TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 + 2 = 3.
1) Read the last comment on the previously linked San Antonio News, read the posters' explanation of Amazon Alexa, and recall the multiple press reports that Alexa was using Social Media earlier in the night of her murder.

2) Know that the FBI had to be called in to immediately subpoena all electronic data and to have it analyzed in their top level HQ in Langley VA.

3) Arrest.

FBI headquarters is not in Langley.

That’s definitely a possibility, IMO.

I find the following interesting also:
“Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar told reporters at a press conference the two girls appear to have been killed, although it is too early to speculate if the third victim, identified as 37-year-old Nichol Leila Olsen by the San Antonio Express-News, died as a result of homicide or suicide. All three had died from gunshot wounds.

‘We’re hoping as this investigation unfolds it will be able to shed more light on not only what was going on last night, but also what may have happened this morning,’ Salazar said. He added that all three victims were related to each other but did not confirm how.”
Woman and two girls found dead at mansion inside Texas gated community

“Salazar said the girls’ deaths appeared to be homicides, but investigators are reserving judgment on whether the woman’s death was a homicide or suicide pending further investigation.”
State briefs

What would make it more difficult to tell if a death was due to a homicide or suicide?

Re BBM
Good question. The only thing I can figure out is if it was a murder of the adult then the real murderer placed the gun into a position where he made it look like she killed herself after killing the girls.

That would be the only reason I can think of why LE is still wondering if she killed herself or not.

Re BBM
Good question. The only thing I can figure out is if it was a murder of the adult then the real murderer placed the gun into a position where he made it look like she killed herself after killing the girls.

That would be the only reason I can think of why LE is still wondering if she killed herself or not.

The sheriff has flat-out stated that he is delving deep into this because, despite the ME ruling of murder suicide, which he also states he does not dispute that finding, that he "still has TWO murders to investigate".

Key wording being = TWO murders to investigate, not three.

I believe the ME report right now.

I think it is entirely possible that she did kill her girls and then herself.

Jmo

The medical examiner can only explain how the bodies looked and how they died. They cannot investigate entirely who did the shooting right?

Isnt that the job of investigators to identify who did the actual shootings?

The sheriff has flat-out stated that he is delving deep into this because, despite the ME ruling of murder suicide, which he also states he does not dispute that finding, that he "still has TWO murders to investigate".

Key wording being = TWO murders to investigate, not three.

Thanks. Catching up on this case.

We have seen in other cases where a medical examiner would have wordings like this:

"gunshot wounds consistent with suicide"

or things along that nature but I dont think the medical examiner is the end all in an investigation. I think law enforcement investigators have the last word and can end up coming to a different conclusion. Usually they match but not always.

For example if a murderer held the woman down and put a gun to her head in just the right position then of course it would look like a suicide and the ME might conclude it was consistent with a suicide but the actual killing may have been a murder. Especially if he wiped prints and put the gun near her hand.

I need to read up more on this case to help understand all the facts we know so far.

Forensics don't match up? Interesting he mentions the night before and the morning.

Salazar gave the first press conference within a couple of hours of the 911 call. He admits that he (Salazar) had not been inside the home yet. Per his detectives (I'm assuming since he had not been in home yet), the two younger females appear to be homicide, but too early to say whether older female is homicide or suicide. IMO something they "saw" at the scene prevented them from announcing suicide right off the bat, even though they were able to say homicide on the girls. Perhaps body, weapon, or wound placement?

Salazar's comment about what happened the night before and in the morning, I took it to mean that at the time of the news conference, they were aware of the incident (argument, fight) the night before, and that CW was also the one to find them in the morning MOO. However, there could be other reasons why Salazar said that, that we are unaware of at this point. I recall in a news article that relatives arrived at the scene very early on. Perhaps something was said about texts or phone calls, etc. that they received the night before from NO and/or daughters.

It's the "new" math apparently.

Doesn't equal three for me.

Does any recall what article had the mention of NOs previous domestic violence charge and conviction (striking a man)? Looking for the date of that occurrence.

Attached are public records from the official Bexar County site. Note the date of the offense and the date on the divorce file. 3/10/2014. Significant?

Attachments

• A460D727-9894-47CB-A651-CA35FDC5AE71.jpeg
    A460D727-9894-47CB-A651-CA35FDC5AE71.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 81B15768-5FE4-4BD2-B91E-50C39E5BA6CE.jpeg
    81B15768-5FE4-4BD2-B91E-50C39E5BA6CE.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 59
Attached are public records from the official Bexar County site. Note the date of the offense and the date on the divorce file. 3/10/2014. Significant?
It says "all docs filed prior to 2008....." I wonder what that means. It's on the doc to the right.

It says "all docs filed prior to 2008....." I wonder what that means. It's on the doc to the right.

The way I interpret these documents - IMOO IANAL JMO- is that she assaulted Carlos Montez on March 10th, 2014. Since the victim was identified as her ex-husband, the divorce file (including documents dated before 2008) was pulled and copied for reference, that same day. The copy of the divorce file probably became part of the criminal file.

JMO. But there were people asking who the victim was. IMO it was Carlos Montez, and it may have been related to the child support issues they seemed to be having. MOO

Edited to add, the “prior to 2008” might mean documents still on paper that hadn’t been scanned yet? Just a guess.

Last edited:
The way I interpret these documents - IMOO IANAL JMO- is that she assaulted Carlos Montez on March 10th, 2014. Since the victim was identified as her ex-husband, the divorce file (including documents dated before 2008) was copied for reference. The copy of the divorce file probably became part of the criminal file.

JMO. But there were people asking who the victim was. IMO it was Carlos Montez, and it may have been related to the child support issues they seemed to be having. MOO
When I pulled up the complete file at the court, his name is on it. And what you said makes sense.

I think it's also significant that one P.O. requested case disclosure of all divorce related documents on 16 Jan 2019. I think it may have been one of her articles where I saw the charge and conviction of NO written originally. It's probably brought up in the divorce filing.

P.O. is a reporter with The Chronicle Herald and is covering this case.
Scant details released as investigation into triple shooting continues

I think it's also significant that one P.O. requested case disclosure of all divorce related documents on 16 Jan 2019. I think it may have been one of her articles where I saw the charge and conviction of NO written originally. It's probably brought up in the divorce filing.

P.O. is a reporter with The Chronicle Herald and is covering this case.
Scant details released as investigation into triple shooting continues
San Antonio Express News? And it says subscribe to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks