Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

I certainly hope the car is located soon. My main theory since her body was found is that someone intercepted her after she left the co-workers apartment. That person may have had assault in mind or they may have just wanted to steal the car, but ultimately they shoved her out of the car and drove off. Then, when this case became national news, they ditched the car.

WOW! Now, I am back to my first instinct, which should never be vacated to begin with. Toney Wade had said, even before Emily was found that there were too many red flag's popping up to him & now after reading this....Hmmmmm.

A drowning victim will be submerged in the water for a few day's until the bloating of the body and then will surface, yet the front part of her body was "Pristine" & no mud on the front of the body nor in the hair? It look's like someone did something evil, placed her body and then drove her car off into Lake Bardwell, if that turns up being her mom's car, to make it look like an accident.

IF....something of that type of scenario happened, guaranteed this was not the perp's 1st rodeo! I pray & pray that this was an accident with coincidence's, but it is looking more & more like something nefarious. A coincidence is twice after that it is a pattern!

Last edited:
How does one safely drive a car off into a lake?

Am just not seeing murder here...but will wait to hear more. Seriously there are so many ways to kill a person, unfortunately...this is not registering with me as likely. Jmo

Forgive my ignorance on this...but can we have a hint as to who CM is? I have not heard this. Thanks in advance.

I just read about CM....unless he is the co-worker, personally I don't see it. I know Jared, my wife is friend's with Jared and met Emily a few time's....I am sure that she is not the personality to pick up a stranger on the side of the road.

If her mom's car is found in Lake Bardwell, something isn't right with that, as it is in the complete opposite direction of the co-worker's home & Emily & her mom's apt, just as the creek is. It make's no sense whatsoever that she would have gone down that road to begin with, in that direction of course. Leaving the co-worker's home, she would have taken a right and blended in somewhat with Clay St.

I have often thought of taking Ensign Rd thinking it may be a shortcut to my Doctor, I never did & now I am grateful that I didn't. I never imagined that it was like that in heavy rain. That road should have been gated and blocked. I still smell something fishy about this.

Last edited:
I hate all the speculation, after the fact. If a body or an object didn’t get whisked away by rapidly moving water, there’d be no searches, imo. lE would know where to look.
We have to many cases like this in my area that take even longer to find the body or vehicle. Jmo

I had stop watching thread then something caught my eye on NG podcast Haven’t listened just went straight here. So LE says accidental, case closed but Wade says not likely. Ugggg
I do hope they find car soon So speculation can be put to rest.

Nancy Grace talked with Toney Wade for an update on the Emily Wade case today. Final autopsy results have not been released yet. The family told Toney that the coroner said that it was a drowning.

Toney described how Emily's body was found. Her body was on its back in the mud, which he said was a very unusual position in which to find a drowning person's body. He has seen many drowning victims, but has never seen one on its back. Far more typical is that the drowned person is face down.

Captain Toney Wade said the body looked "pristine." Yes, there was mud on her back side because she was laying on her back in the mud, but the top side of her body looked very clean. Her hair was not muddy. Toney Wade said her body didn't look like she had tried to walk through a creek or crawled through mud. Dr. Daniel Bober, one of Nancy's analysts, said that drowning people thrash so it could be possible that Emily ended up on her back, although he conceded that position is unusual for a drowning victim.
SABBM

Texas flood water is muddy. A drowning victim goes underwater after drowning, sometimes for days. I can't understand Wade's body description lying in the mud. I would expect the exact opposite. Obviously.

Does that mean she wasn't in the creek that night she disappeared?

I agree that the car needs to be found. LE's stated presumption of accident includes Emily driving into the creek at the Ensign Road crossing. If the car is found downstream of the crossing, then this will likely be case closed.

If Emily's car is found anywhere else, ie Lake Bardwell, then this case will be very open. For murder.

Since there is discussion of a car in Lake Bardwell, I have attached images of the Bardwell spillway, and the route a body would have to take to get to where Emily was found. S-spillway, B-Ensign Road bridge, X-body location just 600 yards below bridge.

If she went in and drowned at the bridge (per LE), then she snagged up quickly just 600 yards downstream, per reports. If her car is found in the Lake and an accident is suspected, we would have to believe her body magically found the spillway (body would be directed by wind IMO), and didn't get stopped for miles down a narrow creek until it incredibly stopped just beyond the bridge in question. And the body remained in "pristine" condition while tumbling down the spillway and through a narrow creek embedded with snags. That cannot happen.

Need. Car. So I can dig in or move on.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.16.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.16.00 PM.png
    875.4 KB · Views: 55
  • emily.jpg
    emily.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 53
I just read about CM....unless he is the co-worker, personally I don't see it. I know Jared, my wife is friend's with Jared and met Emily a few time's....I am sure that she is not the personality to pick up a stranger on the side of the road.

If her mom's car is found in Lake Bardwell, something isn't right with that, as it is in the complete opposite direction of the co-worker's home & Emily & her mom's apt, just as the creek is. It make's no sense whatsoever that she would have gone down that road to begin with, in that direction of course. Leaving the co-worker's home, she would have taken a right and blended in somewhat with Clay St.

I have often thought of taking Ensign Rd thinking it may be a shortcut to my Doctor, I never did & now I am grateful that I didn't. I never imagined that it was like that in heavy rain. That road should have been gated and blocked. I still smell something fishy about this.
Have you considered the possibility that the reason it makes no sense is because she may have been lost?
MOO

From the article:

Ennis Police Chief John Erisman is encouraged that the ongoing search for the missing car last driven by the late Emily Wade will end successfully. Chambers Creek (at Ensign Rd) has receded about 15 feet in the week since the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District starting shutting off water from the adjacent Lake Bardwell. At the request of Erisman, the shutoff was done to lower feeder creeks into Chambers.

The previously flooded concrete bridge is now crossable, however, parts of downriver are still creating tough conditions. “The search for the vehicle has been challenging,” he said in an exclusive dialogue on Tuesday evening with The Ennis News. “Although the water has subsided significantly, the creek beds and surrounding areas are very muddy. This makes it difficult to get equipment and personnel into some areas.

Ennis Police now investigating death of woman, 38, as an accident
Ennis Police Lt. Mike Hopson said the creek bed where Wade was found was known to be flooding the night Wade went missing.

Hopson stated that the department does not suspect foul play in Wade’s death at this time.

“Right now, we believe it was an accident,” Hopson expressed. “But we’re still leaving everything else open until we can prove it.”

Also from the article - in reference to the car:

Hopson explained that the department is still searching for Wade’s 2012 Nissan Altima, which as of publishing remained missing.

Hopson said a Texas Department of Safety dive team searched the creek over the weekend but were unable to find anything. Hopson explained that DPS believes that the vehicle may be entirely submerged in the creek bed.

“They think it’s covered in dirt,” Hopson stated. “We’re going to have to do some more things with the creek right now before we can find the car.”

Also from the article - in reference to the car:

Hopson explained that the department is still searching for Wade’s 2012 Nissan Altima, which as of publishing remained missing.

Hopson said a Texas Department of Safety dive team searched the creek over the weekend but were unable to find anything. Hopson explained that DPS believes that the vehicle may be entirely submerged in the creek bed.

“They think it’s covered in dirt,” Hopson stated. “We’re going to have to do some more things with the creek right now before we can find the car.”
SABBM

At no point would I have thought that possible- entirely submerged in the creek bed.

Attached is an image looking downstream from the Ensign Road bridge. No muddy spots here. It is a very straight run downstream to where EW's body was found. Generally, muddy areas within a recessed creek bed are inner sides of a bend or still water pooling areas where sediment settles. There are not many bends in Chambers Creek in this area.

Because it is a straight shot down the creek for the 600 yards to the body, the car could have gone beyond the body- slowly rolling along the creek bed.

Second image from Google Maps, shows the Creek another 800 yards downstream from the body, showing a bend with plenty of downed trees that would likely catch a submerged car. Undated photo so it's not that relevant, other than I don't think there are many places a car could get completely buried in general.

Not questioning the ability of the search team, I'm just mostly frustrated because the car hasn't been found.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.01.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.01.40 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.13.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.13.26 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online