Found Safe Malaysia - Stephen Warde, 32, Irish tourist, Kuala Lumpur, 1 Jan 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Irishman reported missing in Malaysia since New Year

Malaysian police have intensified their search for a missing Galway tourist.

He stayed at a rented unit at the Mercu Summer Suites as Jalan Sultan Ismail in Kuala Lumpur, the capital of the south-east Asia country.
upload_2019-1-27_17-32-58.jpeg
The Department of Foreign Affairs has said it is aware of the case of a missing Irish man in Malaysia and is providing consular assistance to his family.

It is reported that the Stephen Warde from Kinvara in Co Galway arrived in the country alone on 15 November and has not been in contact with his family since 1 January this year.

‘He was supposed to check out from the unit on December 29 but did not do so. His personal belongings are still there. Police are intensifying the search for him.’

So far, investigations have indicated Mr Warde has not left the country.

upload_2019-1-27_17-29-43.jpegupload_2019-1-27_17-29-29.jpeg

Kinvara GAA on Twitter

Search For Missing Galway Tourist In Malaysia Intensifies

So he's been missing for 4 weeks now?

Very concerning, especially because he left all his belongings behind.

Family offer reward for information on missing Irishman last seen in Malaysia in December

The family of Stephen Warde is offering a €4,400 reward for any information that would lead directly to finding the missing Irishman.

Mr Warde, aged 32, entered Malaysia as a tourist on November 15 last year.

His brother Donal Warde, 34, said Stephen was seen on CCTV footage outside Mercu Summer Suites on Jalan Sultan Ismail in Kuala Lumpur on December 28.

He also said that Stephen last checked his WhatsApp messaging app at 1.30am on January 2.

"The key for us right now is to find out what happened between December 28 and January 2.

[...]

upload_2019-1-28_22-44-22.jpeg

Family of Irishman missing in Malaysia offering €4K reward for information

[...]

“There have been two reported sightings of Stephen, one in December and one on Monday in a place known as Daiau Kaco, 15 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur. A Moroccan man contacted us as he believes he saw Stephen thanks to reports on social media.

“I sent two detectives to the area, to check out the claim and to retrieve any CCTV available.

"They have reported back to me that he was spotted in a laundry shop and we have checked security cameras there but unfortunately he is not captured in them.

[...]

“Several officers are due to travel to the area tomorrow and along with local district police, to carry out searches, and question locals.

“I’m due to inform his mother and sisters of this development tomorrow. We definitely believe Stephen is still alive and we will find him. Checks showed his passport has not been used to exit the country.

[...]

Missing Irish traveller's family to stay in M'sia until he is found

[...]

Warde's mother, Mary Morrissey, 57, said the last conversation she had with her son was on that day (Jan 1).

"He texted me and asked for some money. That was the last I heard from him as after that, he did not reply to the messages from me and his siblings. I am here for almost four weeks now and will stay here until I find my son," she told Bernama, in Kuala Lumpur today.

Morrissey, who arrived in Malaysia with five of her children, said besides doing online business, her missing son was a solo traveller and he planned to visit Thailand after Malaysia.

"I want Stephen to be home safely and we need the police and embassy to be more proactive in this investigation. We talk to the police officer in charge of this case every day but until now, there is no development nor new leads,” she said.

a739bb8574175f74ad0dbfa61b490b37.jpg

[...]

Missing Galway man found in Malaysia 'not in good health' and unable to travel home | Her.ie
Writing on the official search Facebook page, his family said that he needs "serious medical care" and that he was unable to travel home to Ireland.

"Thankfully, Stephen was found alive in Kuala Lumpur last week. Unfortunately, he is not in good health.

"(He) is expected to remain in hospital in Malaysia for the foreseeable future as he is not fit to fly and he needs serious medical care.

“He faces a long road to recovery, but now that he has been reunited with us, we can support him during this difficult time.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back