UK UK - East Ham, baby left in park on coldest night of year, Jan'19

What a miracle she was found. After ten o'clock at night on one of the coldest nights we've had in the UK. She is looking fine in the BBC photos though thank goodness.
Bless the woman who found her.

Last edited:
Poor little mite! I'm so glad she is okay, seems she wasn't out there for too long.

Hopefully they can find the person who left Roman there on CCTV when they entered and exited the park.

I wonder why LE thinks the mother might need medical attention? How would they come to this conclusion?

From bbc article linked above:

"Detectives say they are growing "increasingly concerned" for the mother, who may be "in need of urgent medical attention". "

I've seen that appeal in articles about abandoned newborns before; they're concerned for the mother's health since she likely delivered the baby in a non-medical setting and she could be suffering from complications after delivering.

The baby has likely been left in the park because there is less chance of being caught on CCTV than at a hospital or police station, the mother must have been desperate not to be caught or tracked down. Though she is lucky not to be facing a murder or manslaughter charge, she will need help medically and/or mentally but my money's on her being terrified of her family finding out.

Charges might yet happen if they can ID her. they brought charges in a case where a baby was left overnight on a priest’s doorstep in Reading a few years ago, on the grounds that baby was put at risk, and I don’t think it was this cold as it was in May, and there were indications of care for baby and the clear intention she should be found whoch I don’t see in This case.

Polish father abandoned baby daughter with note on priest's doorstep | Daily Mail Online

Charges might yet happen if they can ID her. they brought charges in a case where a baby was left overnight on a priest’s doorstep in Reading a few years ago, on the grounds that baby was put at risk, and I don’t think it was this cold as it was in May, and there were indications of care for baby and the clear intention she should be found whoch I don’t see in This case.

Polish father abandoned baby daughter with note on priest's doorstep | Daily Mail Online

I would hope that they would take into consideration whether the baby was abandoned due to a fear/mental health crisis or if it was a more wilful criminal act happening.

I think it's a good idea for the female who gave birth to seek medical attention and make sure that there's no risk of infection to her or if she needs some stitches. And she can get mental health support if needed and there can be a group decision made, between her and social services as to whether reunification is a reasonable way forward or if she wants to sign for the baby to go straight into adoption processes. IMHO I would like to see baby asap in a loving home and getting love and care from a good mum/dad whether there's a bio connection or not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back