Found Deceased UK - Luke Jobson, 22, Yarm, 26 Jan 2019 *Arrests*

Recap after search called off
  • Hundreds of volunteers joined the search for missing Luke Jobson on Monday
  • The 22-year-old went missing after a night out in Yarm on Friday
  • The Thornaby man was training to be an engineer and was described by his family as a “nice, lovely, natural and calm” lad
  • On Sunday police confirmed one line of inquiry was that Luke had been involved in an “altercation” on Yarm High Street
  • It has emerged today that three teenagers have come forward with information and will be questioned as part of the investigation
  • The search was called off early this afternoon when a body was found in the River Tees
  • No formal identification has taken place. Specially trained officers are supporting Luke’s family
  • Our thoughts are with his loved ones at this time

Luke Jobson search called off as police find body in River Tees

Five teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after a body was found in a river in Yarm. The five teenagers came forward during the day on Monday while police continued to search for missing Mr Jobson. Two 18-year-olds and two 16-year-olds were released under investigation, while an 18-year-old remains in custody facing questioning.

Luke Jobson: Five teenagers arrested for manslaughter after body found in river

According to MSM 4 suspects have been released on bail and 1 is still being questioned. This sounds like a lot more than manslaughter, he was apparently pepper sprayed and running for his life.
I hope the brutal youths responsible face the harshest punishment allowed by law. Would have thought they’d have started with murder charges and then dropped to manslaughter. MOO.
An absolutely stunning young man is dead after being chased, when they left him to die alone in the cold is when they intended to cause death.
Yet it’s most likely that they will find some legal loophole and receive around 8 years of which they’ll do half...
Luke is someone’s son, brother, nephew, partner and friend. My thoughts go out to all who knew him at this unimaginable heartbreaking time.

I think it could be very hard to get a conviction of manslaughter for this. If he entered the river himself that is misadventure surely?

If there are no other injuries and the c.o.d is drowning, and the lads say they never saw him after he jumped the wall, then yes its misadventure. I don't think you can get convicted of chasing. Not sure what the law is on pepper spray.

However, four lads have been released, one detained. This could be the driver, who it is rumoured tried to run Luke over.

The post mortem results will make things a lot clearer, hopefully.

I wonder what contact they had with Luke after he jumped the wall. Do we know for sure whether they caught up with him again?

That's what I was wondering too. They might have not gone after him, claiming they thought he'll be alright, but he succumbed to his injuries or the cold, or fell in the river and drowned. A good lawyer might get the charges reduced to assault. I hope not.

Jeez. The target was £2k, currently at £45k+

EDIT: No way, gets stars?! Well, it's a fundraising page...

Aww bless him,this would be best given the circumstances,I'm heartbroken this young boy had no chance with that gang involved, I'm in bits,I couldn't even imagine what his family are going through.xx

But without the PM results we don't know if the gang had anything directly to do with his death. If he drowned but there are no other marks on him, and the gang said they lost track of him / just wanted to scare him / didn't see him once he entered school grounds, I don't know if they'll even get prosecuted. I'm playing devils advocate because in my opinion the gang is responsible, at the very least indirectly, but I can't see a manslaughter charge sticking on the basis of "just" chasing someone. That said, if the rumours are true that Luke was beaten up and left near the river I think it should be murder, not manslaughter.

The police will be withholding results while they try to untangle whatever stories the boys are each telling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back