Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought about the tape! I have never used Gorilla tape. Is it like duct tape?

I find all tape a nightmare.

Double gloved. Would that be medical gloves? They must be easier to do fine work with because doctors use them.

Yes, this is one big part of his confession i wonder about. with two pair of gloves if he lost the end of the roll.... i guess he could use his knife to try to get the tape going again... and he laid his gun down...?

It doesn't say in the complaint that she saw him walking up the driveway. In fact, it says that the first time she saw him was when she was in the bathroom. It does say, though, that she saw him drive up the driveway. Is the walking up the driveway from another source?

Maybe this has been raised, but I just noticed that there is a contradiction in the complaint between Jayme and JP about the duct tape. Jayme says that JP told her mother to tape Jayme's mouth and her mother did it, while JP says that he had to do it.

Yep. Not sure I believe his account. Been discussed.

With regard to driving up the driveway, I swear from now on I am going to take screen shots of everything. Not at you in anyway. In general. Saw a man dressed all in black with a gun walking up the driveway is what I recall. But I am not going to argue it. And I read it many times. I also doubt I am the only.

With regard to driving up the driveway, I swear from now on I am going to take screen shots of everything. Not at you in anyway. In general. Saw a man dressed all in black with a gun walking up the driveway is what I recall. But I am not going to argue it. And I read it many times. I also doubt I am the only.
I only remember (but I have definitely not read anywhere close to everything!) her saying she saw a car drive up. But it is hard to imagine that she would have been able to see, in the dark, a figure, all dressed in black, and that it was carrying a black gun?

ETA to note that most guns are black or at least dark?

I only remember (but I have definitely not read anywhere close to everything!) her saying she saw a car drive up. But it is hard to imagine that she would have been able to see, in the dark, a figure, all dressed in black, and that it was carrying a black gun?

I thought her only description of what happened is in the complaint, so if there are other sources of what she's said, I'd be very interested. Not asking anyone to go find them, just that I'd be interested :)

I thought her only description of what happened is in the complaint, so if there are other sources of what she's said, I'd be very interested. Not asking anyone to go find them, just that I'd be interested :)
The complaint that I read, said this:

On the night J.L.C. was abducted, J.L.C. stated she was asleep in her bedroom when her dog started barking early in the morning. J.L.C. stated she got up to investigate why her dog was barking and noticed there was someone driving up their driveway. J.L.C. stated she went to her parents’ room and woke them up. J.L.C. stated her parents got up and her father went to the door to see what was going on. J.L.C. stated there was a man (later identified as Patterson) at the door with a gun, so she and her mother hid in the bathroom with the door closed. J.L.C stated that she and her mother hid in the bathtub.
J.L.C. stated she heard a gunshot and knew her father had just been killed.

She said she 'noticed there was someone driving up their driveway', so she woke her parents up. I'm not sure she ever saw a figure walking up the driveway, what he was dressed in or what he was carrying, except that she knew her dad went to the door and she 'assumed' he had a gun since her dad got shot?

Is there a different complaint wording?

On the night J.L.C. was abducted, J.L.C. stated she was asleep in her bedroom when her dog started barking early in the morning. J.L.C. stated she got up to investigate why her dog was barking and noticed there was someone driving up their driveway. J.L.C. stated she went to her parents’ room and woke them up. J.L.C. stated her parents got up and her father went to the door to see what was going on. J.L.C. stated there was a man (later identified as Patterson) at the door with a gun, so she and her mother hid in the bathroom with the door closed. J.L.C stated that she and her mother hid in the bathtub.

She said she 'noticed there was someone driving up their driveway', so she woke her parents up. I'm not sure she ever saw a figure walking up the driveway, what he was dressed in or what he was carrying, except that she knew her dad went to the door and she 'assumed' he had a gun since her dad got shot?

Not as far as I know, that's my point. If she said he walked up the driveway, it must have come from somewhere other than the complaint.

Not as far as I know, that's my point. If she said he walked up the driveway, it must have come from somewhere other than the complaint.
Oh sorry, I thought you had quoted my post and were therefore questioning where I had seen about driving up the driveway.

From page three of the complaint. Item 3 on this thread.

"On the night J.L.C. was abducted, J.L.C. stated she was asleep in her bedroom when her dog started barking early in the morning. J.L.C. stated she got up to investigate why her dog was barking and noticed there was someone driving up their driveway. J.L.C. stated she went to her parents’ room and woke them up. J.L.C. stated her parents got up and her father went to the door to see what was going on. J.L.C. stated there was a man (later identified as Patterson) at the door with a gun, so she and her mother hid in the bathroom with the door closed. J.L.C stated that she and her mother hid in the bathtub."

Thanks, I missed or forgot the discussion of the duct tape discrepancy.

Yep. That is why it struck me. And why if it is not missing I pointed it out pages ago. It was talked about. And then the remark in the bathroom was first time seen. It struck me immediately. I took the bathroom remark to be first time seen up close. I took the other remark to mean probably a shadowy figure with a gun in maybe moonlight? Believe it or not, I have not lost it, I discussed it previously... It was one somewhat inconsistent thing like her saying her mom taped her and him saying he did.

I do not know how to search in these threads but it was discussed.
Thanks, I missed or forgot the discussion of the duct tape discrepancy.

I meant his part about taping her rather than Jayme's about her mom taping her. Not sure I believe him, more inclined to believe her.

Yep. That is why it struck me. And why if it is not missing I pointed it out pages ago. It was talked about. And then the remark in the bathroom was first time seen. It struck me immediately. I took the bathroom remark to be first time seen up close. I took the other remark to mean probably a shadowy figure with a gun in maybe moonlight? Believe it or not, I have not lost it, I discussed it previously... It was one somewhat inconsistent thing like her saying her mom taped her and him saying he did.
Interesting..... do you remember where you saw the statement about her seeing the figure dressed in black carrying a gun walking up her driveway?

Didn’t his entrance to the Closs home resemble a special forces op? I have a couple theories about it (but the one that won’t get me a suspension is). . . He was playing GI Joe. Rejection from the Marines had to be devastating to his psyche but his interest didn’t end there. He planned an invasion and take-down. It fed his military fantasy and achieved his goal, the attainment of a trophy, JC.

What's funny (well, not funny, because nothing about this is funny) is that he probably thought that missions like the crime he committed at the Closs home were what he would be doing in the Marines. Probably played a lot of Call of Duty or games like that. Little did he know that like 95+% of Marines/military never do missions like that. My uncle who was a Marine always used to say -- "if someone tells you they did special ops missions for the military they are probably lying, because people who are in special ops know better than to brag about it." Only the best of the best do, and he certainly wouldn't have been in that group.

No. There is only one criminal complaint. It is a legal document, and there would have to be a notation if it were changed.

All of this discussion about the house where JP resided has me SMH. He (JP) didn't own the home or acreage, so why should his dad have to sell it? PP is a victim of his own son at this time and unless he is found to know anything about these crimes he is the one to make a decision about what becomes of HIS property IMO.

Gorilla is another brand of duct tape. Until this crime, I was only aware of the “duct” tape in a generic sense. I’ve used the Gorilla glue for repairs and it has built a reputation so they extended their brand to duct tape.

Not sure what kind of gloves he wore but you’d think it would be sticky if plastic gloves, cumbersome if cloth gloves.

I imagine they were the ones used by doctors?

All of this discussion about the house where JP resided has me SMH. He (JP) didn't own the home or acreage, so why should his dad have to sell it? PP is a victim of his own son at this time and unless he is found to know anything about these crimes he is the one to make a decision about what becomes of HIS property IMO.

It is a house of horrors.

I doubt if any of us on here get to decide.

I wonder what they will do with. I discovered I know his gf from a long time ago. A very nice person

I imagine they were the ones used by doctors?
I think he would have worn black leather gloves.

It would fit the rest of his ensemble, which played into his fantasy.

Black clothing, black mask, black gloves.

Plastic gloves would tear, and wouldn’t match the psychology of his crime.

Screen shots. Glad others do them. From now on, I plan on it.
Interesting..... do you remember where you saw the statement about her seeing the figure dressed in black carrying a gun walking up her driveway?

The complaint. I only read it a dozen times. I am going to find someone who took screen shots, I swear. I realize they can be amended but amendments I always thought were filed but maybe that is incorrect. Or I am losing it, people can feel free to say so. However, I pointed it out and it was discussed back then. That and the two different taping scenarios were the things that stood out. Oh well. It was not even that I questioned her account, I just figured she saw a shadowy figure all in black with a gun coming up the driveway and then said the first time she saw hi was in the bathroom (meaning up close). So it is not that I am questioning her account. It was just a bit of a thing where I thought there must have been moonlight, etc. or a light on. Oh WELL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson