Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am a long time lurker and just made an account to post. I have been talking to Savannah’s aunt through the missing Savannah page. How do I help her become a verified insider on here? Does anyone know how we can help the family get her Facebook page taken down so the comments stop? They are traumatizing the family and Facebook won’t do anything about it.
<mod deleted private communication>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am a long time lurker and just made an account to post. I have been talking to Savannah’s aunt through the missing Savannah page. How do I help her become a verified insider on here? Does anyone know how we can help the family get her Facebook page taken down so the comments stop? They are traumatizing the family and Facebook won’t do anything about it.

She would first have to make an account. After making an account, she would then contact @Tricia, I believe, is the next step. Someone correct me please if I am wrong.

And Welcome!

This explains the confusion over who called who.
yes, it explains it but one thing I just cannot get past, and even more now...is why SS would purposely CHOOSE to use Facetime. Its just not something we do with our parents at 3AM with a car full of drunken strangers...unless we are trying to clue them into something.

It's possible there were 4 involved but we have only heard of 3. I find it odd that the mother originally stated there was a man and woman in the backseat and then changed it. 1st instinct may have been correct but got hushed?
agree....I have been going back and forth with that...said she was in the backseat with a male but all other reports reported a female and SS in the front...

yes, it explains it but one thing I just cannot get past, and even more now...is why SS would purposely CHOOSE to use Facetime. Its just not something we do with our parents at 3AM with a car full of drunken strangers...unless we are trying to clue them into something.
I agree, especially where a call or text would have sufficed.

Could Savannah have realized that she might be in trouble with the other passengers, but made off to be having a good time, to not raise their suspicions? Then her Mom would hopefully have a decent video of who she was in the car with at that time. It would make sense if she was worried or scared, to try to act normal while sending her Mom some kind of clue, just in case she didn't make it home.

Sad for Savannah, still missing and likely not coming back and it's her birthday.

I saw her story posted again today on my local news here in Indianapolis and, based on the comments, it mostly seems like it was posted just for clickbait (not to help find her) so people can post their judgy comments about her and the station can get some clicks on their FB.

Sorry, Savannah. You don't deserve that. I hope you are found soon.

Hi Jespiez1, and welcome to Websleuths! :)

You can find all the details about the verification process here:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

It is possible to get a conviction without a body, but they have to be able to establish that the person is in fact dead. Just disappearing from somebody's house isn't enough for that.

Now if they find copious amounts of her blood somewhere, or something like that, it would be a whole different story.

As that screenshot has your name or someone else’#, you might want to delete that.

This has probably been stated, but it seems to me that the men she left with wouldn't have allowed FaceTime if they intended on harming her. Additionally, if they met at a bar, they'd know there were witnesses. Putting yourself in their shoes, if they wanted to harm her, wouldn't they have prevented all the extra witnesses and exposing their faces to SS's mother?

I'm strongly of the opinion that there was an accident covered up.

This has probably been stated, but it seems to me that the men she left with wouldn't have allowed FaceTime if they intended on harming her. Additionally, if they met at a bar, they'd know there were witnesses. Putting yourself in their shoes, if they wanted to harm her, wouldn't they have prevented all the extra witnesses and exposing their faces to SS's mother?

I disagree and think at least 1 of them would have come forward if this was an accident. Maybe Savannah liked one of the men and the others wanted to get involved and she rejected them and things went pear shaped from there?

Yep, I'm with you on this. I don't think these men had any intentions of harming her...I think they were just partying and she partied too hard. The question remains did she wander out on her own or was she disposed of. I think we will know soon.

I am a little hung upon that too. I know few situations where people use facetime but it may be the way SS calls her kids when working. Just seems odd.

About Facebook: I don’t know about US laws but in Germany we have a commissioner for data protection we could contact in case Facebook doesn’t comply.

Have you tried making a deactivation request, or privacy settings that don’t allow comments?

In the meantime, I‘d click on the Report button for each of the comments until Mark Zuckerberg‘s servers start burning!

I disagree and think at least 1 of them would have come forward if this was an accident. Maybe Savannah liked one of the men and the others wanted to get involved and she rejected them and things went pear shaped from there?

I can get onboard with your theory but I'd still consider that to be along the lines of my thinking, that no harm was intended from the bar exit.

I still lean toward the angle of drugs/alcohol/some other freak accident. At least as far as I've heard, this seems to be a single isolated incident. It doesn't feel like the night went as planned for anyone.

The mother places the call between 2:30 & 3:00.They may not have been away from the busy area yet. Also, Mom called SS 1st (already concerned) and SS's talked and hung upon her. If I were one of those guys I wouldn't want the mom panicking and calling police so they may have thought it better SS calls back and tell her she will be home in the AM. Buys them a lot of time. JMHO

The mother places the call between 2:30 & 3:00.They may not have been away from the busy area yet. Also, Mom called SS 1st (already concerned) and SS's talked and hung upon her. If I were one of those guys I wouldn't want the mom panicking and calling police so they may have thought it better SS calls back and tell her she will be home in the AM. Buys them a lot of time. JMHO

Sure, but as others pointed out, why FaceTime? If there was some kind of trouble, risking seeing their own faces seems like such a sloppy move.

I'm not completely dismissive of foul play. I just think that even the dumbest of criminals would go through some effort to hide their identities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member