CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not looking for “sympathetic” or “stoic” in her, I’m looking for REMORSE and the only emotion I’ve seen is for herself ... She’s angry - not stoic, and certainly not remorseful in her booking photo ... and the only emotion I saw was when the judge discussed HER sentencing ...
I'm looking for cell walls and a long sentence. It irritates me to no end that she's allowed to be out and about while this drags on.

I respectfully disagree.

Being in a relationship with a bully and control freak is not the same as knowing that bully and control freak wants to murder you. Or solicit others to murder you.

She was decent and likely brought up to believe the best in people. She may have thought he was a nasty guy and broke up with him because of it, but how many of us who have known emotionally abusive men would think they'd actually murder us?

If I thought every man I met who had been mean and a bully was out to kill me I'd be hiding on the moon.

MOO
I never said the two things were the same. Respectfully, you’re setting up a straw man argument and I am not going to do that.

Now if anyone wants to talk about PF, who certainly seems to be the actual murderer in this case, I’m game. If he could read this thread, I’m thinking he would be feeling ignored.

I never said the two things were the same. Respectfully, you’re setting up a straw man argument and I am not going to do that.

Now if anyone wants to talk about PF, who certainly seems to be the actual murderer in this case, I’m game. If he could read this thread, I’m thinking he would be feeling ignored.
I'm not setting up a straw man argument at all. You mentioned that KB could have left the area. I merely asked why would she do that and replied to what you said here:
"Lhughessk said:
Because she was in a relationship with - your words again - a bully and a control freak? Anyway, let’s dont get sidetracked by that example. It was a minor thing to make a larger point, and others may not get the context. I’m not in any way saying KB should have done anything differently than what she did so let’s be clear on that."

And stating that I disagree.
MOO

lets also be clear that if the prosecutor and LE thought that KK simply agreed to dispose of a victims cell phone bc she was in fear for her life, there would be a much better deal offered than what she got. There would most likely be no charges as long as she made a deal to help the prosecution and testify against PF....
The details of the plea deal are sealed, so we really don’t know how good or not good a deal she got. The DA said it would be more clear why they did what they did come Feb 19 so I can’t wait for that date. Hopefully his PD attorney will talk sense into him and there will be a quick guilty plea. Handwriting on the wall, etc

I'm afraid that KK has already buried and crucified herself, by admitting to being an accomplice in the vile, completely unnecessary murder of a young mother who weighed 110 pounds soaking wet and couldn't defend herself.

Nobody else has to bury or crucify her, she's done it all by herself.
MOO
The only one crucified and buried in this is Kelsey.

Massguy, let's cut through the proverbial doggy doo here. Fact is, KK was told in September by PF that he was paying to have his fiance murdered. Let that sink in for a minute, that was nearly 2 and a half months before he actually murdered her. In that nearly 90 days, 2160 minutes KK couldn't go to LE because she was being threatened by some momma's boy farrier/dog trainer/handyman two states away? Really? And although she was too afraid to go to LE she told a friend who was employed in an atty's office? And then so fearful that she traveled 1600 miles to get a phone, spend two or three days with this man she was deathly afraid of, and transported a phone for him and most likely sent emails to cover up his crime and then continued to go about her normal life. She didn't pack up her kids and try to run??? I mean after all, this big scary man killed his fiance and certainly didn't need any loose ends, and had already threatened her and her children with the words "disappear" and she didn't even change her stinking hair color to make it a little more difficult for him to find her? Bull-honkey.
No, she's a pageant girl, used to competing against women and winning. She grinds her competitors into the dust, she doesn't run away afraid. And there is nothing in her actions that speaks of fear, it all screams manipulation and the desire to grind her competitor KB into dust. 2160 minutes she had to run, go to the police, make an anonymous phone call. 1600 miles of driving with a phone that she knew belonged to a murdered woman and she executed her plan.
The only thing she's scared of is that butt looks bad in her courtroom videos.
I LOVE how you said that!! Yes, that's exactly how I feel about her! As I've said before, can't wait for PF's attorney to go after her. I KNOW he did it and he deserves to be where he is. But she wanted it just as much. Anything she's trying to "pretend" now is just to cover her a$$.

I'm seriously hoping there are "extraordinary aggravating factors" that will see her serve 3 years. She deserves no less. MOO

We actually do finally have enough evidence to declare our feelings about this woman. She plead guilty.

Her morals, values and ethics are not acceptable. Is she a horrid person- yes, on this parameter. On other parameters who knows? Maybe she was a good mother, but I would argue, a good mom does not allow another mother to be murdered if she can do anything about it. Nor do something that could mean she is in jail and not there for her kids.

Kids at risk- BS. Lots of relatives and friends she could have sent them to, to protect them if needed.

I could go on and on. But I don't need to. She plead guilty
Especially since she blabbed to her BFF, but not LE,or FBI.
I'm not buying the he threatened her life,her kids blah blah blah.
I think she wanted Kelsey out of the way but didn't want to get her own hands dirty. So she was more than happy for PF to do it,or get someone else to do it.
That way she could squeak by, and throw PF completely under the bus.
Can't wait till she has to take the stand in a court of law.

I'm not setting up a straw man argument at all.
I'm merely replying to what you said here:
"Lhughessk said:
Because she was in a relationship with - your words again - a bully and a control freak? Anyway, let’s dont get sidetracked by that example. It was a minor thing to make a larger point, and others may not get the context. I’m not in any way saying KB should have done anything differently than what she did so let’s be clear on that."

And stating that I disagree.
MOO

Moving on.

Nobody here has forgot about what PF has done In my opinion! He will be scrutanized and rightfully so as more details come out at his next hearing. Today was KK first day in court and I think thats why a lot of the conversation is focused on her role today. I for one think KK has earned all the criticism that she has recieved....MOO

Ha! Exactly.

Look, we don’t know exactly how this would play out if KK did the right thing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pass judgement on her for what she failed to do, and what she admitted to doing.

If it is EVER ok for someone to take no action when someone’s life is on the line, then sorry, I don’t find that remotely acceptable.

Can you imagine how many more people would be dead in plots like this, if everyone just kept quiet and blamed it on fear?!

Inaction may be easier, but when a life is on the line, the cost is too damn great.
Well said and completely agree. And NOT to act is an action too. Hopefully more people will choose to act when lives are in danger.

I thought she looked fine. But its irrelevant; she'll never be judged by a jury. She is getting one hell of a deal in my opinion. I fully believe that she went to Colorado knowing KB was going to be killed and took the phone (and likely purse) as part of that plan. She also obviously is the one that sent the text messages. That she is getting off so easily tells me that the prosecution badly needs her testimony. I do not believe she knows where KB's remains are, although she may have given LE some ideas of where she could be.
What you have just written is chilling. Sounds like the prosecution may not do so well? I hate for the prosecution to badly need her. Her character would not hold up as a court witness. IMO

I LOVE how you said that!! Yes, that's exactly how I feel about her! As I've said before, can't wait for PF's attorney to go after her. I KNOW he did it and he deserves to be where he is. But she wanted it just as much. Anything she's trying to "pretend" now is just to cover her a$$.

I'm seriously hoping there are "extraordinary aggravating factors" that will see her serve 3 years. She deserves no less. MOO
We still haven't heard from PF. If he talks and there's more to the story, this could end up going very badly for her.

Just reading her body language today she would occasionally look at the camera and glare. The 9 news video I just watched upthread is a great example. She comes across as being very angry at the police, the media, the public. Defiance is never a good look. I just feel she was very jealous of KB. If you have ever been involved with someone who you thought you loved that was involved with another person you KNOW you compared yourself to your competition. I think it’s human nature. Let’s face it KB was beautiful, tiny, intelligent and had a good solid job. In addition KB had one thing KK didn’t. She had PFs baby. I know jealousy had to be playing a big part in KKs motive to help PF with that phone. They have come up with the defense that she was scared of PF. She didn’t look scared today. She looked angry. Every bit of my hinky meter is going off the chart that she is not being truthful. If a man will kill what would stop him for blaming her for the whole thing? He may say she did it and he was afraid of her. JMO.

The details of the plea deal are sealed, so we really don’t know how good or not good a deal she got. The DA said it would be more clear why they did what they did come Feb 19 so I can’t wait for that date. Hopefully his PD attorney will talk sense into him and there will be a quick guilty plea. Handwriting on the wall, etc

I'm eager to hear what happens in PF's Preliminary Hearing on the 19th too.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members