MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
"

"Liked" the post for the helpful info r/t black eyes, but I'm sorry to hear about your accident, silver survivor....what a scary, traumatic and painful experience for you. Glad you're here!
thanks but it was a long time ago however...the Christmas pix remain lol. ive had way worse as crazy as it sounds

It is interesting that he is in jail, and the police union did not pony up the bail. No parents either? Hmmm...Hendren is not doing well.

I can't help but compare this situation to Amber Guyger, police woman in Dallas who shot a man at his home, while off duty. She wasn't even terminated, for weeks. And the police union put up her bail, and arranged major attorney for her. She never spent an hour in jail.

Interesting to compare how different jurisdictions treat situations.

It is interesting that he is in jail, and the police union did not pony up the bail. No parents either? Hmmm...Hendren is not doing well.

I can't help but compare this situation to Amber Guyger, police woman in Dallas who shot a man at his home, while off duty. She wasn't even terminated, for weeks. And the police union put up her bail, and arranged major attorney for her. She never spent an hour in jail.

Interesting to compare how different jurisdictions treat situations.
Yeah, but these are completely different circumstances though.

The comparison would be better if the cases resembled one another.

These couldn’t be more different, fatalities aside.

Thanks for the link to the video of the family press conference. I feel so badly for her family, they seem to still be in shock. Her poor mother still talks of her in the present tense. Also felt badly about her dad saying they were hurt by some of the rumors and hurtful things being said about their daughter in the news, etc. Strong impression that they have no idea what could have happened. They do deserve answers and public support.

Attorney seems extremely competent. He knows exactly how this investigation is supposed to be done and, if done properly, all questions will be resolved. He also seemed very concerned by the conflict and disagreement between the prosecutor and police department. He's not judging anything until more information becomes available. They will get answers about all the evidence, whether blood samples were taken from the shooter and other officer, etc.

ETA: Anyone else think its unusual that Officer Alix's husband was not at the press conference with her family?

God bless this family. It felt a bit intrusive to their pain to have them subjected to a press conference. Was this on the very day of their loved one’s funeral? I can’t imagine sitting up their taking questions from the press about a tragedy so overwhelming and confusing. I really felt badly they were put in this position at such a difficult time when their pain is so raw. Maybe that’s why the spouse was not there? Especially since he is LE also, I would cringe if he had been asked hurtful questions about the circumstances. It’s just such a terrrible situation all around.

Hmmm.. after a high profile attorney led pc immediately following KA's burial mass, I disagree. I don't think they'll not have much choice but to be thorough in this investigation. MOO[/QUOTE

I am sure they will do their best, but the crime scene was not secured and I am sure that evidence has been tainted.

YES!!

THIS is my #1 question!!!

So many things that my non-legal mind thinks could apply here. Assault with a deadly weapon? Assault on a police officer? And isn't any death resultant from a felony, even if unintentionally, eligible for first degree murder?

Do we have any V Attorneys on the thread?

Felony murder - a murder that occurs during the commission of a felony.

Also, after investigation is completed, other charges could be added. Will follow up when I have more energy.

Timeline established for 2 on-duty officers in the hours before Katlyn Alix was killed

They are now reviewing all of the calls for the last month for this team.

Hendren is suspended, and in jail...
Hellmeier is on leave with pay

This is interesting to me, that Hendren is suspended so quickly, and in jail.

A reminder that Sgt. Hellmeier took the information from the unnamed police officer and submitted a report. He is not on leave.

The unnamed p.o. is on adm. leave with pay.

Felony murder - a murder that occurs during the commission of a felony.

Also, after investigation is completed, other charges could be added. Will follow up when I have more energy.

No, this was a "tragic accident" when someone was "mishandling a gun".

Isn't that how they describe similar situations with three year old children and a gun?

No, this was a "tragic accident" when someone was "mishandling a gun".

Isn't that how they describe similar situations with three year old children and a gun?
Ah but these were not 3 year olds innocently playing with a shiny black object . They were highly trained professionals who knew better than anyone what the consequences of their actions would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater