Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats shocking!! and right before williams inquest!

They actually announced that they were going to do this quite some time ago, after the court case brought on by Allana Smith's actions.

We spoke about it on here, because the court case only tightened things up.

Part of these additions to FACs law is that the Coroner can decide if a deceased (or suspected deceased) child's foster care status is disclosed prior to an inquest.

Publication of an official inquest report is also allowed.

Nothing has changed that much, in this regard - just means that a judge cannot decide that a child's status can be disclosed. In other words, if Allana Smith's court case happened today, she would lose.

The new measures also provide that the publication of an official report by either the Children’s or the Coroner’s court regarding a child who is or has been in out-of-home care is not prohibited under the legislation.

And a new subsection 105(3)(b)(iiia) provides that in regard to the suspected death of a child or young person who was in out-of-home care, the child’s name can only be published if the permission of the coroner is granted beforehand.
New Gag Laws Will Make FACS Less Accountable

Last edited:
thats shocking!! and right before williams inquest!

I think there's something really off about this legislation. Ostensibly it's for privacy, but cases have shown that it doesn't help when things go really pear shaped. It stops foster kids from having a voice and a public face, which they deserve. It almost de-persons them.

I note it doesn't apply to any foster child who is deceased. So if the upcoming coronial inquiry concludes that William is deceased, and he legally becomes a deceased person, the subsequent, resulting trial for his murderer/s will be public.

I think there's something really off about this legislation. Ostensibly it's for privacy, but cases have shown that it doesn't help when things go really pear shaped. It stops foster kids from having a voice and a public face, which they deserve. It almost de-persons them.

I note it doesn't apply to any foster child who is deceased. So if the upcoming coronial inquiry concludes that William is deceased, and he legally becomes a deceased person, the subsequent, resulting trial for his murderer/s will be public.

I don't believe that it ever did apply to a foster child who was deceased. I think we looked that up way back when.
Even the judge in Allana Smith's court case recognised that. That is why he said that the probability is that William was unfortunately deceased ... and granted permission for the fact that William was in foster care to be disclosed.

From the case notes (link not provided due to mod's request)
Whether Julian is alive is unknown, but sadly the probability of Julian being found alive continues to decrease with the passage of time. Tragically, but conformably with the evidence that the investigation is being conducted as a homicide investigation, the probabilities are that Julian is no longer alive. If found alive, Julian will face many issues and challenges, most of them probably larger and more challenging than the stigma associated with being a child in care. I am conscious that, for a child who will probably already be traumatised, coping with the status of being in care will be yet an additional challenge for an already heavily burdened child. However, Julian will have to cope with that status in any event; disclosure will mean only that he will not have control over who may know of it. If found, there is likely to be extensive media coverage of Julian’s disappearance and discovery, which will define Julian’s profile – and for which Julian will be far more widely known – than will knowledge of his in-care status. In other words, because of these events, if found, Julian will not easily be able to escape exposure to attention and comment. Being known to be a child in-care will add little.

Last edited:
Stoccos? don’t know what one is... ? ?
They were a father & son team who spent their life scamming & wreaking destruction & havoc on everyone who attempted to give them a chance. They eventually murdered a man, went on a journey in an attempt to escape capture .. But as they say .. Karma is a ...also translates to 'What goes around, Goes around' .... lol ... now they languish at her Majesty's pleasure - and they should be thankful that their 'languishing' doesn't come under my duristiction!

IMO, they're just another example of the Scum that crawls out of the sewer pipes and invades & destroys the sanctity, safety & wholesomeness of our existence. ... Same league as anyone with any hand in, or knowledge of, William's disappearance. .. hope they're prepared for the arrival of Karma !

So what happens in an Amber Alert?

Just caught brief segment & video Channel 10 News showing Paul Savage seeming to dodge cameras & questions about WT. Special report concerning PS on Channel 10 news tomorrow night.

Don't know but PS wasn't a bit happy. I don't have a good feeling about PS but could be wrong of course.
I wonder if the footage Ten News showed tonight was new or that shown on the day of the Directions Hearing for William’s inquest in December 2018.

FWIW I’m not sure about Mr Savage’s involvement in inquest proceedings. Not long to wait to find out though. Eight weeks or thereabouts.

Last edited:
I wonder if the footage Ten Bews showed tonight was new or that shown on the day of the Directions Hearing for William’s inquest in December 2018.

FWIW I’m not sure about Mr Savage’s involvement in inquest proceedings. Not long to wait to find out though. Eight weeks or thereabouts.
I can't be sure which news it was; seemed new and local; could be old footage of course but doubt it. Tomorrow's report might throw some light on the situation but, if nothing else, it's keeping WT news to the forefront.

I can't be sure which news it was; seemed new and local; could be old footage of course but doubt it. Tomorrow's report might throw some light on the situation but, if nothing else, it's keeping WT news to the forefront.
Maybe the segment might turn up online. You’re right, no matter what comes of it tomorrow, it’s good to see William’s case is still being mentioned in MSM.

Sydney News
Published Tuesday 28/1/2019

Segment about Savage at around -23:47. New footage. As @L2L posted, more to come tomorrow at 5 on Ten News First Sydney.

Presenter stated Savage has been ‘compelled to give evidence’ at William’s inquest.

Wow, thanks for posting. Interesting wording, he has been compelled to “give evidence”

Wow, thanks for posting. Interesting wording, he has been compelled to “give evidence”
It was quite an interesting question put to Savage by the reporter too, ‘Do you know anything about what happened to William?’. I can’t wait to hear his answer.

It seems to me that some pressure is being brought to bear on Savage via MSM.

It was quite an interesting question put to Savage by the reporter too, ‘Do you know anything about what happened to William?’. I can’t wait to hear his answer.

It seems to me that some pressure is being brought to bear on Savage via MSM.

Yes, I agree, very interesting & in the short clip he does seem rather agitated, I can’t wait to see the whole story, hopefully it’s not just media sensationalism to get viewers! Good to see little William’s face in the news again, pulls at my heart every time I see his little smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson