Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

Motion files to allow State response to granted - new date 2/19/19, I believe.

Prosecutors seek extension in responding to Jodi Arias' appeal

Jan 4, 2019

"PHOENIX (AP) — A two-week extension has been requested by prosecutors in responding to Jodi Arias' appeal of her murder conviction in the 2008 death of her former boyfriend.

Prosecutors are facing a Friday deadline for filing their response to Arias' appeal, but asked for the extension on Thursday.
The Arizona Court of Appeals hasn't yet ruled on the request...."

Prosecutors seek extension in responding to Jodi Arias' appeal

FWiW, won't be posting here (anywhere on WS), indefinitely. For those interested in obtaining future, full COA appellate filings: remember, anyone can obtain them by calling the clerk's office of the AZ COA. Every single clerk I've ever spoken to there has been awesomely helpful, and if asked, willing to email docs (and to answer questions, at length, if the questions are within the bounds of legally permissable and appropriate. :) )

Sad to hear H4M has left this forum so close to the State Appeals Court response to the killer’s appeal. H4M had invested a lot of time on this case - even a road trip to the crime scene - and her input will be missed. Thanks to Hope for all her hard work on the Travis Alexander case.

I believe the State filed its response: I’ll be searching for the document but should anyone find it please share. I am actively looking....

Looks like it was denied but I am confused by the last statement re: request appeal be denied. So I guess both briefs go to an Appeal court?
I’m so glad this will be over soon. She should never get out of jail. She’s dangerous.

I haven't read the brief yet, but Colie's link above is interesting. It looks like the prosecution conceded on mistakes by JM. Even so, there is no way she deserves a new trial. That would be horrible.
IF a bid If there was new trial, everyone will now know her tricks and hopefully she will not make a mockery of the court system like she tried to do (and did at times) last time....that’s MOO.

Does anyone recall the name of the bar/restaurant in Santa Cruz that Jodi and Matt hung out at on her trip south from Yreka to Mesa?

And are there any other points of interest in that general area that might be worth a visit? Maybe Darryyll's house or the college she claimed to be enrolled at? I think the bar/restaurant in Big Sur will be too far south to get to, otherwise I would totally get pics of the place. I might be in the area in May, but I will get down there to take pics at some point before the summer is over.

Thanks.

My aunt lives close to the McDonald's in Lodi that Jodi bought fries and water at, so I will see if the place still smells even after almost 11 years. :D

Ok, I just found out the name of Matt and Jodi's rendezvous spot in Santa Cruz is The Red Room. Maybe I'll buy a postcard of the place and mail it to her. lolol

So I will get pics of the place the next time I am in the area. Same with pics of McDonald's in Lodi.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back