Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, but I cannot follow your grammar for most of your post.
If he'd wanted a hooker, he'd have gone that way. He wanted a pure little girl.
Respectfully, IMO.

Agree with that, and I was just saying I don’t think fantasy played much into this. The mask was mainly for concealment.

The kid couldn't make it through boot camp or, at 21, hold a potentially steady blue-collar job that was arranged for him. It's evident to me, even if he had the money and desire to solicit a prostitute he would have ended up rolled, beaten or dead. He wanted what he wanted and was willing to kill for it. Sometimes I think there's just something missing in a person's character. There's a real mental deficiency in this guy.

Repeated attempts to convey his feelings to the Closs family relatives trouble me. He did it once and I was OK with that. Let it go. Nothing PP says will lessen or comfort the families feelings for the damage his son did to JC and families.

I agree. It doesn't trouble me but he should as you say, LET IT GO.

Possibly, being in Prison for the remainder of his life, may not worry JP.
He likes his own company and enjoys reading.
Everything will be provided for him, with no effort on his part.
He may therefore plead guilty, avoid being on display during a trial, and be satisfied with his fate, having no remorse for his actions.
MOO.

Since DP is not an option in WI, the only thing I can think of that they can offer him in a plea is a sentence with the possibility of parole versus life no possibility of parole. Although I would rather see him just plead guilty for the family's sake , the thought of him ever being allowed to be paroled is sickening.

They won't offer anything with parole. He's getting life.

There is still quite a bit that can be negotiated in a plea bargain even without having the death penalty on the table. Prison placement, whether or not he has to stipulate to certain facts of the crime, privileges in prison, and many other things.

Repeated attempts to convey his feelings to the Closs family relatives trouble me. He did it once and I was OK with that. Let it go. Nothing PP says will lessen or comfort the families feelings for the damage his son did to JC and families.
BBM
ITA Ragnarok, even though the first time was somewhat questionable, I chalked it up to utter and complete shock at the situation. IMO

Just watched a reporter who was in the court room say when JP came into the courtroom his father yelled out to him prompting JP's smile. As he exited his father again yelled out, we love you, which prompted that smile.

You would be surprised to know how heartily I agree with you, even though I feel that the Barren LE dropped the ball.
What is that saying, "there are no atheists in foxholes?" It applies everywhere. We watch case after on these boards handled brilliantly by their various LE agencies. I have a major crush on the Sheriff that searched for Casey Hathaway. Further, you can bet your last dollar that if I were ever in need, 911 would be the first call I would make, and there would be no hesitation on my part. Having said that, though, I would hope that the LE in JC's case has discussed this as something not to do in the future.

They said they did not want it to be a Jacob Wetterling situation. Well,police and all the other agencies overlooked the footprints and tire prints of the killer’s car.

They did not interview the kids who kept reporting about a creepy stalker.

There is a podcast that is named In the Dark that reveals so much shocking info,

BTW, it was because of research on WS that the killer was found although the people ELOC Soul, shergirl and jbrown have never been given the credit

Last edited:
I am in complete agreement - I do not believe it is protocol when enroute to a 911 call - any LE would stop that pursuit to pull over a vehicle with a license plate violation. IMO

Is someone saying that they should have pursued him right then and there? I think not.

I think what is being said is that the car should have been investigated.

I supported LE in the Wetterling case. I was astounded to find out in the podcast In the Dark as to the actual series of events.

Was the "Christmas Party" at JP's home ever confirmed, or does it remain a rumor? If it was confirmed, does anyone have a link? TIA.

According to the GMA story this morning, “police sources tell the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel” . . .

Here’s the article and the explanation as to why “police sources” are not being named is because “investigation is ongoing” . . .

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...hristmas-party-while-teen-captive/2625431002/

Ita!

I never second guess what the officers did or the decisions they made at the time.

Only they know why certain decisions are/were made since they are the only ones privy to all of the facts in evidence. Imo. FBI profilers told them not to do so because it may profoundly affect Jayme's chances of remaining alive.

Just like the PC knew the Washington DC snipers didnt drive a white van all along. It was designed to fool the killers into believing the police really has no clue what they really drove, but of course they did.

Decisions like this are common, and each one has a valid reason for doing what they do.

I can only make a logical guess, and they did not want the kidnapper to get spooked in any way whatsover.

If the kidnapper knew they had put a description out of his vehicle the police knew he could kill Jayme, and then flee.

They always firmly believed Jayme was alive, and they didn't want to do anything on their part that may jeopardize that firmly held belief.

Were they looking behind the scene? More than likely but trying to find one is like looking for a needle in a haystack when they didnt even know which haystack to even look in.

Didn't he even change license plates, and the tag number wasn't captured when the officer saw it?

Imo, it's so easy to Monday morning quarterback from afar when we aren't any part of any investigation, and aren't aware of any of the details or why certain decisions were made, and why, by all of those who were actually deeply involved..

I believe withholding this information from the kidnapper gave Jayme a much better chance of survival, That was Fitzgerald's main goal from minute one.

It worked, because he had relaxed thinking he had completely gotten away with double murder, and kidnapping.

Putting out the description of the car the kidnapper drove would make them even more unstable/panicky, and thinking he had to kill Jayme so no living witnesses would be left behind.

It could have cost Jayme her life. It was a gamble Fitzgerald, and the profilers weren't willing to take.

The best way to keep this monster calm was for Fitzgerald to announce over, and over again they had no evidence or clue who the suspect could be.

Imo

I was a believer in LE until I listened to the In the Dark podcast about Jacob Wetterling.

Fitzgerald said they did not want another Wetterling case because of the screw ups . It is astounding

Video:
Paul Blume on Twitter
Here is moment Jake Patterson enters courtroom & spots his family in front row. Patterson cuffed & in jailhouse uniform was in court for just a couple minutes. He'll be arraigned March 27th. #JaymeCloss

Paul Blume on Twitter
Patterson appeared to immediately make eye contact and shared moment with his Dad in front row on way to defense table #JaymeCloss Defense says Patterson is waving his right to a Preliminary Hearing.

Angelica Sanchez on Twitter
UPDATE: Suspect Jake Patterson made an in person appearance to his preliminary hearing. He waved his right to preliminary examination. He will be back in court March 27th. His family left court very emotional with no comment. @fox6now #JaymeCloss
DyveOULXgAg8MPO.jpg

DyveOUMXgAE7M7j.jpg

Mary McGuire on Twitter
In light of Patterson court appearance, family of Jayme Closs tells me they are focusing on justice and healing today. Jayme and her two aunts are “very very thankful for the wonderful support and kind wishes from all of the amazing people around the world.” @WCCO #JaymeCloss

No mother of him. Hm

Trying to catch up so I know convo has moved on but still wanted to comment. I have no idea how the family feels or what they may decide. Not having experienced the trauma I don't know what I would think or do. There is a small part of me that thinks it might be beneficial & healing to know another family is living in the home as opposed it being torn down or destroyed. That said, the town reminds me of the one I grew up in many years ago. Small homes and country setting. Over time it became a popular place to buy for people wanting to escape the city but still be within an hour driving distance of jobs. They bought for the land, had the homes demoed, and built beautiful new home

The house is on a highway. I think those that buy escape homes can buy things more appealing such as a lake home.

There are many lakes in the area and people were building new. I am not sure lake homes or second homes have recovered. For awhile, it was almost impossible to sell a lake home.

Agree with that, and I was just saying I don’t think fantasy played much into this. The mask was mainly for concealment.

If you read on Ed Gein, him
And JP share some similarities, quiet/odd..

But I think Ed Geins mom was nuts and screwed him up, JP seems more like he took divorce especially hard at very young age and never fully recovered... as for his mom... dunno anything, as she’s said nothing..

I don’t think Ed Gein and JP are alike at all. EG came from a violent alcoholic religious background where mom said they were better than the others in their area.

Who knows what else. I hope someday we hear the JP story. We are getting better at getting help for troubled kids. Slowly slowly

I wonder if the Closs family will end up having to get a Restraining Order against Patterson's Dad to get him to stop inserting his version of grief into THEIR very private justified feelings in a public way.
I may be cynical, and I don't mean to be, but I keep wondering if he's trying to head off a civil suit with all the public statements about the Closs family and how this is all about them- YEAH, because your psycho son killed 2 of their family members ( and abducted the family's minor child, although this is not in the courtroom proceedings) so he really needs to be careful what doors he opens up..
IMO, he lost the right to feel sorry about anything regarding both his sons' crimes when he left those two boys in the house and both parents moved away when they were young teens.

Not cynical at all, your guns/bullets killed two people, child held for 88 days in your house.?

If anything, what was conversation between jake and family two to four weeks prior to October 15th... they have text and emails...

If he’s on record saying I need my gun back and telling jake he needs to find work.. ok.. who really knows...

If JP lives in own apartment, had his own car, and had to buy or steal gun, gotta think chances he tries this go down...

To have child that refuses to have anything registered to his own name makes it look like 3 yr plan..and just bizarre..

Father should commit to bulldoze house and auction off land to charity or give to county... once court process is over..

<modsnipped quoted post>
I interpret PP’s TV appearance as part of the defense plan. They already tried to pass a letter to the Closs family which they did not wish to see. This TV appearance was a more public way to express their support for JC (EDIT to use initials) and an apology for what JP has done. I think it’s a set-up for what will happen at the arraignment, a guilty plea and who knows what they would like to see attached to it.
What are you watching?

The exclusive ABC video link consists of 2 sentiments by PP:

Please pray for the complete healing of JC's heart, mind, and soul; and apology to her family.

He also thanked LE for their professionalism towards his family. He refused to make any further comments.

Last edited:
Seattle1 - It’s bizarre behavior from JPs father. We are in the very beginning stages of everything in court and to date he’s wrote a letter and now is on television making statements.

For some reason it rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave