Identified! OK - Pittsburg Co, WhtMale UP5170 & WhtFem UP5174, 18-30, GSW, Apr'95 - Brian and Rachel Burr

His shirt seems outdated for 95. I remember Ocean Pacific being in style in the 80's. Maybe it was in style in other areas of the country/world. Does anyone remember?

It was sold in the juniors department when I was in elementary/middle school in the 90’s. I think I remember seeing it at sears when we used to go school shopping.

For some reason i'm now questioning the train hopper theory. I remember watching a documentary about train hoppers and they all dressed "gutter punk". These clothes don't seem to match with that. I'm really bothered by this all of a sudden.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/332ufok.html

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered in April 1995 in McAlester, Oklahoma.
  • She was a victim of homicide.
  • Homicide is thought to have occured in March of 1995
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'6"; 130 - 140 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde/frosted hair. She had shoulder length, wavy hair.
  • Dentals: charts available, She had only one tooth filling.
  • Clothing: She wore a red Lassen Sportswear shirt with one front pocket; blue jeans, size 10; white bra, 38-D; panties which were large and not consistent with the blue jeans size; a two-piece wedding band set with a small diamond, which matched the wedding band of a male victim who also was found; and a "Le Watch" with a brown leather band.
Case History
The victim was located ten miles north of McAlester, along the outer road adjacent to U.S. Highway 69, in April of 1995. She was found with an unidentified male.
It is suspected that the couple was married based on the matching wedding rings that they were wearing. The couple is believed to have been shot with a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson or a Ruger model revolver. The unidentified male was shot once in the chest and the unidentified female was shot twice in the chest. It is estimated that the victims were killed on or around March 18, 1995, 3 weeks prior to their discovery.
The victims had been dragged about 40 feet into the woods. The location is approximately 50 yards west of an active Union Pacific Railway track, which runs north and south and about one-half mile from the entrance of Crower Point, which is a Lake Eufaula public campsite.
The unidentified male's left rear jean pants pocket was cut open, and he wore a watch with a Le Watch leather band. The watch was set 1 hour behind Oklahoma time, which is central standard time. No identifying information was found on the victims or in the area of the crime scene. It is unknown if the victims rode the railway , were hitchhiking, or drove an automobile.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/419umok.html

Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered in April 1995 in McAlester, Oklahoma.
  • He was a victim of homicide.
  • Homicide is thought to have occured in March of 1995
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'9"; 175 - 185 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown short hair.
  • Dentals: Charts available
  • Clothing: He wore a turquoise, possibly "Ocean Pacific" t-shirt; a black long-sleeve jacket; light blue Levi jeans with a black belt, size 31 waist/34 length; dark color bikini shorts with a geometric design; 14 karat gold wedding band which matched the rings of the female victim who also was found; and a watch with a "Le Watch" leather band.
  • Tattoos: He had the following tattoos: an "R" on his left forearm; an eyeball with a teardrop on his right forearm; and a cross on his left upper arm (bicep).
Case History
The victim was located ten miles north of McAlester, along the outer road adjacent to U.S. Highway 69, in April of 1995. He was found with an unidentified female.
It is suspected that the couple was married based on the matching wedding rings that they were wearing. The couple is believed to have been shot with a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson or a Ruger model revolver. The unidentified male was shot once in the chest and the unidentified female was shot twice in the chest. It is estimated that the victims were killed on or around March 18, 1995, 3 weeks prior to their discovery.
The victims had been dragged about 40 feet into the woods. The location is approximately 50 yards west of an active Union Pacific Railway track, which runs north and south and about one-half mile from the entrance of Crower Point, which is a Lake Eufaula public campsite.
The unidentified male's left rear jean pants pocket was cut open, and he wore a watch with a Le Watch leather band. The watch was set 1 hour behind Oklahoma time, which is central standard time. No identifying information was found on the victims or in the area of the crime scene. It is unknown if the victims rode the railway , were hitchhiking, or drove an automobile.
Bumping.
The Doe Network
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

They need to be exhumed for DNA. I just realized they have no DNA on file.

I am attempting to get the ball rolling on their exhumation in so much as i have spoken to the coroner, the county clerk, a detective,and finally found out a judge has to sign an order for exhumation. I have reached out to two judges. Fingers Crossed!!!

I'm from this area and remember when this couple was found. It saddens me that they still don't have their names back. Seeing this thread on here also jogged my memory about another couple found dead not far from this one only 6 months prior. Also near campsite/boat dock.They were identified, and circumstances totally different but just thought I'd link it for info sake. It's not common to find two deceased couples relatively close together in time and locations around here. It's a pretty quiet and rural area.
m.newsok.com/article/2476555
That is really interesting. Did they ever find out who killed that couple and why?

That is really interesting. Did they ever find out who killed that couple and why?
it is pretty interesting that they went all the way to that spot for whatever reason

There are elements that make this couple sound more transient (ill-fitting clothing, although plenty of people don't wear the size they might by measurement), but the rings throw me. They don't sound expensive, but they're nicer than someone in tight circumstances would have. Real gold, real diamond. I suspect it's something like the Jimmy Hendricks/Kim Mills situation, where the couple might have good reason to leave, and their families assume that that's why they're gone. It would go along with the less than professional tattoos (I agree with those that think that his cross more closely resembles a swastika). I don't know why they would have been killed, though. I assume a robber would take jewelry or watches, although perhaps they weren't thought to be real/valuable or maybe there was something else that was the primary target (car, cash, drugs).

The absence of shoes makes me think of a trucker. Supposedly truckers will make someone take off their shoes before getting in a cab.

I saw it suggested earlier that they might be Martha Wes Dunn, 15, and her boyfriend Eric Glenn Owens, 17, who disappeared in September 1990 from Daingerfield, TX. They were thought to be heading toward Haworth, OK, and were seen in Durant, OK, both of which are 1-2 hours south of where these UIDs were found. They were said to be heavily into drugs at that time. I can't say that Eric, in particular, closely resembles the reconstruction, although he may have matured from when his photos were taken. I have no idea why he might have an R tattoo. However, Martha is noted to have a pointed eyetooth, and gaps in her teeth. She appears to have a wide jaw/strong chin. At the time she went missing, she was 5'4", and variously described as 95-120 lbs.

Original

upload_2019-1-28_21-11-18.jpeg
dunn_martha2.jpg

Age progressions:
NAT_6028_1.jpg

Eric Glenn Owens
Original

Eric Glenn Owens – The Charley Project
Missing Person Case

Martha Wes Dunn – The Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 286DFTX
Missing Person Case
(This is a video that Martha's sister made reaching out to Martha, moreso than providing info about the case)

There are elements that make this couple sound more transient (ill-fitting clothing, although plenty of people don't wear the size they might by measurement), but the rings throw me. They don't sound expensive, but they're nicer than someone in tight circumstances would have. Real gold, real diamond. I suspect it's something like the Jimmy Hendricks/Kim Mills situation, where the couple might have good reason to leave, and their families assume that that's why they're gone. It would go along with the less than professional tattoos (I agree with those that think that his cross more closely resembles a swastika). I don't know why they would have been killed, though. I assume a robber would take jewelry or watches, although perhaps they weren't thought to be real/valuable or maybe there was something else that was the primary target (car, cash, drugs).

The absence of shoes makes me think of a trucker. Supposedly truckers will make someone take off their shoes before getting in a cab.

I saw it suggested earlier that they might be Martha Wes Dunn, 15, and her boyfriend Eric Glenn Owens, 17, who disappeared in September 1990 from Daingerfield, TX. They were thought to be heading toward Haworth, OK, and were seen in Durant, OK, both of which are 1-2 hours south of where these UIDs were found. They were said to be heavily into drugs at that time. I can't say that Eric, in particular, closely resembles the reconstruction, although he may have matured from when his photos were taken. I have no idea why he might have an R tattoo. However, Martha is noted to have a pointed eyetooth, and gaps in her teeth. She appears to have a wide jaw/strong chin. At the time she went missing, she was 5'4", and variously described as 95-120 lbs.

Original

View attachment 166373
dunn_martha2.jpg

Age progressions:
NAT_6028_1.jpg

Eric Glenn Owens
Original

Missing Person Case

Missing Person Case
(This is a video that Martha's sister made reaching out to Martha, moreso than providing info about the case)
bad thing is that oversized clothing was popular in 1995.

Original

View attachment 166373
dunn_martha2.jpg

Age progressions:
NAT_6028_1.jpg

Eric Glenn Owens
Original

Missing Person Case

Missing Person Case

Wow I see the resemblance with both of them. Good Find Nancy!

Except Dunn and Owens went missing in 1990. These bodies were found in 95 and couldn’t be that old considering that they know of a tattoo on the UID. Also, Dunn being 15 and Owens 17, and also being poor rural kids, the existence of wedding rings seems highly unlikely.

I have always considered Angel Resindez a suspect because of the proximity to the railroad tracks. I did some reading on him and found out he was arrested at a train yard in 1995 for trespassing and carrying a gun. I emailed the Santa Fe PD asking if they could tell me what kind of gun. If its a 38, I will almost be certain that he killed them. It still would leave many questions but it would be a start!
Resendiz killed a lady in the town over from daingerfield and it was very close to the train tracks, where the trains regularly slowed or stopped. Martha and Eric were nowhere near his area. Not to mention that this murder was in 98. 8 yrs after Dunn and Owens disappear.

Except Dunn and Owens went missing in 1990. These bodies were found in 95 and couldn’t be that old considering that they know of a tattoo on the UID. Also, Dunn being 15 and Owens 17, and also being poor rural kids, the existence of wedding rings seems highly unlikely.

There's no reason to think they died in 1990 though. They could have lived rough for years. Or they could have found a place to settle down, had jobs, and been living a fairly normal young married life including matching wedding rings.

There's no reason to think they died in 1990 though. They could have lived rough for years. Or they could have found a place to settle down, had jobs, and been living a fairly normal young married life including matching wedding rings.
except it is OK, My besties Uncle was just Identified " William Carl Reed " Bill" they gave DNA eons ago and were totally off on the year he went missing in 88 and they had an approx deceased date of 94 or something like that , Really wrong !

except it is OK, My besties Uncle was just Identified " William Carl Reed " Bill" they gave DNA eons ago and were totally off on the year he went missing in 88 and they had an approx deceased date of 94 or something like that , Really wrong !

Yeah, some of the approximate deceased dates have been really screwed up.

I'm getting to where I don't trust any information about older UIDs unless it's been confirmed recently. Grain of salt? How about a whole salt mine?

Yeah, some of the approximate deceased dates have been really screwed up.

I'm getting to where I don't trust any information about older UIDs unless it's been confirmed recently. Grain of salt? How about a whole salt mine?
I totally agree we need to question all pre-internet info because Ive seen things so far off I actually want to drive to the originator and slap them !!

I totally agree we need to question all pre-internet info because Ive seen things so far off I actually want to drive to the originator and slap them !!

Yeah really.

In the old days, most places didn't have a medical examiner. The coroner was whichever local doctor was available. When I read about what they had in the way of training and facilities, I'm amazed it isn't worse than it is.

And so many LE agencies won't even consider there might have been a mistake. It's maddening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back