CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurse in missing-mom case of Kelsey Berreth to plead guilty

Krystal Lee, 32, is scheduled to appear in a Colorado courtroom this week to enter a plea deal with prosecutors, according to two of Lee's relatives who spoke anonymously because the deal hasn't been publicly announced. Family members said Lee has been cooperating with investigators, who have been looking into allegations Lee may have disposed of evidence.

It's not yet clear what charge or charges Lee is expected to plead guilty to, or whether she'd face jail time. Attempts to reach Lee's attorney have been unsuccessful.

A spokeswoman for District Attorney Dan May would not confirm or comment on any potential plea, but she did confirm that Lee has a court date set for Friday, Feb. 8, in Teller County.

"This case is under seal," said Lee Richards, a spokeswoman for Colorado's 4th Judicial District Attorney's office.

Patrick Frazee was arrested in December and charged with Berreth's murder and three counts of solicitation to commit murder. He has not entered a plea.

I normally never ever say this because I have been wrong on too many occasions. But this one time and one time only Im gonna say it.

I knew it. It was the only thing that made sense. Plea deal of some sort.

Yes, though I tend to think the business of ranching has more adult children living with their parents (on the farm) in order to carry on the family business. It benefits all financially. I’ve visited many ranches, and saw grown daughters and sons living at the family ranches, carrying on many of the duties that their parents had grown weary of doing. When a potential spouse came into the picture...that is where the fork in the road splits. Of course it wouldn’t be what most of us what choose to do but I can understand why some in that profession do. Perhaps PF was SF’s only hope of the family business continuing and she sold it to him as such..?
Does he own it? I don't remember that. I am very familiar with the situation you describe, and it can be normal. But we know PF is not normal. Something has made him this way. I can't tell if his mom controls him, including dictating who he will marry, or if he uses his mom as an excuse to every female he meets. I think SF holds the ranch over PF's head to control him and he resents it. MOO.

I think you're right.

I'm wondering when this news was found out, because it's just 8:15 a.m. ET. Courts/offices aren't open yet in CO yet.
They have probably been working on this for a while, confirming what she told authorities and what she could be facing. No doubt she'll probably testify against him as part of the plea deal. Waiting to hear what charges she was facing.
MOO

They have probably been working on this for a while, confirming what she told authorities and what she could be facing. No doubt she'll probably testify against him as part of the plea deal. Waiting to hear what charges she was facing.
MOO

Yes it will be interesting for sure.

I agree that LE most likely took their time and did their due diligence to validate everything she was saying before allowing this deal to go forward. Nobody wants another Karla Homolka case.

Karla Homolka - Wikipedia

I am already anticipating the trial of PF and the battle between lawyers when/if she gets on the stand.

animated-hand-image-0075.gif

animated-hand-image-0084.gif

I'm glad she's charged with something. I don't completely believe that she feared for her life. She lives hundreds of miles away in another state and went to CO to help him. But at the same time, PF is clearly capable of making someone disappear. She could have gone to the police instead of helping though.

Why didn’t she come forward Before Kelsey had to die is my question? Of course she’s going to plea a deal to save her own skin now after the fact. She deserves time in jail imo. I hope she gets some time to think about what she could have prevented in the first place. Moo

Well hell ya about time they say something. I wonder with the case being sealed how much they will release to the public Friday.
Even if docs remain sealed, this hearing will be open to the public, so if anything is discussed, it will be reported.
There is also a possibility that this can get postponed again.

I'll put a few bucks on a tampering with evidence charge (???)
The phone?
Well, if the original charge is Accessory to Murder than I would think that would be a pretty good deal. For her anyway.
Maybe a lawyer could tell us if there is another accessory charge that would be less time, like accessory to a felony or something, just not murder.
If it's just tampering with evidence it would seem that they are letting her off too easily. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288