Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I was searching for news updates and found the link below. Please scroll down to 6.02.2019 @ 5:01pm. It as been on my mind all day why they were searching in this area a good way from where the main search has been. Did anyone else know they had been searching there?
Just over four hours later they made the arrest, it may have no relation whatsoever of course. But it made me curious.

Libby Squire disappearance - BBC News

This area you are referring to?

The search for the University of Hull student is in its sixth day and, on Twitter, police said the "eye in the sky" was being used in the Bransholme area of the city.

Yesterday, I was searching for news updates and found the link below. Please scroll down to 6.02.2019 @ 5:01pm. It as been on my mind all day why they were searching in this area a good way from where the main search has been. Did anyone else know they had been searching there?
Just over four hours later they made the arrest, it may have no relation whatsoever of course. But it made me curious.

Libby Squire disappearance - BBC News
Nice one. I've not noticed this. That area is only across the river from Libby's street but quite a way away from where she was seen on the bench if they were searching there thinking she'd gone on foot.

Horrible reporting from the sun about the butchering process, did they really need to write about that? gutter press at it's finest!

If the suspect they've arrested is guilty of either abducting or hurting Libby then it feels like a John Leathem scenario all over again... seemingly normal, happy, family man has a psychotic break down and preys on a vulnerable girl.

No updates or new information as of a moment ago so I'm going to try to calm my mind down and get some sleep. Hoping there will be news when I wake up and praying it will be good. At this point I just want her family to be given some sort of answers and peace somehow.

First time I see the Libby has three siblings.
"They said the 21-year-old, one of four children, had "a lovely group of friends" in Hull and remained close with her friends from back home in High Wycombe."
Yes. It's been mentioned in MSM that her brother has taken her disappearance particularly hard. IIRC it was actually her parents that said that during a video statement.

Edited due to poor choice of words.

[not sure if this allowed? From The Sun. have edited names]

Colleague Tadeusz Skibicki, 39, said: “When I heard the news it was a big shock.

“P.... is a quiet, normal person. He has never been violent.”

R... has worked at Karro Food Group’s headquarters in Malton, North Yorks, for around five years, according to the pal.

J.... also works there — although she has been on maternity leave after giving birth to their second child in October.

A fellow worker said: “There are several butchery departments there and each one has 150 butchers.

“The carcass gets cut into legs, middle and shoulders and they go to separate areas to be taken apart to produce bacon or ham or whatever you might buy in a supermarket.”

Butcher quizzed by cops over disappearance of student Libby Squire

I feel like we didn’t need to know the butchery part of that story. Disgraceful sensationalism from them.

I’m just thinking to myself he’s worked there for 5 years and the papers have gone looking for snippets of info about him from work colleagues and all say he’s a nice guy , you’d thought in 5 years they would have found someone who would say something slightly negative about him in light of the situation

I'm just wondering if he has been released, you know quietly. Just odd there haven't been any updates on time extensions on arrest.

They can internally authorise up to 36 hours detention before they are required to apply for external permission (via Magistrates Court) for further extensions. If they don't release him on bail and don't charge him, that's the next step and the first time anyone is likely to know outside of the Police Force.

I’ve been surprised by this evening’s media developments particularly the reveal of the identity of the man in police custody and the statements from his sister which have not helped his situation at all and helped cast more shade over him. Very foolish or misconceived.

For what it’s worth I think there are two possible scenarios. The suspect returning from a late shift spots a disorientated and potentially distressed drunk young woman.

1) it starts out as a Good Samaritan deed when he offers her a lift home but then something happens to make her flip and he strikes her and causes her death accidentally or loses his temper and beats her up badly. In a panic he disposes of her body.

2) He spots her and offers her assistance and a lift with the deliberate intention of raping her. After he does so he murders her for fear of her identifying him and then disposes of her body.

Of course these options could merge and it started out as a good deed and he then gets the idea that he can take advantage of her sexually. She pushes him away and says he’s trying to rape her, and potentially gets out and starts running away - he catches her and kills her in a raging panic to prevent her accusing him of being a rapist.

Or (yes I know I said two options and this is now my 4th!) he was driving home from a shift with a colleague and they decide to prey upon her. (Hence the fliers in other languages - maybe the co-workers family or flat mates spotted his suspicious behaviour after the event).

Though I think she would have been less likely to knowingly get in a car with two men. As another poster said, the guy purported to be in custody looks quite ordinary, young and unthreatening and if he is the perp, this could have made her more confident ( in a still drunken state) of his ‘safety’. (Or she recognised him as family man she’s seen pushing a buggy around the area).

So tragically sad and all JMO. I hope my scenarios do not offend. I have been deeply saddened by this story.

And not a word about the grey haired man! (Cleared you say??).!

I’ve been surprised by this evening’s media developments particularly the reveal of the identity of the man in police custody and the statements from his sister which have not helped his situation at all and helped cast more shade over him. Very foolish or misconceived.

nm found one statement by her

Last edited:
They can internally authorise up to 36 hours detention before they are required to apply for external permission (via Magistrates Court) for further extensions. If they don't release him on bail and don't charge him, that's the next step and the first time anyone is likely to know outside of the Police Force.

Yes, thanks. I was posting my thoughts as the press have been hot on the story since the arrest so rather expecting them to comment on the fact that he is still being held after 24 hours which means 36 hours has been authorised. Hope I'm making sense here ;)

can you link the statements from his sister? I haven't seen those and I was under the impression as someone else said that there have been only good comments describing him

The links are around page 70 - 75 of the previous thread and come from the (UK) Daily Telegraph. Sorry I don’t have the link myself as it’s too tricky for me on my mobile phone. The sister says - in her brothers defence - that he gave Libby a life and put her address in his satnav but she made advances towards him which he rejected as he’s a married man. Or words to that effect.

Posters responding to the article found her comments and these statements hard to believe - like a thought too hard about excuse concocted to explain the possible presence of DNA. It’s all there at the end of the previous thread before the discussion of reports of screaming.

Also worth remembering that the detention clock does not start when a suspect is arrested it starts when the detention is authorised at whichever station he was taken to. That can easily be an hour or more later than the arrest time.

So we could be looking at 10am or later before any news of an extension is available.

If suspect is really guilty and the screams heard at the park are to be believed and really were Libby, I would assume she was driven to the park and then dragged out of the car. If suspect intended to sexually assault her I would also assume he would have the sense not to do it in the car, he either unlocked the car and she got out and ran but he caught her or he dragged her out, both could explain screaming in park. If suspect is to be believed that she made a pass at him and his social media genuinely reflects his true personality and is not a facade (he repeatedly posts about how his family is the most important thing in the world to him and how all he needs is his wife and kids), it may be possible he actually never intended to sexually assault her at all but instead was so upset she made advances towards him after he told her he was married, he drove her to the park and pushed her into the river to make it look like an accident, possibly assuming since she was wasted, people would believe she just fell in, but he wasn't intending on her screaming? Or his social media is all just a huge manipulative facade and he did actually sexually hurt her before disposing of her. OR maybe it wasn't him at all! We just don't know yet. Everything above is just my opinions.

It’s good everyone has there opinions my thinking is killing someone because they made a pass at you? could be a bit steep what was he worried about his wife finding out and flipping out? really over some stranger making a pass at you in the car he could have just dropped her off at home and told his wife the truth about what happened? she would have gotten over it or will his wife flip out over it for picking up strangers and offering them a lift? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie