LA - Shooting Leaves Five Dead, Livingston & Ascension Parishes, Jan 2019 *Guilty*

Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office

Update: SUSPECT IN CUSTODY

Sheriff Bobby Webre of the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office and Sheriff Jason Ard of the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office reports the arrest of 21-year-old Dakota Theriot. He was located in Richmond County, Virginia Sunday morning and arrested by the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.

He will be transported back to Ascension Parish at a later date and booked on two counts of first-degree murder, home invasion, and illegal use of weapons.

Sheriff Webre would like to thank our law enforcement partners at the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office, Greater Baton Rouge Crime Stoppers, the Louisiana State Police Fugitive Apprehension Task Force, and other agencies who assisted during this investigation.

E257A20C-B162-4064-811E-E2EB59513247.jpeg

Livingston Parish Sheriff

UPDATE:
MURDER SUSPECT IN CUSTODY

Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard & Sheriff Bobby Webre of the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office confirm the capture of 21-year-old suspect Dakota Theriot. He was located in Richmond County, Virginia Sunday morning and is in the process of being booked by the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.

SPECIAL THANKS to our law enforcement partners at the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office, Greater Baton Rouge Crime Stoppers, the Louisiana State Police Taskforce & other out-of-state agencies who assisted. And, thanks to our media partners & residents of Livingston Parish for working with us on this still developing case.

Investigation ongoing.

(See previous posts for more information)

0E0B5411-7398-4C8B-9609-E5D6A753D69E.jpeg

This is just devastating. I will never understand why murderers like this do the horrific things they do.

Why kill his parents, and yes, it doesnt matter if one was his step mother, she was his parent, period. A dead parent who is now dead through no fault of her own along with her husband.

I didn't bring up her being his stepmom to denigrate her or downplay her being killed. It was just for clarifying the identities of the deceased. It feels kind of crazy that this is what you seem to be implying I was suggesting. It's not unimportant information to know who was actually killed. And, yes, I do wonder where his bio mom is in all of this and why I've seen no mention of her in any articles.

Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office

Update: SUSPECT IN CUSTODY

Sheriff Bobby Webre of the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office and Sheriff Jason Ard of the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office reports the arrest of 21-year-old Dakota Theriot. He was located in Richmond County, Virginia Sunday morning and arrested by the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.

He will be transported back to Ascension Parish at a later date and booked on two counts of first-degree murder, home invasion, and illegal use of weapons.

Sheriff Webre would like to thank our law enforcement partners at the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office, Greater Baton Rouge Crime Stoppers, the Louisiana State Police Fugitive Apprehension Task Force, and other agencies who assisted during this investigation.

View attachment 166103
Only 2 counts of murder?

This is terrible, and becoming all too common.

Yes....yes, it is.

We're mass-producing narcissistic automatons at an alarming rate right now.
There are a lot of contributing factors, none of which appear likely to change.
Technology is one of the big correlative culprits. (Insert selfie here).
And we all know that particular genie's out of the bottle. There's no going back.
We might as well all get used to these types of headlines.
I know I have.
Sadly.

At least this particular one's been taken off the street and locked away...for good, hopefully. Unfortunately, there are plenty more where he came from.

*All of the Above: J.M.O.

Last edited:
This is real and scary. My daughter is breaking up with her BF, who is normal, stable, not violent, she asked if she should call the police and have his guns confiscated.

I was shocked. I guess that is the norm now for women who break up with men. I would have never even thought about it...

I didn't bring up her being his stepmom to denigrate her or downplay her being killed. It was just for clarifying the identities of the deceased. It feels kind of crazy that this is what you seem to be implying I was suggesting. It's not unimportant information to know who was actually killed. And, yes, I do wonder where his bio mom is in all of this and why I've seen no mention of her in any articles.

I thought her response was super weird and crazy too. I agree it’s pertinent to the discussion who was actually killed and what their familial relationships were. I wonder where his biological mother is in all of this.

Only 2 counts of murder?
I think this is from the dad's dying declaration- and they just haven't put enough together to issue the warrant for the other three yet.

And I am stunned he got that far so quickly. I wonder if he was headed there purposefully, or just driving to get as far away as possible?

Just saw this:

Suspect in Louisiana shooting deaths caught in Virginia

Posted 9:39 a.m. today
Updated 10:10 a.m. today

DONALDSONVILLE, La. — A man suspected of killing his parents and three other people - including a girl he was dating - has been captured after an intense manhunt spanning several states, authorities in Louisiana said Sunday.

Suspect in Louisiana shooting deaths caught in Virginia :: WRAL.com

Not to alarm the alarmists above, but violent crime rates have fallen sharply in the U.S. in the last quarter-century.

5 facts about crime in the U.S.

Thanks for the article -- we see the "bad stuff" in print and online, but we rarely see the offsetting "good stuff."

And,

Welcome to Websleuths, wfaygo!!

That guy must have been traveling fast -- he covered a lot of ground in his getaway-mobile. So glad he is caught.

This is probably unfair to say, but in the pics I saw of him, his eyes made me uneasy. Let's hope we'll learn more about his situation -- what makes people do those kinds of things? We need to learn more so that perhaps we can prevent some of these horrible and devastating events.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back