Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they are acting on intel' - maybe the guy they have arrested has told them something or the police have traced his movements in the last few days. Either way this is not looking good and from what I've seen on google maps it looks like there is quite a lot of vegetation, trees and such like close to the pond.
I’ve just realised I’ve been here and walked around this pond - I remember thinking how wild it was even though it’s in the middle of the city - it was summer but all the edges of the park etc were very overgrown. It isn’t a well- manicured Park, it’s quite rough and ready and with lots of direct access to the water.

Humberside Police‏Verified account @Humberbeat
Detective Superintendent Matt Hutchinson is appealing to members of the media and public asking them to refrain from speculation about the name of the suspect arrested in relation to the search for Libby Squire. Find out more: http://ow.ly/TcN730nC9sU

Dyzlu7KXgAQuCg2.jpg

Humberside Police on Twitter

Appeal to refrain from speculation following arrest in connection with Libby Squire
Hull
7 Feb 2019
Detective Superintendent Matt Hutchinson is appealing to members of the media and public asking them to refrain from speculation about the name of the suspect arrested in relation to the search for Libby Squire.

He said: "This is a live investigation with multiple active lines of enquiry and any speculation as to the names of suspects or details of the case could seriously harm the investigation and our ability to find Libby.

"We thank the public and the media for their ongoing support and concern and ask for their continuing co-operation."

Appeal to refrain from speculation following arrest in connection with Libby Squire | Humberside Police

bbm

It's interesting to note that the suspects address on Raglan St is only 150m away from The Piper nightspot which has been in the local news since Libby's disappearance. An unlicensed taxi touting for business which turned out to be a VW car was seen around the Piper. Driver was spoken to by the police.

I’ve just realised I’ve been here and walked around this pond - I remember thinking how wild it was even though it’s in the middle of the city - it was summer but all the edges of the park etc were very overgrown. It isn’t a well- manicured Park, it’s quite rough and ready and with lots of direct access to the water.

Is it the sort of place students might hang out? Wondering if Libby is likely to have known about it.

Anybody have any fresh theories after these developments? I don’t know what to think.

I still think perhaps someone has tipped off the police about a car being seen or heard down there at a strange time. I also still there could be a connection to the scream and banged gate. There is a wooden gate at the back of Libby's house (IF she lives at 32) which leads to a back alley which leads to back Beresford Av which leads to the pond one way and the bench the other.

David Harrison‏ @DaveHarrisonBBC
The path that runs along the bank of the River Hull, just next to the Oak Road Playing Fields, has also been closed off as officers search for missing Libby Squire. Officers are focusing on the area around the pond. The police helicopter is also overhead & circling the park.

David Harrison on Twitter

(video at link)

None of this makes any sense.

Only scenario I can think of - it was a cold night and roads were very slippery. Possibly she stumbled into the road and he hit her ? He’s then panicked and drove down to the oak park area ?

He looks like a normal guy with everything going for him!

I think a hit and run may or would have drawn more attention to himself

None of this makes any sense.

Only scenario I can think of - it was a cold night and roads were very slippery. Possibly she stumbled into the road and he hit her ? He’s then panicked and drove down to the oak park area ?

He looks like a normal guy with everything going for him!

This was one of the scenarios we discussed in the early days of Corrie McKeaugue case, obviously we still don't know if that's what happened

Is it the sort of place students might hang out? Wondering if Libby is likely to have known about it.

Personally I’d say no. I lived near there as a student and never knew the playing fields were there until years after when I visited a family who lived nearby. I was gobsmacked that this had been there all along! But it just wasn’t the kind of place we’d have gone back then. Libby lived nearer but even so I’m not sure she would have gone there except maybe in summer. It wasn’t on our radar at all.

13:19
Police helicopter has landed on Bude Park field
Sophie Forrester said: “It’s just disappeared behind the houses. Me and my sister looked out I said to her it’s what I saw yesterday then it had posted that it had landed. It was circling but as it was circling just now it got lower and slowly went sideways and disappeared behind the houses.”

13:20
Ground searches at Oak Road playing fields is about to take place

13:25
Police are searching gardens in Claremont Avenue

13:28
Helicopter hovering over allotments
Our reporter has said the helicopter is hovering over the Cloud Road and Oak Road allotments.

[I think they mean Clough Road]

13:35
Neighbours shock at police searching their gardens
An 85-year-old man who has lived down Claremont Avenue for 40 years said he has never seen this many police down his street.

He says for the past few days they have been heading up towards the playing fields but this is the first time they have been down Claremont and searched gardens.

He said: “In 40 years we’ve never seen anything like this. We see quite a bit near the playing fields on Oak Road and they are up and down there like yo-yos. “There has been a helicopter here the past few days but this is the first time it has hovered straight over us.”

Police are also searching a tenfoot at the back of Claremont Avenue.

Missing Libby updates as man, 24, arrested on suspicion of abduction

UPDATE- Humberside Police ask media and public ‘to refrain from speculation about the name of the suspect arrested in relation to the search for Libby Squire’

Julian Druker on Twitter

Too late, that ship has sailed....

I am reminded of a man named Richard Jewell in the US who was a good samaritan at the time of the Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta. His life was totally ruined by the media because of being questioned regarding his involvement. It forever changed the way LE and the media report on POI and Suspects in the US. It's different in UK re Media accountability. However he has not been named a suspect by Police just media AFAIK. Seems LE is in agreement with WS rules?

Despite never being charged, he underwent a "trial by media" with great toll on his personal and professional life. Jewell was eventually completely exonerated, and Eric Rudolph was later found to have been the bomber.[4][5] In 2006, Governor Sonny Perdue publicly thanked Jewell on behalf of the State of Georgia for saving the lives of those at the Olympics.[6] Jewell died on August 29, 2007 of heart failure from complications of diabetes at age 44.

Richard Jewell - Wikipedia

Contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads