OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to the Reader interview that was an hour long on WCPO in April/May of 17? I cant find it. TIA
If you're talking about the one that takes place in the sheriff's office? That was with reporter Hillary Lake with WCPO, not Jody Barr.

IQ, I looked at this again and this is the one where G4 seems nervous picking his nails and shifting his eyes. (At the beginning.)

I was wondering what do you think about G4's attorney not just talking to the prosecution but actually LAUGHING with Angela Canepa, who is the lead prosecutor?

For some reason it would bother me if I were the defendant. I wonder if I'm the only one who feels like this?
Well CoolCats, bbm I'm glad you asked what I THINK. It makes me feel the defense attorney has no "angst" in working with AC. Always sits closest to AC (from the prosecution side.) Perhaps he has already decided she is "one sharp cookie" and has every detail backed up and ready to challenge, so no reason to be argumentative or acrimonious towards her. Heck, if I was GW4, I would be pleased he is comfortable speaking with the Special Prosecutor....How could it hurt him? I thought it was great he scanned the gallery, because those are the same relatives and friends of the victims the jurors will see. If it made a "Wow" impression on him, it may do the same for jurors. IMO. I can't help but wonder if his attorneys will cooperate in requests by the attorney's for co-defendants to speak with GW4? I feel there is a great possibility GW4 may have already been culled from the herd, so to speak.

Heck, if I was GW4, I would be pleased he is comfortable speaking with the Special Prosecutor....How could it hurt him? I thought it was great he scanned the gallery, because those are the same relatives and friends of the victims the jurors will see. If it made a "Wow" impression on him, it may do the same for jurors. IMO. I can't help but wonder if his attorneys will cooperate in requests by the attorney's for co-defendants to speak with GW4? I feel there is a great possibility GW4 may have already been culled from the herd, so to speak.
Not me. If my life was literally on the line, I would rather have an attorney like FW to fight them tooth & nail. Regardless of how much evidence they have their hands are gonna be full w/ that guy. I would rather my attorney be contentious, this is a fight for my life. It would feel better to me than them just going through the motions, I get sentenced to life/death, & they meet up that night for dinner. But, there is a huge difference in having a paid lawyer & a public pretender. Every defendant in this case is in over their head except FW. Reason being her attorney & lack of criminal record at her age. Her attorney is going to present her as a church going,God fearing pillar of the community that employs x amount of ppl. If she does get convicted,which I believe she will, I cant see her doing more than a couple years max or possibly probation. Her attorneys defense I believe that she didnt properly understand the context of the question that she lied about to the GJ, or some semantic of that. RN is gonna stroll into court w/ her public pretender & Canepa is gonna bury her. JMO

Oh, I meant as the "how" comes out during the trials. I do want to hear the "how" but I agree with Caylee, I don't feel I'm entitled to see the gory details. That seems too personal to me. If it comes out during the trials, it does. If there's a plea, and it doesn't, it doesn't.

Thanks though! There were a couple podcasts on the Bill Cunningham show. He had an interview w/DeWine early on that was pretty good.

Well this taxpayer disagrees. IMO the only ones who deserve to know the details of that night are the families of the victims. We as a society are naturally curious as to the whens, the whys, and the hows, but are not guaranteed anything.

Why should every gory detail of 8 murdered people be of interest to any outsiders? It baffles me. :rolleyes:
Ooops, CA misread your post...Yes, it is difficult to read gory details, and I may have to pass on many of those, myself. Apparently the W4's don't want the gory details to be released in photos. Not because W4'S are squeamish, but because they don't want the gravity of their crimes to show they were committed by brutal, mindless monsters. Besides the sheer number of victims, their young ages, and the viciousness of the crime....how can one not care? How can one not wonder what kind of warped minds make a plan to spare the dogs, but kill human beings? I've never heard that in a church sermon.

Ok, I stand corrected. It was not Jody Barr, it was a female. There are snippets included in this peice. I need to find the name of the article. You can only view the entire hour through their website.It was in Oct of 16. Knowing what we know now, I would love to hear his thoughts at that time.
Reader doesn't get along with Jody Bar very well. This is because J.B. investigates justice/LE mistakes and made a story on the evidence warehouse.

Reader doesn't get along with Jody Bar very well. This is because J.B. investigates justice/LE mistakes and made a story on the evidence warehouse.

I'm aware of their issues & totally disagree. Jody Barr was trying to expose/embarrass a man that poured his heart and soul into a case. Jody Barr is a wannabe investigative reporter that isnt 1/10th of the reporter that he thinks he is. Hes a punk. He wouldn't dare try to speak to Reader off camera the way he did during that interview. Sheriff Reader made a beautiful public post and tagged Barr in it after he dropped his hit peice. Barr never responded, which spoke volumes.....JMO

Last edited:
Not me. If my life was literally on the line, I would rather have an attorney like FW to fight them tooth & nail. Regardless of how much evidence they have their hands are gonna be full w/ that guy. I would rather my attorney be contentious, this is a fight for my life. It would feel better to me than them just going through the motions, I get sentenced to life/death, & they meet up that night for dinner. But, there is a huge difference in having a paid lawyer & a public pretender. Every defendant in this case is in over their head except FW. Reason being her attorney & lack of criminal record at her age. Her attorney is going to present her as a church going,God fearing pillar of the community that employs x amount of ppl. If she does get convicted,which I believe she will, I cant see her doing more than a couple years max or possibly probation. Her attorneys defense I believe that she didnt properly understand the context of the question that she lied about to the GJ, or some semantic of that. RN is gonna stroll into court w/ her public pretender & Canepa is gonna bury her. JMO

The trial hasn't started yet. He may be much different then...

I had to get an attorney for a family member a few years ago. The one I picked had previously worked as an assistant DA and was on good terms with EVERYONE in the system. I picked him because of that. Best decision I ever made. I remember going into the courtroom and several court employees there told me I had the best attorney in this area. And I did. A well connected attorney IMO is the best attorney to have. He got the case thrown out and saved us so much stress not to mention thousands of dollars.

I was picking his brain one day and he said many times a public defender is a top notch attorney. But it is the luck of the draw.

IMO there will not be a trial. I think they will all plea to avoid the DP. I think the state will do it to avoid the expense.

I did think that the older Wagners would fall on their sword to get the younger ones off with a lighter sentence. But maybe not?

I was picking his brain one day and he said many times a public defender is a top notch attorney. IMO there will not be a trial. I think they will all plea to avoid the DP. I think the state will do it to avoid the expense.

Our experiences differ greatly then. On the coast of MS it is well known if you have a PD you are in trouble. For instance, I knew some ppl about 10 years ago that were robbing Sports stores to pawn stuff to go buy dope. 3 of them got caught. 2 had a PD, 1 had a high paid lawyer. They all had extensive records, the 2 w/ the PD got 7 & 10 years. The guy with the paid attorney had the worst record and got probation. As far as plea deals, I can see Canepa possibly cutting the grandmas a deal. The other 4? No way, these crimes were entirely too heinous. Only way would there could be a deal would be for the 1st one that snitched, & I cant see any of them doing that. One person wont be able to take full responsibility for everything to save the others because its obvious that they committed & or facilitated these murders. Therfore, they are all equally just as guilty regardless of how minuscule their role was. They deserve the exact same mercy they showed the victims. Kill em all. JMO

Can we move on from that comment, please? Entertainment isnt only comedy, there are many forms. If you use the convos here for enjoyment, that would be a form of entertainment. Not trying to play word semantics, buyI feel like you and @Cool Cats took entertainment & said "oh no, not me!". I also listed empathy & curiosity. Noone thinks these crimes are a joke. I mean no disrespect in any of that, or my original comment. I wont even acknowledge this topic again. I just feel like yall misunderstood me. JMO
Our conversations are not always about the R murders. We also talk about life experiences ect. I think of this forum as a group of friends with similar interests that get together to talk about what's new in the case but talk about other things too. I think that is why so many people read this thread and we all keep coming back every day. There are interesting people here who just happen to be interested in the R murders. So yes it has entertainment value just as a group of friends that you meet for lunch every day has entertainment value. The facts that are posted here about the R murders are an added bonus.

To make a long statement short, we like each other.

JMO

Our experiences differ greatly then. On the coast of MS it is well known if you have a PD you are in trouble. For instance, I knew some ppl about 10 years ago that were robbing Sports stores to pawn stuff to go buy dope. 3 of them got caught. 2 had a PD, 1 had a high paid lawyer. They all had extensive records, the 2 w/ the PD got 7 & 10 years. The guy with the paid attorney had the worst record and got probation. As far as plea deals, I can see Canepa possibly cutting the grandmas a deal. The other 4? No way, these crimes were entirely too heinous. Only way would there could be a deal would be for the 1st one that snitched, & I cant see any of them doing that. One person wont be able to take full responsibility for everything to save the others because its obvious that they committed & or facilitated these murders. Therfore, they are all equally just as guilty regardless of how minuscule their role was. They deserve the exact same mercy they showed the victims. Kill em all. JMO

Well like I said; luck of the draw with a PD.

IMO they will plea to life in prison without parole. Of course this depends on the evidence. IF the evidence is overwhelming I feel sure their attorneys will be trying to get a deal. If it comes to that; the Rhoden family will also get a say. Years of going back to court for DP appeals is not something to look forward to. Especially times 4.

We will also have to see if the bill passes to help pay for all of this

Bill would help Pike Co. pay for massacre trials

Well like I said; luck of the draw with a PD.

IMO they will plea to life in prison without parole. Of course this depends on the evidence. IF the evidence is overwhelming I feel sure their attorneys will be trying to get a deal. If it comes to that; the Rhoden family will also get a say. Years of going back to court for DP appeals is not something to look forward to. Especially times 4.

We will also have to see if the bill passes to help pay for all of this

Bill would help Pike Co. pay for massacre trials

Sorry, I just cant see it. These crimes were too horrific. We can revisit this once one or the other happens. JMO

I'm aware of their issues & totally disagree. Jody Barr was trying to expose/embarrass a man that poured his heart and soul into a case. Jody Barr is a wannabe investigative reporter that isnt 1/10th of the reporter that he thinks he is. Hes a punk. He wouldn't dare try to speak to Reader off camera the way he did during that interview. Sheriff Reader made a beautiful public post and tagged Barr in it after he dropped his hit peice. Barr never responded, which spoke volumes.....JMO
I did not meant that Reader made a mistake. That's your interpretation.

I meant that Jody Barr makes reporting choices where he challenges the justice and/or law enforcement systems. In this very case, he challenged the safety and value of the evidence.

Just to add on what I just said:

I think that challenging the storage of the evidence was counter-productive to this case. I even wondered why interviewees participated to that report.

However we need to recognize that the justice system and LE are not perfect. Recent events in the county tend to prove it. Personally, I mandated a lawyer to chase our town hall over an administrative issue.

Administrations becomes better when their faults are exposed. We need Jody Barr types of reporting to improve public service.

I had to get an attorney for a family member a few years ago. The one I picked had previously worked as an assistant DA and was on good terms with EVERYONE in the system. I picked him because of that. Best decision I ever made. I remember going into the courtroom and several court employees there told me I had the best attorney in this area. And I did. A well connected attorney IMO is the best attorney to have. He got the case thrown out and saved us so much stress not to mention thousands of dollars.

I was picking his brain one day and he said many times a public defender is a top notch attorney. But it is the luck of the draw.

IMO there will not be a trial. I think they will all plea to avoid the DP. I think the state will do it to avoid the expense.

I did think that the older Wagners would fall on their sword to get the younger ones off with a lighter sentence. But maybe not?

I had an attorney I was waiting to see the first time. I overheard him talking to a client while I was waiting. He said, if you get some money to me I'll get things started. I'm not your friend, I do this for a living. As soon as you get my retainer paid, things will happen. I knew I had the right guy. He was going to be upfront, aggressive, and not sugarcoat anything. He won the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member