, the Washington Post article referenced above (by GordianKnot) has been updated, and the comments about the police SUV have been omitted.

The only part that remains references the officer head-butting the SUV.

Last edited:
Could they break the outside glass but not the laminated part?

Well, I've been on YT watching videos of people trying to break the glass on side windows of vehicles with their heads. It doesn't look so simple. Maybe if you hit it in the sweet spot?
Do LEOs know where to strike windows to break them in case they need to access someone inside?

Interestingly, the Washington Post article referenced above (by GordianKnot) has been updated, and the comments about the police SUV have been omitted.

The only part that remains references the officer head-butting the SUV.

This entire case is a complete cluster.
Is the shooter (I refuse to call him as a police officer at this point) in custody?

Yeah, like his ticked off partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members