MS MS - Joseph 'Skylar' Burnley, 27, Rankin County, 4 June 2016

This is local to me. I think(JMO) they know the "who", but not the "where" and the "how". It is a very sad case. We have hundreds of acres of forest land here. If he is in the woods, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

This popped up on our page for Danielle Nipper. His stepsister stated his case has never been solved. Any other updates that may have not been posted? What happened to the couple that was arrested?

I wish I knew! I saw someone had shared his missing poster on Facebook right after New Year's. We never heard another word after all of the initial publicity. I firmly believe that couple knows exactly where he is. JMO It's so sad. :(

WLBT NEWS will be doing a piece on Skylar this week on the 10pm report. Glad they are keeping his face on tv!

Adding to my previous post that WLBT 10PM NEWS will be doing a special report looking back at Skylar's case. WLBT 3 On Your Side Investigates: Searching for Sky, this Wednesday night on the 10pm report. It sounds like they might have some new evidence. Hopeful!

Article from Feb. 2019

3 On Your Side Investigates: Searching for Sky Burnley

The disappearance of Skyler “Sky” Burnley of Rankin County is baffling. His family has been desperate to find him, and investigators have been trying to figure out what happened to him. Two and a half years after his disappearance, there could be new leads in the case.
[...]
The potential gang and drug connection has led investigators to what they say could be a break in the case, though they are not offering many details.

“I feel like we’re getting real close, very close," says Gerrad Bacon, who is the county’s lead investigator on the case, working with another investigator with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation. “We did go to another county that gave us indications of something that, in my opinion, since I’ve been working some leads since October 2017, it sounds more concrete and believable."

Whatever that lead may be, Sky Burnley’s family is hopeful for some closure.

The Missing Podcast just released an episode about Sky's disappearance.

Very baffling case.

I just listened to the podcast. I think they hit on the basics. There were some things not focused on with the "friends" and not really understanding some of the local logistics, but all in all they covered the bases. I think the truth is in details that they covered. If you are familiar with the Tim Boshart case, it is very similar and most likely, in my opinion, likely to have the same nefarious group involved. They are both tragic cases from start to finish. As always, JMO and all that.

You'll find some podcast links in Tim's thread where it is delved into. In particular, one where they have his mother on is particularly revealing in my opinion.

MS - MS - Tim Boshart, 34, Purvis, 3 Sept 2017

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back