Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
See below:

I listened to the presser. Sheriff stated that there COULD be more charges of multiple people. It appears she was fleeing a bad home situation. The father was arrested for raping her. She is the victim. He (father) could face more charges. Tip was given to the FBI.

Siblings are "safe" in answer to the question as to whether they are in DCF custody.

He is not involved in her being a runaway or missing. (Which I took to mean he didn't help her leave or take her away).
Also still working out who she will be with when she returns to TN.

SP's adoptive father has been charged with raping SP. She is safe and the Sheriff says it’s likely that she was fleeing a bad home situation. @wbir

Who can blame her? Thank God she is alive! I hope she is able to get some counseling and do what she needs to do to recover from this despicable abuse at the hands of her “father” - the one who was supposed to love and protect her the most! She has her whole life ahead of her and I pray that she finds the healing she deserves and takes comfort in knowing that he will pay for his disgusting crimes and won’t be able to harm her anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, please don't yell at me. I've been scrolling through all of the information but I missed this?
Do we know that it is SP that he raped?
TIA
Never mind--I see the post on this page.

@Jabarn said:
Looking back, since she was never considered endangered, it makes sense law enforcement was way ahead of RP before he gave the interview with the Knoxville news station yesterday.

Funny you should ask. Nobody wants to suspect parents of hurting their children, but after not being able to reconcile my feelings about how "cagey" LE has been for nearly 3 weeks, it was not lost on me that we were not hearing the common statements from LE/FBI/TBI i.e., everybody is a suspect; parents cooperating fully; parents have been eliminated; parents took polygraph, etc., and I finally accepted that cagey meant one or more parent was being investigated here. MOO
Sorry if this has already been said, but I'm way behind again (I caught up the other night, but was feeling too depressed to comment after viewing the PC because I was certain then what happened).

At the PC, the sheriff said they were looking into a couple of people as possible suspects. I realized he was talking about the parents and I think the PC was really set up for them, to let them know LE was on to them. The sheriff was soooo careful about what he said and how he said it.

He also made that comment about waiting for SP's cell phones to - how did he phrase it - charge up again? I wonder if RP picked up on that on really thought it was possible, so he went back to find the phones. He fell for it hook, line and sinker IMO!

Thanks @PommyMommy for keeping the media thread going, and for always being so nice to new folks who asked a question that had already been answered (sometimes many times). :) I truly didn’t expect this amazing outcome, but it is a reminder to never give up hope, even in a worst case scenario.

t4526.gif
Can you make 100 of those?!

Madisonville teen Savannah Leigh Pruitt, who went missing Jan. 13, found safe

MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - The 14-year-old Madisonville teen, SLP, has been found safe, according to authorities who had been working the missing case.

Law enforcement confirmed late Thursday she was found in Wisconsin and that multiple people were involved in the case. They could not confirm more details surrounding her being found.

More people will be charged, according to Monroe County Sheriff's Office authorities.

Thursday afternooon, the adoptive father of SP, Randall Lee Pruitt, was arrested by authorities in Monroe County and charged with rape. Sheriff's officials saying Thursday night that charge was separate from her disappearance.
Multiple people were involved in the case and they will be charged- <modsnipped>

I am really upset to hear that his arrest wasn't related to SLP- not because I wanted that poor girl to be raped, but that means........there is another victim or two. Ugh. Prayers to whoever he/she/they may be.

Multiple people were involved in the case and they will be charged- <modsnipped>

I am really upset to hear that his arrest wasn't related to SP- not because I wanted that poor girl to be raped, but that means........there is another victim or two. Ugh. Prayers to whoever he/she/they may be.
It has been clarified that it WAS related to SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member