Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Creepcrusher,

I am hoping with all of my heart that BDR did not sexually assault or harm her in any way.

That's why when it was reported by the F.B.I. that S.P. was talkative and in "good spirits" - it gave me hope that she wasn't assaulted by BDR.

Maybe it is #1. I just don't have enough information - especially what motivated him - was it fear based? Did they think R.P. would show up and kill them? I have no idea.

I am so thankful that she is alive. The authorities will determine what happened with B.D.R. I have faith in them.

Yes. We can all hope. The lack of information makes it hard for me to completely nail BDR to the wall yet. There’s still that small chance he had good intentions but went about it the wrong way.
Please God let that be what really happened.

I’m hopeful there are more arrests. So many adults failed SLP.

The only encouraging thing I’ve read today is that her siblings are all in protective custody with her.
I wonder if she can choose whether or not to go back to her mother? What if she doesn’t want to? Shouldn’t that be her right?

I’m hopeful there are more arrests. So many adults failed SLP.

The only encouraging thing I’ve read today is that her siblings are all in protective custody with her.
Welcome to Websleuths, curiouscat101. :) I am also thankful that SP and her siblings are together, away from that home. Thanks for joining us!
MOO

I wonder if she can choose whether or not to go back to her mother? What if she doesn’t want to? Shouldn’t that be her right?

A judge will decide at some point when or even if the mother can have supervised visits with S.P. Right now S.P.'s mental and physical health is of the utmost importance, plus the investigation is still ongoing.

Because S.P. is a minor, while in protective custody, she and her siblings will have many sessions with child psychologists. It could be a long period of time before their reports are finalized with their findings and recommendations.

It is so deeply saddening to think about - but the younger siblings may have "picked up" on fear or something in the atmosphere of that house.

Little children can hear things, see things and pick up on things that some adults don't realize. I can only hope and pray that they weren't traumatized or sexually abused. I feel so awful for what S.P. went through in that house. It's just horrid.

S.P. was not only her own hero but, in my opinion, she saved her siblings.

Last edited:
A judge will decide at some point when or even if the mother can have supervised visits with S.P. Right now S.P.'s mental and physical health is of the utmost importance, plus the investigation is still ongoing.

Because S.P. is a minor, while in protective custody, she and her siblings will have many sessions with child psychologists. It could be a long period of time before their reports are finalized with their findings and recommendations.

It is so deeply saddening to think about - but the younger siblings must have "picked up" on fear in the atmosphere of that house.

Little children can hear things, see things and pick up on things that some adults don't realize. I can only hope and pray that they weren't traumatized.

S.P. was not only her own hero but, in my opinion, she saved her siblings.

She must’ve been so relieved when seeing they arrested RP. The fact that she called the FBI after that just shows how much she was scared of him. To think she possibly had to endure being molested for 12 years by the only father she knew is heartbreaking. Those poor children. I’ll be shocked if she’s the only SA victim in the family. :(

I’m hoping by interviewing SLP, going through BR’s computer and sifting through ALL of the messages between BR and SLP LE will learn exactly what BR’s intentions were.

1. Was he just stupid by thinking he could harbor her safely. A platonic relationship. If they get caught, the police would understand once they saw the rape evidence? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer but good intentions? No evidence of child *advertiser censored* other than the SLP rape by monster adoptive father?

2. Was he a manipulative pervert who hoped he could groom SLP into letting him be her adult boyfriend?

3. Was he a sadistic violent rapist that held her captive in his basement?

My guess is #2. Really interested to see if there will be more or less charges for him.

ETA: I am hopeful that BDR did not rape her in the time she was there since they haven’t charged him with rape (yet). Crossing fingers.

He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years on the single charge of sexual exploitation of a minor for the purpose of producing a visual depiction, according to the Justice Department.

I actually find #1 to be the most believable based on the information out there. It is incredibly bizarre scenario, but keeping SLP in Mom's basement- not what you typically see. She was healthy and in good spirits after being rescued. No charges of rape as of yet related to her time there.

Please let this end well for SLP, and with appropriate justice metered out for all involved in her tragic life of abuse.

Last edited:
Dear Creepcrusher,

I am hoping with all of my heart that BDR did not sexually assault or harm her in any way.

That's why when it was reported by the F.B.I. that S.P. was talkative and in "good spirits" - it gave me hope that she wasn't assaulted by BDR.

Maybe it is #1 but I just can't guess or speculate. I just don't have enough information - especially what motivated him - was it fear based? Did they think R.P. would show up and kill them? I have no idea.

I am so thankful that she is alive. The authorities will determine what happened with B.D.R. I have faith in them.
I don't believe BDR sexually assaulted her at all. I think she was afraid of him calling the police while she was in RP's house. I think BDR meant well but he was just stupid.

She must’ve been so relieved when seeing they arrested RP. The fact that she called the FBI after that just shows how much she was scared of him. To think she possibly had to endure being molested for 12 years by the only father she knew is heartbreaking. Those poor children. I’ll be shocked if she’s the only SA victim in the family. :(
I'm VERY worried about the 12 year old.

He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years on the single charge of sexual exploitation of a minor for the purpose of producing a visual depiction, according to the Justice Department.

I actually find #1 to be the most believable based on the information out there. It is incredibly bizarre scenario, but keeping SLP in Mom's basement- not what you typically see. She was healthy and in good spirits after being rescued. No charges of rape as of yet related to her time there.

Please let this end well for SLP, and with appropriate justice metered out for all involved in her tragic life of abuse.

Dear The Night Watchman,

What you've said here is along my thoughts as well:
"It is incredibly bizarre scenario, but keeping SLP in Mom's basement- not what you typically see. She was healthy and in good spirits after being rescued. No charges of rape as of yet related to her time there. "

Just reading your words underlines the fact that we don't know what occurred with B.D.R. and - especially his motivation.

My thought has been that his motivation was "fear-based". Perhaps (I don't know) R.P. threatened S.P. that he would kill her and anyone she told.

The only reason I can think of as to why B.D.R. kept her in his Mom's house for so long was that the two of them thought that R.P. would come and kill them both. Of course I could be wrong but what if?

It's the what if's that keep playing in my mind.

That's why I believe there are "gray areas" in the law in this case. It's also why I believe such a high-profile lawyer is representing B.D.R.

Last edited:

If #1 turns out to be true then I hope they go easy on him. Sorry if I’m stepping on any toes. :/

We are all devastated by the impact on the life and future of the SP and her sisters by these two men. The hidden damage to the brother is something that is so unknown. What is he learning about at this early age now about how to treat women, how to feel empathy for his sisters, how to view what his father has done. He must have a lot of emotional reactions to his father, mother etc. are these reactions anger, resentment, hatred, sorrow? Who is helping him through all of this so he doesn't learn from his father and perpetuate the cycle?

Dear The Night Watchman,

What you've said here is along my thoughts as well:
"It is incredibly bizarre scenario, but keeping SLP in Mom's basement- not what you typically see. She was healthy and in good spirits after being rescued. No charges of rape as of yet related to her time there. "

Just reading your statement underlines the fact that we don't know what occurred with B.D.R. and - especially his motivation.

My thought has been that his motivation was "fear-based". Perhaps (I don't know) R.P. threatened S.P. that he would kill her and anyone she told.

The only reason I can think of as to why B.D.R. kept her in his Mom's house for so long was that the two of them thought that R.P. would come and kill them both. Of course I could be wrong but what if?

It's the what if's that keep playing in my mind.

That's why I believe there are "gray areas" in the law in this case. It's also why I believe such a high-profile lawyer is representing B.D.R.

Maybe RP has connections in local LE and SLP didn’t believe they would help or believe her.

If #1 turns out to be true then I hope they go easy on him. Sorry if I’m stepping on any toes. :/

A discussion about all of this won't step on toes.

Firstly, the authorities had to charge him with that offense because of the videotape on his computer/phone.

Unless it is murder, there are mitigating factors in felony cases.

What if B.D.R.'s motivation was to "save" S.P. and he believed that in order to "save" her there needed to be proof.

I can't think of a more horrible way to get "proof" other than being murdered. It was atrocious but without this "proof", the stepfather wouldn't see any jail time. In my opinion.

There is no dispute that B.D.R. drove there, took S.P. (a minor) across a state line. There is evidence that B.D.R. requested the rape be taped for "proof", and that S.P. sent it to B.D.R. There's no disputing that either.

The argument will be whether there were "mitigating factors". What was his motivation behind all of this? Any criminal history in his background?

His D.N.A. will have already be inputted into CODIS so any matches to crimes/rapes will be discovered if evidence exists in CODIS that matches his D.N.A.

We don't know what B.D.R.'s mother will testify to any of this. I don't know if she was as frightened as S.P. and B.D.R. This will all come out in the Grand Jury.

Sometimes there's an indictment and sometimes there isn't. It's up to the Grand Jury.

Then, if and when it goes to trial, there's still no guarantee that the jury there will convict. And if they do, it could be to a lesser charge. Anything can happen in court and usually does.

I really believe that the top-notch lawyer B.D.R. has representing him is motivated by the "gray areas of the law"/mitigating factors.

I think this case could set a precedent.

Last edited:
I don't believe BDR sexually assaulted her at all. I think she was afraid of him calling the police while she was in RP's house. I think BDR meant well but he was just stupid.

Dear Kay74,

This is what I am wondering as well.

Although I wondered also if S.P. was "hiding" in the closet because she thought R.P. was at the door. She must have been so terrified and she is a 14 year-old child.

Yes. We can all hope. The lack of information makes it hard for me to completely nail BDR to the wall yet. There’s still that small chance he had good intentions but went about it the wrong way.
Please God let that be what really happened.
Honestly tho....he's a 31 year old man.
I think he's a predator. Why else was he even playing that game on that site to begin with? This is one of the things predators do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998