Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the video everyone is referring to. I just note that the police are not quoted as saying the phone was found inside. Certainly not in the article I refer to. Find an article where the police say the phone was found inside and I will gladly concur.

I’ve only seen police reports that they located her phone at her home..no indication of where inside ( or even outside ) it was found

Thanks Jessie, I admit it is ambiguous: Not sure that is clear cut. Quote below (my bold) Belfast Telegraph:
By Amy Murphy February 5 2019

"Last night Chief Superintendent Phill Ward, speaking on Beverley Road, said that police had discovered Miss Squire's mobile phone at her home. He said: "We now know Libby arrived on Wellesley Avenue, her home address, around 11.29, although it's not believed she entered the property.

"On searching the address, we did discover her mobile phone which, despite analysis, has not provided any further insight as to where she may be or her movements that night."

While it may be inferred they do not say the phone was found inside. Do you think it normal for a young girl to leave her phone at home when going out?

Hope I didn't sound abrupt in my response - such a fast moving thread otherwise I would have quoted a link. I think one of the police statements issued said Libby's phone was found inside her house and repeated in MSM.
We discussed the fact she left her phone at home earlier on the thread somewhere, as it seemed something young girls hate being without. :)

Why did she get in the car ?

If she was locked out her house he could have offered for her to wait in his car in the warmth ? Driven to near her house and waited outside her house. He makes a move and she jumps out car and screams (12.30)
He grabs her and slams door? Just a theory but there is clearly now some link to her in his car

The article with his sister's account made me think her claims of LS coming on to him are the start of this unfolding, I too thought "Yeah righy" BUT I do know women (as a woman myself) who threw themselves at men giving them a lift, I had a friend for a few years in my late teens who was ruthless even if the men were married, had kids etc.

Same, it’s not that uncommon, especially when very drunk and sad. I doubt we’ll ever know exactly how it started but I think it’s unlikely she was forced into the car.

I got lifts from strangers in my youth - risky, but ended up fine. I can especially see myself accepting help from someone who seems quite small and is my age, when I was sad, cold and tired. Sadly I think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and put her trust in the wrong person.

Just thinking about this guy here.....

He's having a rotten run of luck!

He stops as a "good samaritan" then suffers the indignity of an attractive young and ever so slightly vulnerable young lady "throwing" herself at him

Then he is unfortunate enough to appear to be the final person to have contact with the young lady prior to her vanishing

Then he suffers having his collar felt by the plod
Then has to account for himself to his sister

Im almost beginning to feel sorry for him!

He's having a lousy run of unfortunate coincidences....properly ruined his weekend!

I know, poor lamb, hope he's being a brave soldier with those nasty police officers.

(I'll regret that if he's cleared tomorrow but his sister has really not helped endear him to me...)

Going on a theory of no keys....Could Libby have have accepted his offer for a ride to a friends house/halls/back to the Welly...and then he brings her to the playing fields hoping to score with a very vulnerable girl. Things go awry. He searches her posessions and finds an ID with an address, searches it to know how to begin to cover up his actions...

This was my thoughts too. Two scenarios Ive been thinking about.

Scenario 1
Driving home from work he sees LS sat on the bench or at the side of the road upset - being a very cold night he stopped offering to help. Libby got in the car and directed him to her address. Libby didn't want to take him right to her door as he's a stranger so parks at the location screams were heard - I've even done this as a guy in the past. When they got there they sat talking in the car and one of them made a move with LS getting upset and trying to get out of the car. Being married hes panicked and walked round pushing her back into the car (she screams) and he's accidently killed her trying to subdue her. I then think he's driven to the closest place he feels suitable to dispose of what he's done being the park.

I have a few theories what could of happened here.

1. He's taken her into the bush and disposed of any evidence
2. Put her in the lake
3. Put her in the river
4. Tried to get her out the car and she was awake/alive and ran off into the woodland (she then has an accident)

Hes then panicked again and thinks of ways to cover his story. He will think that there is CCTV everywhere so he gets her ID and programs it into his Satnav to create cover that he dropped her off. He then tells his sister days after a story as he feels guilty and trying to get help - then hes gone to the police thinking his story / plan will work.

I think the police are looking in that area as he's told them thats where he went. Since his arrest that area was restricted access and searches picked up, says to me he's told them something in custody.

Scenario 2
His sister is telling the truth, he did take her home - being in a confused and drunken state she might not recognise or confused where she is or where she needs to go. He asks for her ID and puts in her address taking her to the correct place. Then something else has happened - Im not sure what at this point.

Are we sure he still works at Malton? As it said in the daily mail the family had moved from York to Hull so that Malton employment may be from when they lived in York, Malton to Hull seems a long way for a factory job so may be out of date now? Just a thought

Karro Foods is more likely (east Hull)

Hope I didn't sound abrupt in my response - such a fast moving thread otherwise I would have quoted a link. I think one of the police statements issued said Libby's phone was found inside her house and repeated in MSM.
We discussed the fact she left her phone at home earlier on the thread somewhere, as it seemed something young girls hate being without. :)
Thanks Jessie, any chance of a link to the police quote or the MSM article? I could very well be wrong about this but it would be nice to know if the phone was found inside or outside Libby's home.

"A young woman’s “dark and eerie” screams were heard coming from a park shortly after missing university student Libby Squire was last seen.

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull."

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

This was my thoughts too. Two scenarios Ive been thinking about.

Scenario 1
Driving home from work he sees LS sat on the bench or at the side of the road upset - being a very cold night he stopped offering to help. Libby got in the car and directed him to her address. Libby didn't want to take him right to her door as he's a stranger so parks at the location screams were heard - I've even done this as a guy in the past. When they got there they sat talking in the car and one of them made a move with LS getting upset and trying to get out of the car. Being married hes panicked and walked round pushing her back into the car (she screams) and he's accidently killed her trying to subdue her. I then think he's driven to the closest place he feels suitable to dispose of what he's done being the park.

I have a few theories what could of happened here.

1. He's taken her into the bush and disposed of any evidence
2. Put her in the lake
3. Put her in the river
4. Tried to get her out the car and she was awake/alive and ran off into the woodland (she then has an accident)

Hes then panicked again and thinks of ways to cover his story. He will think that there is CCTV everywhere so he gets her ID and programs it into his Satnav to create cover that he dropped her off. He then tells his sister days after a story as he feels guilty and trying to get help - then hes gone to the police thinking his story / plan will work.

I think the police are looking in that area as he's told them thats where he went. Since his arrest that area was restricted access and searches picked up, says to me he's told them something in custody.

Scenario 2
His sister is telling the truth, he did take her home - being in a confused and drunken state she might not recognise or confused where she is or where she needs to go. He asks for her ID and puts in her address taking her to the correct place. Then something else has happened - Im not sure what at this point.

Your first scenario seems pretty likely to me.

I’m new so I just wanted to add my thoughts . Time wise , I believe she’s had Pre drinks at a friends accommodation then left what ever time it takes to get to a club then what ever time to get back to home address then I would really need to use the loo for a wee if I had drank so much I couldn’t get in a club . That made me think she’s lost her keys as I would be going straight in my home to wee after that amount of time .

I bet when the police check his sat Nav they find that he entered her home address the day after she went missing.

Mentioning to his sister that he put her address in makes his story seem more unbelievable.

It sounds like him and his sister have tried to come up with a plan because a detail like that seems odd.

"A young woman’s “dark and eerie” screams were heard coming from a park shortly after missing university student Libby Squire was last seen.

A local, who wanted to stay anonymous, said the cries rang out “seven or eight” times and went on for about 15 minutes.

They said they then spotted a man running out of Oak Road Playing Fields – minutes away from Libby’s home in Hull."

Very interesting and disturbing. That explains the heavy police focus in that area from the start.

As far as I'm aware, the police talked to the bearded guy in the silver car that stopped at 11:45, then (I'm assuming) the taxi driver - the guy who took her home. That doesn't mean it's previously been said before today that two motorists stopped to help her - it means one motorist (beard guy) and the taxi driver that drove her home from Welly. Right?!

I may be wrong here but I could have sworn the bearded guy offered her the help back at the pub before she got the taxi ride home.

Is that totally wrong?

Goodness. This is horrible. But why didn't they report it at the time? Or as soon as Libby was reported missing?

WTF?!!? This makes me cross.... ignoring a short sharp scream is one thing, but several "dark and eerie" screams over quarter of an hour in a deserted park and 999 wasn't called immediately because why exactly....??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson