HI HI - Hauula, 'Barnacle Bill' UP6909, 19-25, SCUBA suit bought In Tacoma, Nov'82

Awaiting news, apparently for a bit longer....

I have so many dreams about Bill! And every time I wake up and wonder if he's trying to tell me his name but cannot, or do I forget? Maybe we are good friends in another universe.
Does Bill have DNA? I wonder if DDP could take his case.

I just heard from Wally Thomas, DNA from Clifford Stigall’s family is in NAMUS. Unfortunately, the Honolulu Coroner’s Office can’t find Barnacle Bob’s thumb. I’m not making this up. If they can find it, or if Clifford Stigall’s dentals are found, we will know.
Wally and Captain Good, you have really done fine. We need some luck here.
While the St. Patrick was lost off Alaska, Clifford Stigall was from Washington State, and the Bayley exposure suit was sold in Tacoma. Might it have belonged to Clifford Stigall himself, rather than the ship? Hmmm. If only the records of the Bayley company were found. That was a warranted item, and the owner of record would be really nice to know.

I just heard from Wally Thomas, DNA from Clifford Stigall’s family is in NAMUS. Unfortunately, the Honolulu Coroner’s Office can’t find Barnacle Bob’s thumb. I’m not making this up. If they can find it, or if Clifford Stigall’s dentals are found, we will know.
Wally and Captain Good, you have really done fine. We need some luck here.
While the St. Patrick was lost off Alaska, Clifford Stigall was from Washington State, and the Bayley exposure suit was sold in Tacoma. Might it have belonged to Clifford Stigall himself, rather than the ship? Hmmm. If only the records of the Bayley company were found. That was a warranted item, and the owner of record would be really nice to know.

bbm

ahhh, we know our survival suited stranger as an ocean hitch-hiker....

Ryo John Stanistreet just got added to Namus: Missing Person Case

He went missing at sea in August 1982.
OK, I’ll buy this one. If he was stationed at Vandenberg he was presumably Air Force. That means dental records may exist. How can we get someone who has his dentals to talk to someone who needs them? A comparison can be done quickly if they can be found.

Stanistreet was from Syracuse NY and was a Staff Sgt. in the USAF. He apparently died while scuba diving. Found his obit online. He left two brothers and a sister.

Magnum, he's in Namus, so I'm assuming they're working on getting his dental charts. I don't know if they'll do an automatic check of them without a tip though.
I haven't followed this UID too closely and you guys are doing an amazing job, but I found Ryo while I was looking for someone else and thought I should bring him to your attention. :)

I would assume that Ryo would not have been in a survival suit, especially if he were diving at the time of his disappearance.

Details say that their boat was in distress and that he may have been on a small raft when he went missing. He didn't go missing while he was diving, but while he was on a diving trip. So we don't really have an indication based on those details as to whether or not he was wearing a survival suit.

Details say that their boat was in distress and that he may have been on a small raft when he went missing. He didn't go missing while he was diving, but while he was on a diving trip. So we don't really have an indication based on those details as to whether or not he was wearing a survival suit.
Yup, what KaylaraOwl said. And this could be easy to check, dentals can be done quickly, with no lab time. Probably not him but it’s easy enough to run down, and that’s one of the few things in this case one could say that about.
I would not assume that anyone is looking for his dentals. Often it’s like kicking a brontosaurus in the butt to get these cases to move. Many times families have said they filed a missing persons report, only to find out decades later that it vanished.....

Ryo looks like a decent potential match. He's a little taller ( 3") and a little older (3 years) then is estimated for Bill but he's in the right place at the right time (ocean current wise I think) and they both seem to have brown hair.

Ryo's scenario would explain the cut off shorts too. I found a news article but it didn't mention much about the boating issue or exposure suits.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back