TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were only four stores with paging systems (not counting Buddies Grocery Store), that would have been Sears, Murphy's, Penney's, and Striplings. But, once the family that were there got in contact with mall security office - even if police weren't there yet, those pages would have been requested from mall security. Like "so & so please report to customer service for a message" or words to that effect. Once they found the car they didn't want to leave it to spread out on foot. There was just three parents. Tommy knew they were there and he refused to come help in any way "until he finished bowling." That timeline isn't as slippery as it looks - unless you don't like how it looks.

So...what time was the car locate?

How many hours passed between locating the car and deciding to finally contact the police?

What girl's parent made the report face to face with PD and which girls' families just did it by phone?

What was the time that each reported that each girl left for the mall?

Knowing all these answers (and I do) and the answers to all of Kettlecorn's questions (and I do) make the RA timeline slippery as ice.

<modsnip - discussing other members>

Last edited by a moderator:
So...what time was the car locate?

How many hours passed between locating the car and deciding to finally contact the police?

What girl's parent made the report face to face with PD and which girls' families just did it by phone?

What was the time that each reported that each girl left for the mall?

Knowing all these answers (and I do) and the answers to all of Kettlecorn's questions (and I do) make the RA timeline slippery as ice.

A bit of trivia to start the weekend: A cat by any other name is still a cat.
RA was a kid I understand his misconceptions. Once again, can’t sling mud at a fan. Guess you can but not wise!

There were only four stores with paging systems (not counting Buddies Grocery Store), that would have been Sears, Murphy's, Penney's, and Striplings. But, once the family that were there got in contact with mall security office - even if police weren't there yet, those pages would have been requested from mall security. Like "so & so please report to customer service for a message" or words to that effect. Once they found the car they didn't want to leave it to spread out on foot. There was just three parents. Tommy knew they were there and he refused to come help in any way "until he finished bowling." That timeline isn't as slippery as it looks - unless you don't like how it looks.

You quoted the *until he finished bowling*.
Who are you quoting?

RA was a kid I understand his misconceptions. Once again, can’t sling mud at a fan. Guess you can but not wise!

I have absolute proof of every question I posted. I rarely ask questions here that I don't already know the answers.

As far as being a child? Little boys grow up. And part of that is wanting truth. I distance myself from those that don't.

Can someone smarter than me explain why they have to have the entire car? Why can't they take underwater lights and look inside the car and see what is there? Salvage what they can piece by piece? I'm not understanding why they have to have the entire car. Either bones are there or they aren't? I really am interested in the answer......TIA

Can someone smarter than me explain why they have to have the entire car? Why can't they take underwater lights and look inside the car and see what is there? Salvage what they can piece by piece? I'm not understanding why they have to have the entire car. Either bones are there or they aren't? I really am interested in the answer......TIA
As I understood it, it's very murky and even with good lighting you won't see much.

I am pleased to see this thread open again. Ty Mods. Now let’s try to keep it that way by focusing on sleuthing instead of bickering! Welcome back all. Happy Sleuthing! MOO

I wish there was some way they could open the boot (trunk) of the car. If the girls are in that car, that is probably where their bodies are located.

I wish there was some way they could open the boot (trunk) of the car. If the girls are in that car, that is probably where their bodies are located.
They probably could. There is likely enough rust the trunk lid could easily be forced open. But again, the problem is no visibility down there.

Please forgive if incorrect. I did not go back and look at the posts surrounding the original dive. But, they pulled out a truck, correct? Then, they stated they pulled out some sort of large sedan that had all sorts of weights (or equivalent) around it. This one is the one supposedly upside down, resting on a ledge somewhat, buried in mud. So, if that is true, then the underside is what is facing the surface, so getting to the trunk or back seat area is what makes bringing the whole car to the surface mandatory.

Please forgive if incorrect. I did not go back and look at the posts surrounding the original dive. But, they pulled out a truck, correct? Then, they stated they pulled out some sort of large sedan that had all sorts of weights (or equivalent) around it. This one is the one supposedly upside down, resting on a ledge somewhat, buried in mud. So, if that is true, then the underside is what is facing the surface, so getting to the trunk or back seat area is what makes bringing the whole car to the surface mandatory.
They pulled out two cars, a 1960 Chevy Corvair and a 1976 Lincoln Continental.
There was a lot of discussion how the Lincoln ended up upside down and with no wheels. Cars often fall unevenly, due to the heavy motor (usually) up front. The Lincoln likely went in with wheels, but the corrosion between aluminum and steel (these often had aluminum wheels) likely made the car's wheels fall off.

so much has happened in the groups with new suspects more details this thread is likely doomed.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23