Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither do I but it is his way of explaining her DNA on his clothes.

^^THIS

And next he'll claim he dropped her off somewhere, alive and unharmed. They always say that.

^^THIS

Dna and digital tracks are trying to be explained. I reckon the man has been in panic mode since he did something very wrong.

^^THIS

The sisters story to me, sounds like a sister desperately trying to come up with a story that means she can still love her brother ...

^^ AND ESPECIALLY THIS

Because she was drunk, not thinking straight and wanted the attention and maybe flattery from a friendly man, to make the night feel less rubbish?

I certainly made some stupid, over-trusting decisions as a drunk youth. She’d been upset and cold on the bench for a while by then.

I hear you, but I don't buy it.

She might of course have felt pressured, co-erced, or frightened to say no.

Some predators have a way of making people feel that their 'offer of help' is something you can't say no to.

Can I please just ask whether HullLive/Hull Daily Mail counts as MSM or not?

I live about 2 hours North of Hull but Malton is also somewhere people from where I live commute to. Off someone works there it's known as ' the Malton Bacon Factory' and IIRC when my brothers worked there it was early starts.

The article with his sister's account made me think her claims of LS coming on to him are the start of this unfolding, I too thought "Yeah righy" BUT I do know women (as a woman myself) who threw themselves at men giving them a lift, I had a friend for a few years in my late teens who was ruthless even if the men were married, had kids etc.

I do think it's a lie though on the whole.

Another witness in that article says he works Monday to Friday so could well have been returning home from a late shift. The job website Indeed has vacancies listed for the factory and lists differing shift patterns.

One role states "Shift pattern: Rotating weekly from 2-10pm or 10pm-6am Mon-Fri"

So....,he "wanted" to take her home.....and needed to sat nav her address, despite living close to her??
That makes zero sense

If i gave a lift to someone living in the same town or village as myself - i would never dream of putting that address into my sat nav.

Does not sound very plausible ....and....
If i had done any of the above in all innocence...
I would hardly feel the need to go out of my way to explain myself to my sister!

Something does not smell right here i am afraid :(

Good point. If someone needed a ride and I broke my rule of never picking up strangers I would just let them tell me where to go to drop them off. No way would I put their address in my satellite navigation system. Heck as close as they were to her house he could have dropped her off by the time he entered her address into the device.

Gosh I leave my phone at home for one day and y'all create super amounts of reading.

Will be interesting to see if they extend his detention.. Seems like something has turned their attention to him.. As already been said looks can be decieivng.. Obviously police are trying to reach out to his community which are generally tight knit hence the translated flyers... I too thought that the recent addition to the family may play a part psychologically in this case (I. E he went after attention he didn't feel he was getting at home) ... The wife distancing herself from him is very telling, most women would stand by their man at least initially... Still can't figure out why LS would get in a car... Too where?

I wonder what his wife has told the police about the early hours of Friday morning. What time did he get home? What did he do when he got home, go straight to the bathroom? What state were his clothes in?

What worries me is that this guy is a butcher; if he has indeed killed Libby i hope he hasn't used his knowledge of knives to dispose of her body.

No that is incorrect. Her phone was found inside her house by police.

Thanks Jessie, I admit it is ambiguous: Not sure that is clear cut. Quote below (my bold) Belfast Telegraph:
By Amy Murphy February 5 2019

"Last night Chief Superintendent Phill Ward, speaking on Beverley Road, said that police had discovered Miss Squire's mobile phone at her home. He said: "We now know Libby arrived on Wellesley Avenue, her home address, around 11.29, although it's not believed she entered the property.

"On searching the address, we did discover her mobile phone which, despite analysis, has not provided any further insight as to where she may be or her movements that night."

While it may be inferred they do not say the phone was found inside. Do you think it normal for a young girl to leave her phone at home when going out?

Good point. If someone needed a ride and I broke my rule of never picking up strangers I would just let them tell me where to go to drop them off. No way would I put their address in my satellite navigation system. Heck as close as they were to her house he could have dropped her off by the time he entered her address into the device.

Yeah, I'm still trying to get my head round why she would have gotten in the car willingly. Her house was so close, it seems like she had no keys...what on earth did he say to her? Maybe the scream was indeed her being forced in the car.

I wonder if the police didn't take the statement of the woman who heard the screaming because they had a witness who saw a bit more.

I live about 2 hours North of Hull but Malton is also somewhere people from where I live commute to. Off someone works there it's known as ' the Malton Bacon Factory' and IIRC when my brothers worked there it was early starts.

The article with his sister's account made me think her claims of LS coming on to him are the start of this unfolding, I too thought "Yeah righy" BUT I do know women (as a woman myself) who threw themselves at men giving them a lift, I had a friend for a few years in my late teens who was ruthless even if the men were married, had kids etc.

I do think it's a lie though on the whole.

Another witness in that article says he works Monday to Friday so could well have been returning home from a late shift. The job website Indeed has vacancies listed for the factory and lists differing shift patterns.

One role states "Shift pattern: Rotating weekly from 2-10pm or 10pm-6am Mon-Fri"
I had not considered the guy could be RETURNING from a shift. Maybe that's why LE is not searching on the way to Malton. This would likely mean that poor Libby is in the area...possibly indeed around that lake or in those abandoned buildings.

Going on a theory of no keys....Could Libby have have accepted his offer for a ride to a friend’s house/halls/back to the Welly...and then he brings her to the playing fields hoping to score with a very vulnerable girl. Things go awry. He searches her posessions and finds an ID with an address, searches it to know how to begin to cover up his actions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong