Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
New video presented during Friday's bail reduction hearing for Beatrice Sampayo -- baby King Jay Davila's grandmother -- shows her buying groceries and cigarettes after taking part in a suspected staged kidnapping.

During the hearing, prosecutor Samantha Dimaio played three videos that show Sampayo, 65, and her niece, Angie Torres, 45, entering a convenience store.

Prosecutors: Sampayo is 'a liar'
"What we have is a pattern of behavior of this defendant (Sampayo) of just basically being a liar, and using her lies to cover up crimes," prosecutor Samantha Dimaio said in court Friday. "(Sampayo) has graduated for lying for her son (Christopher Davila) for theft, and burglary, and arson to now homicide."

Video shows King Jay's grandmother, her niece buying cigarettes, groceries after staged kidnapping

New video presented during Friday's bail reduction hearing for Beatrice Sampayo -- baby King Jay Davila's grandmother -- shows her buying groceries and cigarettes after taking part in a suspected staged kidnapping.

During the hearing, prosecutor Samantha Dimaio played three videos that show Sampayo, 65, and her niece, Angie Torres, 45, entering a convenience store.

Prosecutors: Sampayo is 'a liar'
"What we have is a pattern of behavior of this defendant (Sampayo) of just basically being a liar, and using her lies to cover up crimes," prosecutor Samantha Dimaio said in court Friday. "(Sampayo) has graduated for lying for her son (Christopher Davila) for theft, and burglary, and arson to now homicide."

Video shows King Jay's grandmother, her niece buying cigarettes, groceries after staged kidnapping
I can’t believe they lowered her bond. If she only has 6 months to live it should be in jail. The video clearly shows she isn’t that bedridden dying woman she is claiming to be. Ugghhh. I hate this family. MOO

Here's an updated (in red) description on when everyone is due in court:

*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – *Christopher Davila (34) “father” arrested & charged (1/5/19) & indicted (1/11/19) with child endangerment & tampering with evidence. $750K bond (endrgmt $500K, tampering $250K).
Was released on 1/5/19 on bail when only charged w/child endangerment.
Rearrested & charged (1/11/19) with felony charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury - omission, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. $1.25M Bond.
Tried to stage a fake kidnapping. Police Chief William McManus said Davila was pressured by the evidence against him & ultimately confessed to burying his son in an open field. Investigators later found the burial site near Davila's Northeast Side home & recovered the baby's body on 1/10/19.
First Appearance on 1/11/19. DA will be filing new charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 3/7/19 for both charges.
2/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 2/27 & 3/7.
*Angie Torres (45) (Davila’s cousin) arrested (1/6/19) for aggravated robbery, indicted (1/11/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond.
Torres, was arrested after she allegedly attempted to shoplift a pack of razors from a Dollar General store, then attacked an employee who confronted her about the theft. In the process of investigating the robbery, police identified Torres, 45, as the woman from the surveillance video stealing the car. Confessed to crime.
2/9/19 Update: Tampering pretrial hearings on 2/19 & 2/28; robbery pretrial hearings on 2/26, 2/28 & 3/6.

*Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) arrested & charged (1/10/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K.
Beatrice had been the one who drove Torres to the gas station so that she could pretend to abduct King Jay & dispose of the car seat. Torres told authorities that Beatrice Davila had disclosed to her that King Jay had been severely injured by the baby’s father. Both women now face charges of tampering with evidence.
2/8/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6.

Last edited:
SAN ANTONIO - The death of 8-month-old King Jay Davila has been ruled a homicide by "blunt force injuries," the Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office said Friday.

The ruling comes three weeks after San Antonio police found King Jay's body in a backpack buried in an open field near the home of the baby's father, Christopher Davila.

On Jan. 10, Christopher Davila, 34, admitted to detectives he buried his son and took investigators to the burial site, which is less than a mile from his last known address in the 5800 block of Castle Brook Drive.

King Jay Davila's death caused by 'blunt force injuries,' ME says
So very sad and sorry to hear little King's death was worse than I'd even expected. The depravity and evil in CD is beyond words.

There seems to be evil and dysfunction in the entire family and poor Baby K was born into that without a real chance. These babies are so innocent that the only relief I get from the despair I feel in these cases is knowing they are in a better place now, far away from the pain and the monsters who've harmed them.

Now Texas, do you what you do best.....stick it to these awful human beings.

JMO

So very sad and sorry to hear little King's death was worse than I'd even expected. The depravity and evil in CD is beyond words.

There seems to be evil and dysfunction in the entire family and poor Baby K was born into that without a real chance. These babies are so innocent that the only relief I get from the despair I feel in these cases is knowing they are in a better place now, far away from the pain and the monsters who've harmed them.

Now Texas, do you what you do best.....stick it to these awful human beings.

JMO
Sadly, it's generations of abuse in this family!

Grandmother's father allegedly attempted to burn her (and siblings) alive until rescued by firefighter.
Baby King Jay's death is 'tearing us apart,' his great-uncle says

*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – *Christopher Davila (34) “father” arrested & charged (1/5/19) & indicted (1/11/19) with child endangerment & tampering with evidence. $750K bond (endrgmt $500K, tampering $250K).
Rearrested & charged (1/11/19) with felony charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury - omission, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. $1.25M Bond.
Tried to stage a fake kidnapping. Police Chief William McManus said Davila was pressured by the evidence against him & ultimately confessed to burying his son in an open field. Investigators later found the burial site near Davila's Northeast Side home & recovered the baby's body on 1/10/19.
First Appearance on 1/11/19. DA will be filing new charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 3/7/19 for both charges.
*Angie Torres (45) (Davila’s cousin) arrested (1/6/19) for aggravated robbery, indicted (1/11/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond.
Torres, was arrested after she allegedly attempted to shoplift a pack of razors from a Dollar General store, then attacked an employee who confronted her about the theft. In the process of investigating the robbery, police identified Torres, 45, as the woman from the surveillance video stealing the car. Confessed to crime.
2/9/19 Update: Tampering pretrial hearings on 2/19 & 2/28; robbery pretrial hearings on 2/26, 2/28 & 3/6.

*Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) arrested & charged (1/10/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K.
Beatrice had been the one who drove Torres to the gas station so that she could pretend to abduct King Jay & dispose of the car seat. Torres told authorities that Beatrice Davila had disclosed to her that King Jay had been severely injured by the baby’s father. Both women now face charges of tampering with evidence.
2/8/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6.
@Niner - do you know if BSD made bail even after reduction? I was unable to locate any of the parties with inmate search but I also believe they are all in segregation. TIA.

Am I reading this correctly - no charge of homocide?

No homicide charge but CD's 1/11/19 felony charge of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury definition includes ... creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death... At this time, I believe this charge is what fits the States evidence. Praying Dad receives the maximum 99 year sentence this charge carries.

No homicide charge but CD's 1/11/19 felony charge of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury definition includes ... creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death... At this time, I believe this charge is what fits the States evidence. Praying Dad receives the maximum 99 year sentence this charge carries.
Oh Seattle1, I hope he never sees the light of day as a free man again.

Sadly, it's generations of abuse in this family!

Grandmother's father allegedly attempted to burn her (and siblings) alive until rescued by firefighter.
Baby King Jay's death is 'tearing us apart,' his great-uncle says
OMG, it was hard reading that article. But it does illustrate what you said about how dysfunction trickles down through generations. The utter disregard for a person's life in this family's history is so alien to me that I struggle to put myself into their shoes so to speak in order to understand what happened to baby King Jay. I'm not sure I'm able to.

IMO we all know stories of people who overcame almost insurmountable odds and who managed to break out of the dysfunction that they came from. Why can some people recognize that they need to change while others continue to walk the same path? Sigh.

@Niner - do you know if BSD made bail even after reduction? I was unable to locate any of the parties with inmate search but I also believe they are all in segregation. TIA.

Here's what the court site has. The location is JAL - don't know if that is an abbreviation for JAIL - ?? And the docket part doesn't really say if she has been released.

Date Description
2/13/2019 PRE-HEARING SET D227

2/8/2019 REFERRED TO CLM AWHC BND 9:30
2/8/2019 CASE HANDLD M.A.C. AWHC BND HRD
2/8/2019 BOND DECREASE 50000.00 0000000
2/8/2019 BY ORDERS OF JUDGE CARRUTHERS

link: https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseD...rice&m=&&p=1_056146+++++++++CM++1887488100000

BUT!! then I found a page for the bond:

Bond #1817733 Defendant's Name: SAMPAYO, BEATRICE
Bond Date: 2/8/2019
Bond Type: Licensed Surety
Court: CM
Case Number: 056146
Bond Amount: $50,000.00
Offense: 480220
Bond: MAD 1211 2/8/2019 BOND MADE

link: Bond detail: 1817733

And I'm guessing - it says Bond: MADE. So she "might" be out.

I believe I read "somewhere" they are waiting the autopsy report, and then maybe that murder charge will go into effect!

Here's what the court site has. The location is JAL - don't know if that is an abbreviation for JAIL - ?? And the docket part doesn't really say if she has been released.

Date Description

link: https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseD...rice&m=&&p=1_056146+++++++++CM++1887488100000

I believe I read "somewhere" they are waiting the autopsy report, and then maybe that murder charge will go into effect!
You ROCK @Niner -- thank you!
Bexar County has a nice online system.

Date Description

Thanks for keeping us updated with these court reports niner. For all the cases you do this for.

Thanks for keeping us updated with these court reports niner. For all the cases you do this for.

your-welcome3.gif

@Seattle1 - here's our answer:

VIDEO: King Jay's grandmother released from jail after posting bond

SAN ANTONIO - Less than 48 hours after a San Antonio judge approved a bail reduction for Beatrice Sampayo, baby King Jay's grandmother, she was released from custody Sunday morning.
[.....]
According to online records, Sampayo had been in the process of being released after posting surety for the reduced bond.

An official told KSAT that while Sampayo may have posted the bond that day, she was being held until she was outfitted with an ankle monitor.

@Seattle1 - here's our answer:

VIDEO: King Jay's grandmother released from jail after posting bond

SAN ANTONIO - Less than 48 hours after a San Antonio judge approved a bail reduction for Beatrice Sampayo, baby King Jay's grandmother, she was released from custody Sunday morning.
[.....]
According to online records, Sampayo had been in the process of being released after posting surety for the reduced bond.

An official told KSAT that while Sampayo may have posted the bond that day, she was being held until she was outfitted with an ankle monitor.
How disappointing, but not really unexpected I guess. :(

Wednesday, February 13th:
*Pretrial Hearing (see below) (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – *Christopher Davila (34) “father” arrested & charged (1/5/19) & indicted (1/11/19) with child endangerment & tampering with evidence. $750K bond (endrgmt $500K, tampering $250K).

Torres, was arrested after she allegedly attempted to shoplift a pack of razors from a Dollar General store, then attacked an employee who confronted her about the theft. In the process of investigating the robbery, police identified Torres as the woman from the surveillance video stealing the car. Confessed to crime.

Only for *Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) arrested & charged (1/10/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K. Released (2/10/19) on bond with ankle monitor.
2/9/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Released on bond (2/10/19 with ankle monitoring. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member