CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she looked fine. But its irrelevant; she'll never be judged by a jury. She is getting one hell of a deal in my opinion. I fully believe that she went to Colorado knowing KB was going to be killed and took the phone (and likely purse) as part of that plan. She also obviously is the one that sent the text messages. That she is getting off so easily tells me that the prosecution badly needs her testimony. I do not believe she knows where KB's remains are, although she may have given LE some ideas of where she could be.

There is absolutely nothing innocent going on here. I think she is too risky as a witness for the prosecution. I was hopeful and now I am not. One day in and just a few minutes, she is absolutely contrived. I don't have this impression about a lot of witnesses but this one I do. I cannot wait to read any statements or testimony she puts out.

The good news is she will have to come back to court and frankly I am looking forward to the days in court when she has to testify and is grilled by the defense team.

Que the music.....

"She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes......."

I imagine the booking was what jailers like to call "a walk-through". She got the same tour of the facility as every other booking, while attorneys had a cup of coffee and discussed what a miserable drive to work it was that morning. After being in a cell just long enough to sit down and look around, she was on her way through the exit process (unless it was a really busy day and they had to stack 'em up). The biggest bummer is that permanent black ink all over five digits. IMO
You're slipping Dave! Fingerprinting has gone digital -- coordinates better with AFIS. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, I agree.

"I moved the victim's cellphone with the intent to impair the phone's availability in the investigation."

This is confusing to me. To impair the phone's availability, all one would have to do is power it down and toss it in the nearest river. What was her plan in taking the phone home with her? And where is Kelsey's purse?
Where is Kelsey? Who cleaned up the murder scene, where are murder weapon/s? Who else is involved? She better tell everything she knows, everything she did. Or that aggravation charge the prosecution mentioned might hit her hard.
MOO.

Well if it wasn't PF who could it be? We know it wasn't LE that told her because according to her statement, she learned of PF committing homicide and she moved the victims phone knowing that LE would be investigating the crime.

“I learned that Patrick Frazee had committed a homicide on approximately Nov. 22, 2018 in Teller County. I knew that law enforcement would be investigating that crime. I moved the victim’s cell phone with the intent to impair the phone’s availability in the investigation. I had no right or authority to move the victim’s cell phone. That occurred between Nov. 24 and Nov. 25, 2018 in Teller County."

ETA: KK is a pizza chip.
jmo

This is all B.S. language. Your boyfriend lover creep gave you a dead woman's phone that he murdered and asked you to drive 824 miles and send messages to alibi him so he wouldn't get caught for killing her. Congratulations, you win what you thought was going to be a wonderful relationship by ending her life.

I thought she looked fine. But its irrelevant; she'll never be judged by a jury. She is getting one hell of a deal in my opinion. I fully believe that she went to Colorado knowing KB was going to be killed and took the phone (and likely purse) as part of that plan. She also obviously is the one that sent the text messages. That she is getting off so easily tells me that the prosecution badly needs her testimony. I do not believe she knows where KB's remains are, although she may have given LE some ideas of where she could be.
And probably had some insight on the when and where. I agree Prosecution must need some extra insurance --without a body.

Where is Kelsey? Who cleaned up the murder scene, where are murder weapon/s? Who else is involved? She better tell everything she knows, everything she did. Or that aggravation charge the prosecution mentioned might hit her hard.
MOO.
I hope she receives the maximum sentence after Frazee's trial - even if she is cooperating now. She obviously could have initially contacted law enforcement when she learned of the homicide & didn't. She obviously took & confirmed that she took Kelsey's cell phone. She also obviously sent the text messages. She deserves the max IMO.

"She was initially suspected of tampering with Berreth’s cell phone

Berreth, 29, has been missing since Nov. 22, 2018. She was last spotted leaving a supermarket with her daughter. Berreth’s fiancé and the father of her child, Patrick Frazee Opens a New Window. , was formally charged with two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation to commit first-degree murder.

The missing mother is presumed to be dead. Meanwhile, Lee is suspected of having an affair with Frazee.

Lee’s plea comes hours after confirmation that she had been fired from her job at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Medical Center in Twin Falls, Idaho.

Tear up that license KK.....never again.
Is RadarOnline the only one reporting this? (That her "plea comes hours after confirmation that she had been fired?") I remember another report within the last week or so that she was no longer employed by the hospital. Hmmm...
Idaho Nurse Pleads Guilty To Evidence Tampering In Missing Colorado Mom’s Case

Good point, I just read it again more carefully. There's no way to construe it as she innocently took the phone to Idaho for some reason. She knew PF had killed KB and knowing this, she assisted him in misleading the investigation.
Right, so based on KKL's admission today, we can toss all theories that PF secretly put KB's phone in her luggage.

This is where I'm at too. She knew what she was doing and everyone knows it, but they don't have what they need to convict PF so they are using the only thing they can.
jmo

I hope she receives the maximum sentence after Frazee's trial - even if she is cooperating now. She obviously could have initially contacted law enforcement when she learned of the homicide & didn't. She obviously took & confirmed that she took Kelsey's cell phone. She also obviously sent the text messages. She deserves the max IMO.
Do we know what time the texts were sent? Maybe PF sent them right before KK "moved" the phone?

Is RadarOnline the only one reporting this? (That her "plea comes hours after confirmation that she had been fired?") I remember another report within the last week or so that she was no longer employed by the hospital. Hmmm...

ABC
Lee had been employed as a nurse at St. Luke's Magic Valley Medical Center in Twin Falls, Idaho. But on Monday, hospital spokeswoman Michelle Bartlome told ABC News that "an individual by that name no longer works at the hospital." In January, hospital officials said Lee was on a leave of absence.

Woman pleads guilty to moving missing mom Kelsey Berreth's phone

I imagine the booking was what jailers like to call "a walk-through". She got the same tour of the facility as every other booking, while attorneys had a cup of coffee and discussed what a miserable drive to work it was that morning. After being in a cell just long enough to sit down and look around, she was on her way through the exit process (unless it was a really busy day and they had to stack 'em up). The biggest bummer is that permanent black ink all over five digits. IMO
Was KKL actually arrested yesterday, turned herself in? I am wondering about releasing that mugshot or was it just a photograph. She was not detained in their facility, so they could have just retained the photo for the case file. Releasing it this morning while she was appearing in court, where she would be photographed by the press anyway, seems like kind of a dig at KKL. Her lawyer failed to request a block to the mugshot release, so LE put it out on Twitter maybe as a hint about what they think of her.

From an earlier version:

The Idaho nurse accused of tampering with evidence in the missing case of Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth has been fired from her job, RadarOnline.com exclusively learned.

A spokesperson at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Medical Center in Twin Falls, Idaho, confirmed the news to Radar on Thursday.

“An individual by that name is no longer an employee of St. Luke’s,” the spokesperson said of Kyrstal Lee.

Lee, 32, was reportedly placed on a leave after being investigated for having an alleged connection to Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance.

Idaho Nurse Charged With Evidence Tampering In Missing Colorado Mom’s Case Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288