Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF?!!? This makes me cross.... ignoring a short sharp scream is one thing, but several "dark and eerie" screams over quarter of an hour in a deserted park and 999 wasn't called immediately because why exactly....??????

I lived in Leeds for a while which is also a major student town and every night there were screams. Maybe it could be strange for them to continue over 15 minutes, but what I found was that I became very insensitive to screaming there it because it was always drunk students messing

Thank you !
So it's possible that after an assault he could have dragged her to the river, before he was seen running out of the fields?

i wonder what circumstances would lead to them going from a warm car to a freezing cold park. If Libby ran away from the car chasing after her would suggest some element of intent to harm her, I'd been thinking of a heat of the moment type scenario but maybe not

JMO

Yes, Little Mystery, same as I thought. The first motorist we heard about. It would explain why the sister knows so much as he would have talked about speaking to police as he saw her that night, prior to arrest. It also struck me as rather odd, the police wording as to him being very helpful.

Yes I noted that then though: how naive of the LE
Ruth Wilson?

You've got a great memory: Yes!

I keep thinking back to the Gaia Pope case when someone was arrested and his name was all over media ... It turned out he was innocent all along.

I am just wondering maybe this fella is telling the truth (as in what he told the sister) ... I get the feeling he came forward and has some how incriminated himself. And as someone else suggested perhaps poor Libby ran off and had and accident.

There is just something not sitting right with me about him being responsible.

I would have thought after 24 hours in custody he would have surely broke

I lived in Leeds for a while which is also a major student town and every night there were screams. Maybe it could be strange for them to continue over 15 minutes, but what I found was that I became very insensitive to screaming there it because it was always drunk students messing

The lady who reported the screams iirc said that she always heard student screams and this was a different scream that made her sit up in bed. Her other half was downstairs watching TV and they both wondered about that scream as it was so different.

I keep thinking back to the Gaia Pope case when someone was arrested and his name was all over media ... It turned out he was innocent all along.

I am just wondering maybe this fella is telling the truth (as in what he told the sister) ... I get the feeling he came forward and has some how incriminated himself. And as someone else suggested perhaps poor Libby ran off and had and accident.

No Comment

I was a student in Leeds too and totally agree, I also lived in the city centre for a few years and like you say I became desensitised to noise. However, it's usually obvious whether a scream is a really distressed one or just people mucking about pissed. Several screams as if someone was being attacked over several minutes would certainly have drawn my attention though.

The lady who reported the screams iirc said that she always heard student screams and this was a different scream that made her sit up in bed. Her other half was downstairs watching TV and they both wondered about that scream as it was so different.
This is a different woman talking about different screams.

He looks unlikely to me too, but the chances of Libby getting a lift with him, arguing, getting to the park and encountering someone else within 30 mins seems negligible.

Fifteen minutes does not even seem possible, I hate to say, even if the worst was happening. Time fifteen minutes.

If that is true the police have easily arrived while it was still happening, if they were called. And half the neighborhood should have heard it, imo.

I hear an an occassional “scream” or shout late at night around my apartment...usually I check the time first, then turn on a light and wait to hear more. Only once did I call 911 and police came within five-ten minutes at most. Domestic dispute...

I don’t doubt screaming was heard but not convinced it is related. If so, a crime scene should have been found at least. Jmo

Ok, what am I missing?

why are we back to discussing the grey haired man the police have clearly said they are happy has nothing to do with this?

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Please, people, read some of the news reports or "what we know" articles. I appreciate there are 1600 posts here and it's hard to catch up with them all, but it is really not helpful regurgitating info that has been discussed and resolved days ago. It's confusing to newer posters and frustrating to those following from day one.

This was the lady in Heathcote Street though, not the latest one who reported the screams in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88