Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha mtn. See my post we just made at the same time LOL!

Ha ha. I know that there are many people who don't like it, but there are also many ways that it can be made safer for kids. For one thing, you don't have to play online at all-you can play the games against the computer, for instance. Or you can change the privacy settings so that your kids only play against the ones they know in real life. Like I said, it has the potential to be dangerous but, IMO, not any more so than any other platform that allows children to interact with people they don't know. I don't let my kids communicate with strangers and I check their message history and play history every day.

Last edited:
Sorry, my reply, was added to quote of Poster.
Wouldn't this mother CP, who has no idea, have noticed soiled sheets, soiled SP's underwear?o_Oo_O
Is CP going to act, as if this is all a complete surprise to her?
Would love to hear her being interviewed, and answering these questions.
MOO

Ha ha. I know that there are many people who don't like it, but there are also many ways that it can be made safer for kids. For one thing, you don't have to play online at all-you can play the games against the computer, for instance. Or you can change the privacy settings so that your kids only play against the ones they know in real life. Like I said, it has the potential to be dangerous but, IMO, not any more so than any other platform that allows children to interact with people they don't know. I don't let my kids communicate with strangers and I check their message history and play history every day.

See, these are the exact types of things imo that people need to make sure they know if they don’t already, imo. These things are valuable. Maybe someone reading this right now will be like “good to know” and check their kids’ histories, change settings to “play against computer”, etc...

We have to continue to be extra proactive and watchful with these kids. It’s a rapidly advancing world and predators have more tools every day, moo. Yes the concept and application of “online predators” isn’t something new by any means but with the increasingly personalized interaction amongst strangers as current technology enables/encourages, so must everyone continue to be informed.

As for SP, her predator was right there in her own house. Her own “dad”. He was too busy raping her to care about her app safety settings.

Last edited:
I really hope this doesn't turn into a Roblox-bashing thread at some point. Yes, there are some dangers with it since it can act as an online forum, but it's not any more dangerous than some of the other sites out there-like Facebook. My kids have played on it for years. There are privacy settings that allow you to decide who they are able to communicate with. Our schools even allow the kids to play on there-they're only allowed to play against each other in the classroom. It CAN be dangerous, but so can Xbox Live, Instagram, KiK, Snapchat, Facebook, and any other internet platform when your settings are set to public and anyone on the internet is allowed to interact with you.

well said and completely agree. moms of girls (i have three teen aged boys so i'm not quite as educated) be sure to also check their finsta and visco (vsco).

i'm not a helicopter mom but...i might get my pilot's license. i really wonder who the heck is looking out for these kids.

I still believe the dad got rid of the sheet.
I doubt this dude told her to bring them. He destroyed her phone. He wasn't interested in having evidence to convict the dad.
He wanted to further the abuse because he knew she was young and impressionable!

Moo

gngr~snap,
/QUOTE]

Wouldn't this mother CP, who has no idea, have noticed soiled sheets, soiled SP's underwear?o_Oo_O
MOO.

We knew this child was molested. We now know this monster forced her to endure more in his sick twisted need for 'proof'! So, yes, someone needed to take care of laundry. Unless dad made SP take care of that. Ugh.

I can't even imagine the amount of tears SP has shed. That hopelessness was manipulated by the evil in that monster's soul. Oh SP, I hope you can find the good people from here on out :)

Sorry if this is a repeat but I didn't remember seeing the 2/7 hearing date.

Prosecutors: Madison man abducted Tenn. teen after meeting her online
Rogers made an initial appearance in federal court in Madison on Monday afternoon. A detention hearing was scheduled for Feb. 7.

If convicted, Rogers faces a mandatory minimum penalty of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years in federal prison, federal officials said.

I had to look up detention hearing...:oops:

Initial Appearance & Detention Hearings | Chattanooga Criminal Lawyer
One of the first steps in a federal criminal court case is attending your initial appearance and detention hearing.

Sorry if this is a repeat but I didn't remember seeing the 2/7 hearing date.

Prosecutors: Madison man abducted Tenn. teen after meeting her online
Rogers made an initial appearance in federal court in Madison on Monday afternoon. A detention hearing was scheduled for Feb. 7.

If convicted, Rogers faces a mandatory minimum penalty of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years in federal prison, federal officials said.

I had to look up detention hearing...:oops:

Initial Appearance & Detention Hearings | Chattanooga Criminal Lawyer
One of the first steps in a federal criminal court case is attending your initial appearance and detention hearing.
I wonder if this also may address if there is a bond for him?

I wonder if this also may address if there is a bond for him?
Well, IANAL but this says that it's much like a bail hearing in state court.

What is a detention hearing?
A pretrial detention hearing in federal court is much like a bail hearing in state court. It’s a hearing at which the court determines whether to detain the defendant without bail.

The prosecution must bring a motion to initiate a detention hearing. These hearings—typically held at the first court appearance—are reserved for certain kinds of cases, including:
  • crimes of violence
  • offenses carrying a maximum sentence of life in prison or death
  • terrorism or drug offenses that have a maximum prison term of at least 10 years
  • felony charges for defendants who have two or more convictions for the crimes mentioned above (or their state-court equivalents), and
  • felonies involving minor victims, dangerous weapons (including firearms), or failure to register as a sex offender. (18 U.S.C.A. § 3142.)
A detention hearing is also required if there is a serious risk that the accused will flee or interfere with the judicial process in any way, including by intimidating witnesses or jurors. (Id.)

Hi Everyone,

We are asking you to please refrain from posting your personal stories. While they are interesting, uplifting and at times very tragic, it only takes away from the discussion at hand. Please stick to the topic which is the SLP and her father's arrest.[/QU
Wow, wow, wow... took a couple days off. Get back on and read the bombshell. I don't know why I'm surprised, but really had it in my mind that she was safe in WI. Praying SP can find peace and healing.
Infuriating to learn these latest details! I know a few posters were suspicious of the Wisconsin 'rescuer' of SP until we learned more and now we have. I feel like eating crow as I thought there couldn't possibly be another molester creep in her path in Wisconsin where she sought what we thought was help!

Delete

Ok. I delete.
-

No delete. Nothing good to say right now. Is LE proclaiming BDR a hero? From saving SP from an abusive situation? Doesn’t sound like it right now. Moo.

We already know RP is a disgusting monster (understatement).

And now this.

This all comes back to missing101. Pulling the facts together.

Basic questions are now answered. In addition to the atrocity of RP.

Who abducted her?

Someone online.

A 31 year old male. In another state.

LE did not find this in their examination of 2000 pages of electronic records.

They met via a gaming platform AND communicated via “an encrypted messenger app”.

She was in an abusive situation (understatement her dad was taking her), she reached out for help, was “desperate to get out of there” (quote upstream/paraphrasing)—-

This man picked her up. Who had encouraged her to send him a rape video so her could get her out of there.

He gets her or if there and then what? She’s missing for....

But sometime during them she contacts the FBI in Missouri.

And where is the mom if BDR in all this?

Sigh. I’m going to bed.

Last edited:
The scarier part of these online games etc...is that they are not the obvious places to look to see what is going on, jmo, as there are so many and are not always thought of as “social media”. Meaning they might be missed by parents, or even LE initially, when trying to check what is happening online. I had no idea those games allowed people to chat privately etc...yikes...jmo

The scarier part of these online games etc...is that they are not the obvious places to look to see what is going on, jmo, as there are so many and are not always thought of as “social media”. Meaning they might be missed by parents, or even LE initially, when trying to check what is happening online. I had no idea those games allowed people to chat privately etc...yikes...jmo

Yes!!!!!!

This type of platform is extra dangerous. Thank you.

This was THE direct link between the victim and the perp in this case. Plain and simple. That’s always one of the first questions we all have. How did the abductor target the victim?

Noting for the books. Something like this was my suspicion all along which is exactly why I said 2000 documents so what, if you don’t have the phone itself can a warrant from the provider show everything? Not necessarily. Furthermore as sleuthers, just because there is absence of evidence, this doesn’t make it nonexistent. Just means it might not have been discovered. Age old theory which has just proven itself, moo.

If there’s any doubt about how this should have gone down ask yourself what you would do if you were in a gaming platform and a kid told you her dad was raping her. Or what about if your say husband was in a gaming platform...what would he do...

Last edited:
Sorry, my reply, was added to quote of Poster.
MOO

I don't check my kids' sheets and underwear, I just tell them to bring them down because I'm washing sheets. Surely most people don't check the underwear of their post-potty trained children before it's laundered? Ugh.

Hahahaha mtn. See my above post we just made at the same time LOL!

ETA:
Great to know! :)

I still think it requires a further examination considering it’s the direct link in this case between the victim and the perp. LE said “no online connection”. Now t turns out apparently this is exactly how they met.

I don't think anyone is going to bash it...oh wait a minute, not true, another poster mentioned it was banned in his/her house lol...I don’t know anything about it. I want to though. Why? Anything we can learn to help the next one. If it’s not Roblox it’s called something else tomorrow. I personally welcome the discussion, even the FBI in a 2000 page document didn’t find this. I’m interested in the technical aspects.

Kinda basher (raises hand) lol
I was just so appalled and I guess just stunned with shock? at this game that my child was so anxious about playing. I think I almost threw the phone as well (smacks head)

I do know there are safety features that have been implemented such as turning off the chat altogether but you still run the risk of entering a game in this “world” that can be beyond inappropriate for any child. (IMO) BUT I know my child. She is very naive. Another child her age could know what’s up easily and be out of there quick. All kids are different. I do not judge any parent that lets their kids play this game, they know their children best. There is a learning aspect to the game as well, which was its main purpose when introduced. Actually it looked like it could have been fun if it wasn’t for my delicate sensibilities being demolished in 5 minutes flat. It was just easier for me to ban it altogether and buy her a Nintendo with no internet access lol
With parental control and monitoring this can be safe for the most part. SP didn’t even have safety in her home so no safety from the dangers of the app.

If it wasn’t Roblox for SP it could have very easily been another platform she was preyed on. It’s the perpetrators that can make these apps/games unsafe. Not the game itself, so very much agree with that.

Just All my opinion and experience of course :)

Infuriating to learn these latest details! I know a few posters were suspicious of the Wisconsin 'rescuer' of SP until we learned more and now we have. I feel like eating crow as I thought there couldn't possibly be another molester creep in her path in Wisconsin where she sought what we thought was help!
I'm wondering if indeed that was a true coincidence or if the men knew each other from playing the online games or viewing *advertiser censored*.

JMO

Yes!!!!!!

This type of platform is extra dangerous. Thank you.

This was THE direct link between the victim and the perp in this case. Plain and simple. That’s always one of the first questions we all have. How did the abductor target the victim?

Noting for the books. Something like this was my suspicion all along which is exactly why I said 2000 documents so what, if you don’t have the phone itself can a warrant from the provider show everything? Not necessarily. Furthermore as sleuthers, just because there is absence of evidence, this doesn’t make it nonexistent. Just means it might not have been discovered. Age old theory which has just proven itself, moo.

If there’s any doubt about how this should have gone down ask yourself what you would do if you were in a gaming platform and a kid told you her dad was raping her. Or what about if your say husband was in a gaming platform...what would he do...

In a more perfect world, 100% of us would find a much better way to 'help'. Involving anyone that would be a 'mandatory notifier' (I know there's a technical term) would be my first thought. A trusted doctor, nurse, or any of the various LEAs.

I would hope that 'Sane' people would not direct a young girl in the way this predator did.

And the trust of all of those family members would not be tarnished by an evil father-figure.

Both of SP's parents knew exactly why she ran away. Without question. But they had no clue who she was with. What they didn't know was even tho she intended to run away, it was right into the lair of another predator.
She ran from the abuse and her own mother not believing her. This is their fault she was even in a position to be preyed upon. What a horrible situation all the way around for SP and maybe her siblings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288