The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall glitters in green at Buckingham Palace evening reception
The Duchess of Cornwall donned a glittering green floor-length gown for an evening reception at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday.

The striking dress is embroidered with embellishments and features flattering fluted sleeves. Camilla, 71, accessorised with a metallic clutch bag and her £38,500 Van Cleef & Arpels Magic Alhambra earrings, which contain three white gold, round diamond clover leafs.

5d83f866dc3c52bd341dcb75b4b316f7

The fabric is pretty but the cut of the dress isn't doing her any favors IMO. Her hair looks nice though.

Is it just me or does Charles look a bit pickled?

Camilla's gown looks more like a caftan (robe) than a dress. Not a fan.

This certainly is an unflattering picture for both of them!

Camilla’s hair looks like it has lost its curl and poof for the day. It seems no one bothered to curl and style it. With the style of her gown, she is ready to jump into bed as soon as she can escape the party.

That outfit,

Oh dear....

Oh dear...

It looks like she slept in a nightshirt and then threw on something on the bottom.

She hasn't no earrings, she has no necklace, she has nothing except a wrinkly shirt on the top and the skirt is very unattractive is where it is fitting? Has she given up?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190207-171756_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190207-171756_Chrome.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 11
That outfit,

Oh dear....

Oh dear...

It looks like she slept in a nightshirt and then threw on something on the bottom.

She hasn't no earrings, she has no necklace, she has nothing except a wrinkly shirt on the top and the skirt is very unattractive is where it is fitting? Has she given up?

She appears to be wearing some very small studs in her ears. What a wasted opportunity for some bold fashion statement earrings.
9528810-6679323-image-a-146_1549567810358.jpg

What a hideous fashion miss/mess this is! Other than her wedding dress it seems like a lot of her worst (IMO) looks have been from Givenchy.

Those shoes! Blech!
9529748-6679323-Meghan_s_bump_was_clearly_visible_underneath_her_skirt-m-174_1549569476784.jpg

That outfit,

Oh dear....

Oh dear...

I read an article a while back in which a fashion expert suggested she stop wearing the cotton fabrics and go more with synthetic blends, knits, etc. Really a good idea, it would result in fewer wrinkly shirts, dresses, and clothes that hold their shape. It would also look more dressy for formal evening occasions such as this.

That said, she's probably heard all this advice. She'll do what she wants to do.

What the heck is up with wearing the shirts spread wide like that? The skirt, the skirt, it looks like a knit tube skirt that was too long so she pulled it up to her armpits ala Urkle. Lol.
The whole look is one big NOPE!

What the heck is up with wearing the shirts spread wide like that? The skirt, the skirt, it looks like a knit tube skirt that was too long so she pulled it up to her armpits ala Urkle. Lol.
The whole look is one big NOPE!
I was thinking earlier, maybe she doesn’t know what to do with a bust? She always looks way too push-uped.

When did a pregnant lady start wearing a skirt and blouse like the duchess has on? This is not a maternity outfit.

Did you notice her blouse? The buttons do not go straight down her chest, they angle over to the left. It looks to me like her blouse was not pulled straight under her skirt. I don’t think it was made the way she is wearing it.

Where was her dresser tonight? I bet the Queen is having a fit over the way Meghan looks tonight.

Meghan’s dressed as if she is tired of all these fancy outings and can’t wait for her six month maternity leave. JMO.

Check out the comments in this article. The What Megan Wore blog commented the only styling assistance she gets is from JM. Maybe JM is jealous of MM and is telling her to wear these awful outfits on purpose.

Last edited:
Check out the comments in this article. The What Megan Wore blog commented the only styling assistance she get is from JM. Maybe JM is jealous of MM and is telling her to where these awful outfits on purpose.

I don’t think JM is jealous of MM she just has no taste and dresses the two of them terribly like Real Housewives of Wherever. MM needs a stylist who is not her friend and can give an honest opinion.

The Duchess needs to ditch the too tight clothing, the cheap fabrics and the dull boring beige etc colours. The outfits are not cheap in financial terms but they look it. I also think she should ditch the Givenchy and Victoria Beckham outfits I don’t think they do anything for her.

I’m certainly no fashionista, in fact I get most of my clothes through goodwill and the like. But I only choose items that fit appropriately and are flattering. I’ve never understood the whole “fashion” scene. Do these people really not look in the mirror?

She could have worn something like this, with a narrower belt above her belly:

tumblr_mmxdn6vdsA1qd8ajzo1_400.jpg

(photo link TheFullerView - (via Pinterest))

The fabrics are much more suited for evening wear. The detail of the necklace and the repetition of the sparkle on the belt buckle works well. The pleating of the bodice and the feminine sleeves are a much better look than the menswear look Meghan was going for.

*sigh* Where are Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police when we need them?

ETA this is the narrow belt look I was thinking of:
maternity-dress-lifestyle1.jpg

(Photo link 10 best maternity dresses)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors