MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Louis police officer charged with fatally shooting fellow cop during game of Russian Roulette - NY Daily News

Apologies if this article was already posted...IGLS. Too tired to go back and look through the threads.

So, if I read the article correctly, the game of RR, you spin the revolver and aim the gun at yourself. Not at the other person. Alix, the victim, spun the barrel, aimed the gun at herself, it did not go off. She handed it to Hendren, he spun the barrel and aimed it at Alix...not himself.

That is murder.

So, if I read the article correctly, the game of RR, you spin the revolver and aim the gun at yourself. Not at the other person. Alix, the victim, spun the barrel, aimed the gun at herself, it did not go off. She handed it to Hendren, he spun the barrel and aimed it at Alix...not himself.

That is murder.

mickey, this was a clever variation they invented on the boring ole' standard Russian Roulette most of us sit around playing with our friends on Saturday nights. This was REVERSE Russian Roulette...instead of pointing the gun at your own temple, you aim it "Bullseye!" style at the other player's chest! See, this way, if you win the game, you actually get to live to play another day.

Get it? Doesn't it sound like fun?

Last edited:
If you want to see how the original (not the new, improved spinoff Reverse version) Russian Roulette is played, watch The Deer Hunter. That scene makes me physically sick to my stomach.

As opposed to mentally sick to my stomach.

...RSBM...

The probable cause statement. She allegedly pointed the weapon at him and fired as part of the game.

Theory Only: Maybe Herndon was doing a sleight of hand magic trick where he only pretended to load one bullet or he thought he loaded a blank of some kind. I don't think he had any intent to cause harm, if the story of RR is true. But it is the first rule of gun safety to NEVER point a gun at anyone, ever, unless you intend to use deadly force - pointing "unloaded" guns at people has caused many accidental deaths. They all really should know better.

The more I think about it, I think it's true that they were playing RR. That doesn't explain why these two were goofing off instead of out on patrol. <modsnip - no link for facts > Sgts in a large city PD are usually gray-haired old guys with 10-20-30 years in, experienced, keep the young guys in line. Fail all the way around.
Thanks for your <mod snip> and alert. The link to the information you snipped was posted on page 2 post #30
MO - Off-duty officer shot dead by on-duty officer at latter's St. Louis home, Jan 2019

The MSM link is
Criminal charges filed against officer in Katlyn Alix’s death

"...Hendren and his partner are 29-years-old and have been with the department for nearly two years, St. Louis Police Chief John Hayden said. ..."

HOWEVER, as usual, the MSM is slippery with facts, and Hellmeier may not be the partner and may not be the sergeant and may not be 29 years old. SO THANK YOU.

SHEESH* my upthread posts are illogical

NPR - PBS says that the partner has not been named:

Fatal End To An Alleged Game Of Russian Roulette For St. Louis Police Officer

"... Hendren's partner, who has not yet been named, was also present during the game, according to the statement. ..."

Per ABC News, Sgt Hellmeier, who wrote the probable cause statement, is actually an investigator from IA:

St. Louis police officer charged with killing fellow cop in Russian roulette-style shooting

"... The statement was provided by Sgt. Richard Hellmeier, an Internal Affairs investigator, after interviewing a third officer who was on-duty and with the two at the time of the shooting. The third officer has not been named...."

Maybe my brain is getting too old. :confused: I thought Hellmeier the Sgt was also the partner present at the scene. I wish the media would only add updates and not change articles.

o_O I swear the media is changing their articles.
Yes! It’s annoying at best. Some of these articles are so poorly written that they simply must be edited or they make no sense. It boggles my mind that these are actually educated journalists putting out such garbage. Do they take grammar and writing classes at all?!

wait. this article quotes a Sgt Hellmeier who is listed as an Internal Affairs investigator who just interviewed the unnamed third officer. He isn't the partner, he interviewed the unknown partner.

Oh, my Bad, I am so sorry.

Yes! It’s annoying at best. Some of these articles are so poorly written that they simply must be edited or they make no sense. It boggles my mind that these are actually educated journalists putting out such garbage. Do they take grammar and writing classes at all?!

My English soon-to-be SIL has a journalism degree, and was appalled at American print and online news last time he was here. His remark "There should be a <proofread> key you have to use before <enter> works."

All of it stinks to high heaven. Involuntary manslaughter, my *advertiser censored*.

But it will all get covered up with a bunch of lies and vague political Febreze.

But 3-day old rotting fish still stinks, no matter how much air freshener you put on it.

And the court system drags on with continuances, hoping that people will just "forget", and let the perpetrators slither away.

It is beyond outrageous. One police officer killer, had the audacity to actually request a complete exoneration, before trial! Like, it was so long ago, let's just forget it ever happened! Noor’s attorneys move to dismiss charges

And by the way, there is an April trial date, I doubt it will happen, just dismiss and move on...

"Since her husband is also an officer, has it been reported if he was on duty?"

Follow up: Thought I should provide links regarding her husband:

Fatal End To An Alleged Game Of Russian Roulette For St. Louis Police Officer
"She married a fellow officer in October 2018."

Questions surround killing of off-duty St. Louis police officer by on-duty colleague
"She is survived by her husband, mother, father and sister, the department said. She married a fellow St. Louis police officer in October. He was not among those at the home when she was shot, according to multiple sources."

Off-Duty St. Louis Officer, 24, Shot and Killed by On-Duty Cop: She 'Had a Bright Future,' Says Police Chief
"Alix graduated from the St. Louis Police Academy in January 2017. She is survived by her husband — a fellow St. Louis police officer whom she wed in October — as well as her parents and a sister."

Last edited:
Oh, my Bad, I am so sorry.

nope, all good. it was very confusing. AND I agree that there is a great chance that the article was rewritten. for grammar sake or for info pulling. heck either are very possible.

I am local and hearing lots of gossip and waiting for it to show up on mainstream media. but not yet.

I don't know if vic's husband was on duty or not. he is in a different district. different from their assignment and different from the location of the shooting.

I do not think they were on their lunch because the shift just started at 11pm.

There probably won't be many details released until they are recorded during the trial. I'm fairly certain that the toxicology reports will come back positive for cocaine and maybe alcohol. I also believe cocaine was the reason they were at the shooter's home. I'm also willing to put money down on this not being the first time they've had this kind of "game", just the first time someone was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23