TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she had two phones because they had just moved and one phone was her old one from Georgia and one was from her new town in Tennessee. Looking at the location of her new home it seems to be in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains. I have visited that area before (although not her town) and cell service was spotty to non-existent in my experience. Locals told me on my visit that you had to have a certain carrier to get a cell signal at all in some places. My speculation is that the family had to change cell companies when they moved and got new phones with local TN numbers. Perhaps the old Georgia phone contract was not quite up yet or perhaps they were letting her keep the GA phone for wifi use only with no contract. Just my speculation on the two phones thing.

What is more odd to me is that BOTH phones pinged in Kentucky in the same location. If she was running away would she take both phones? If someone who knew Savannah took her or only took her phones to Kentucky to ping as a red herring-- why take both phones and why head North? The two phones and the ping locations make me think this was someone she didn't know.
MOO.
I agree, Gardener. The reason for her second phone is likely due to a change in service provider. When Fillyaw spoke about the phone and phone records in the press conference, he said "phone carriers" and "phone services" (plural). Here is one example:

REPORTER: What happens next?
FILLYAW: Well, after this gets released, after we get this out to the public, any and all tips that come in will be followed up by myself, the FBI, the TBI, and you know, we're gonna continue to be checking with her phone services to see if those phones do reactivate. They also have information in their systems to notify us if there's activation - immediately. So, at this point we're just waiting on her phones to activate and waiting on tips and information.

Press Conference:

Transcript:

Attachments

• Jan 25 Press Conference.pdf
    363.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If, in fact, this started out as a runaway, what would have enticed her to go willingly? What would the perp offer? Adventure or or a thrill? She has a loving home with a future that included the anticipation of things she loved. Horses, and other farm animals like goats (my favorite). How was she convinced to leave all that?

Let’s take a look at Nicole Lovell’s case. Poor girl was lured out by a “male”.

“The “official plan,” Hite said Keepers described, was for Eisenhauer to lure Lovell from her apartment under the guise of a date in the early hours of Jan. 27, invite the teen for a walk and then grab her from behind and slit her throat.

During his own police interviews, Eisenhauer said he had been exchanging messages with Lovell since mid-December under the impression she was 16 or 17 years old, according to testimony. He told police they eventually opened up to each other, as Lovell said she was upset and everyone hated her.

Eisenhauer said he did go to meet with the girl that night, but he told police he left when he saw that she appeared to be about 11 years old.”

Snip

“According to Dustin, Eisenhauer said he had met an underage girl and feared she would “expose” him.”

Details in Nicole Lovell case come out during hearing

I agree, Gardener. The reason for her second phone is likely due to a change in service provider. When Fillyaw spoke about the phone and phone records in the press conference, he said "phone carriers" and "phone services" (plural). Here is one example:

REPORTER: What happens next?
FILLYAW: Well, after this gets released, after we get this out to the public, any and all tips that come in will be followed up by myself, the FBI, the TBI, and you know, we're gonna continue to be checking with her phone services to see if those phones do reactivate. They also have information in their systems to notify us if there's activation - immediately. So, at this point we're just waiting on her phones to activate and waiting on tips and information.

This statement bugs me:
“at this point we're just waiting on her phones to activate and waiting on tips and information.”

Yeah how often does one’s phone just miraculously reactivate in cases like this.

Here is a transcript of the press conference. I left out er's, uh's, and um's because it just made it too hard to read. There were A LOT of them, lol. Other than that, it should be near verbatim. Maybe we could all take a look at it to see if we've missed something. ?

This part bothers me ...
REPORTER: She's a farm girl?
FATHER: Yes.
MOTHER: At heart, until we actually got here.

This statement bugs me:
“at this point we're just waiting on her phones to activate and waiting on tips and information.”

Yeah how often does one’s phone just miraculously reactivate in cases like this.
I have learned to never say "never," so I'll go with "rarely ever." I think this statement was made after he had already explained that they received 2,000 pages of data, had gone through all of that, etc. So, basically, he was saying all that was left to do (as far as her phones go) is monitor usage.
MOO

This statement bugs me:

Can't they get the data from the provider? I thought they didn't necessarily need the phone for that. I would think that would be information they would be very interested in seeing. Imo

I wonder if the reporter could do a follow up on this part of the interview:

"REPORTER: She's a farm girl?
FATHER: Yes.
MOTHER: At heart, until we actually got here.
FATHER: Lizards, I mean she never met a strange animal that she didn't get. A raccoon she raised last year from a baby. MOTHER: She was, she was all…
FATHER: All farm girl.
MOTHER: …all farm."

BBM

Had something changed in her wanting to be a farm girl? Or was mom just adding some words? I wonder if this was a decision made with regrets? Or something completely off our radar scopes?
That’s what caught me attention as well.
Another thing is... her and Mom have Snapchat pictures on FB meaning she used Snapchat and I was under the impression that conversations on SC can’t be recovered??? Anyone know if that’s true?
<modsnipped- mom's facebook is off limits>
Many 14 year old girls IME are at an age they challenge their elders - they are trying to become their own person - which is natural IMO but some parents find it difficult to see their “baby” grow up.
There have been reported sightings of her in Kentucky and in Louisiana. I hope she is out there and that she is safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't they get the data from the provider? I thought they didn't necessarily need the phone for that. I would think that would be information they would be very interested in seeing. Imo

I took this statement to mean they were waiting for her phones to reactivate so they could get another ping on her location? I might have misinterpreted.

I don't think she looks happy on the other facebook page, observation only. I believe we need to address the two-week delay in reporting her missing. When a victim speaks of a dearly loved one who is missing they have hope and never use past tense words to describe. It's a linguistic fact. Who did they purchase the home from, who was the realtor and why the delay in reporting? Please correct me if I am wrong but they waited to report her missing?
And of course, I want to know where her wallet shoes and coat are. Are they in the home? Why no search warrant for the homes plural? Can anyone verify she actually moved 'back' home w them?
I have questions, as usual...
xo

Two week delay?

That is strange, isn't it? I wonder if being a farm girl turned out to be more work than she imagined or something?
MOO
Maybe she was homesick and made arrangements with someone back home to come and get her? Could she have snuck out, met them at the end of the driveway, got in a car, and then something went wrong? Didn't the phone ping somewhere near her old home?
Maybe she did run away and is hiding out somewhere? Imo

We get a bit more information... and it just makes things weirder. Awesome.
I have two thoughts on the sheets, and I hate both of them.

1) She had an encounter with a boy. Sheets were damaged, she knew she would be in big trouble, ran away. Took the sheets.
2) She was removed from her home wrapped in the sheets.

We know that they just moved in December. Do we know why they moved?

Now that is strange, isn't it? I wonder if being a farm girl turned out to be more work than she imagined or something?
MOO

That was a very strange addition "until we actually got here"

You asked whether she took riding lessons. Along those lines I was wondering if they just aquired a horse. Did they/she keep in contact? I've learned a lot about so called horse people in the KB thread. Seems like horse folks might travel a long distance early in the morning? An adventure for a 14 year old farm girl at heart...

And thinking about the time discrepancy.. maybe mom realizes Savannah is not in the home at a theoretical 4:30 wake up call, but thought Savannah might already be doing chores? (Idk about the window and sheets then, though). But perhaps her sister/s actually verified she was not out taking care of things by 5 or 5:30?

Not sure if that last part even makes sense. Definitely curious about the horse angle though. Hoping for the best.

Law enforcement has stated emphatically that they have no evidence to suggest that she was planning on leaving, either alone or within someone. They have combed her cellphone records, and I would definitely think all social media too.
I don't read anything into the "bring my baby home" comment. It rings true to me, genuine emotion and anguish from parents who long to hold their child again safely in their arms.
It bothers me when parents talk in past tense ... but I hear myself do it referring to a time when my children or grandchildren were younger - BEFORE they became independent or were trying to become independent from me.
I have never referred to my daughter - the oldest as “my baby” but I have referred to my son that way - he is my youngest. Savannah stated her mother “couldn’t deal with 4 kids” on FB, so I think she helped out ALOT with her siblings.
No tears from Mom bothers me, but it’s been two weeks so maybe she’s cried so much, she can’t cry anymore? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288