Found Deceased UK - Luke Jobson, 22, Yarm, 26 Jan 2019 *Arrests*

But without the PM results we don't know if the gang had anything directly to do with his death. If he drowned but there are no other marks on him, and the gang said they lost track of him / just wanted to scare him / didn't see him once he entered school grounds, I don't know if they'll even get prosecuted. I'm playing devils advocate because in my opinion the gang is responsible, at the very least indirectly, but I can't see a manslaughter charge sticking on the basis of "just" chasing someone. That said, if the rumours are true that Luke was beaten up and left near the river I think it should be murder, not manslaughter.

The police will be withholding results while they try to untangle whatever stories the boys are each telling.
I just got bad feeling something bad happened to this boy,when it was mentioned there'd been altercation, and he was chased, my heart flipped, it just didn't look good,I prayed he'd be found safe,but it wasnt to be,I just want whoever's responsible punished,even if you only try to scare someone it can have terrible consequences,poor boy,he didn't deserve any of this to happen,he had a wonderful future ahead of him,he had a family who loved him,good friends,and a gorgeous girlfriend..x

Interesting. I did wonder if this "county lines" thing had anything to do with it.51161286_2511502125557880_497706419487768576_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just got bad feeling something bad happened to this boy,when it was mentioned there'd been altercation, and he was chased, my heart flipped, it just didn't look good,I prayed he'd be found safe,but it wasnt to be,I just want whoever's responsible punished,even if you only try to scare someone it can have terrible consequences,poor boy,he didn't deserve any of this to happen,he had a wonderful future ahead of him,he had a family who loved him,good friends,and a gorgeous girlfriend..x

No doubt at all that he was chased and running and scared. But what if he just ran and ran and slipped and fell, I'm not sure the gang can be directly blamed for his death, not legally anyway.

Have we heard if one lad is still in custody?

No doubt at all that he was chased and running and scared. But what if he just ran and ran and slipped and fell, I'm not sure the gang can be directly blamed for his death, not legally anyway.

Have we heard if one lad is still in custody?
I understand what your saying,but if he was left alone in the first place,he would have gone home safe,and none of this would have happened, we might never know the truth of what's happened, as Luke's not able to tell us,God bless him.x

I understand what your saying,but if he was left alone in the first place,he would have gone home safe,and none of this would have happened, we might never know the truth of what's happened, as Luke's not able to tell us,God bless him.x

I agree, but unfortunately a moral standpoint doesn't equal a legal one. I'm really hoping the post mortem is conclusive enough to bang them up*, but I'm worried it won't be and they'll totally get away with it. Regardless of what happened there SHOULD be consequences, a deterrent to this sort of behaviour.

*not that I want Luke to have been beaten up, of course, but you know what I mean!

I agree, but unfortunately a moral standpoint doesn't equal a legal one. I'm really hoping the post mortem is conclusive enough to bang them up*, but I'm worried it won't be and they'll totally get away with it. Regardless of what happened there SHOULD be consequences, a deterrent to this sort of behaviour.

*not that I want Luke to have been beaten up, of course, but you know what I mean!
I know what you mean,I'm worried about them getting away with it,too many people do just that these days.x

Maybe the Pm results were inconclusive and the police are playing for time now to try and get a charge that will work in court , just my opinion

I'm quite amazed that they (well at least some of them) immediately and voluntarily contacted police. Maybe parents made them?

There were very specific names and photos going around on FB almost immediately, they couldn't have ignored it or hidden for long. Plus, assuming some of them didn't physically hurt Luke, it would be in their interest to play ball with the nice policemen.

I'm quite amazed that they (well at least some of them) immediately and voluntarily contacted police. Maybe parents made them?
Yes I was surprised, then I got worried,but they did the right thing going to police themselves.x

Maybe the Pm results were inconclusive and the police are playing for time now to try and get a charge that will work in court , just my opinion
The not knowing must be torture for Luke's Family,they been through so much already, it's so sad..x

The police have to go to the Crown prosecution services and say this is what evidence we have and if they are not satisfied with the case they often send the police away saying they need more evidence, the police are just the middle man as it's the cps that actually take the case to court ,

Changes to the way "joint enterprise" crimes are being dealt with by the courts will also have a bearing on this one.
If they have 6 people all blaming each other, actually establishing who did what is no easy task.
Previously they would have charged all 6 with murder by joint enterprise..
However due to several cases being brought into the spotlight, this type of charge has dramatically declined.

So entirely possible that actually pinning things down is holding up any action here

Worth mentioning that certain sections of the community aŕe also pretty notoriously unhelpful when the police come calling

26 JUL 2019

Half a year on, Teesside Live asked Cleveland Police for an update on the investigation and a comment on any progress made so far.

The force confirmed that an investigation is still "ongoing", with a spokeswoman adding: "They [the people arrested] were all released under investigation".

The spokeswoman added that they were unable to say anymore at this time.

Luke Jobson inquiry continues six months on from tragic death

Two teens have been charged in connection with the death of Luke Jobson.

The 22-year-old went missing on a night out in Yarm in January.Popular Luke had failed to come home and despite a heartwarming search as locals banded together to help, fears were growing for his welfare.

Six teenagers had been arrested at the time, but almost 12 months on, the probe has taken a step forward.

A 17-year-old boy and a man, 19, have been charged with affray.

Luke Jobson: Two teenagers charged in probe into beloved 22-year-old's death

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong