CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I have this right?:

PF had originally retained the service of a private attorney but now he has a public defender?

KK has retained the services of a private attorney with a very good reputation.
Could anyone chime in here and advise the average cost KK would need to pay this esteemed attorney?

AFAIK KK's attorney is not doing it pro bono?
I'm just curious to know what the approximate cost could run into for KK being billed by the hour, which, is what I assume her prestigious attorney is charging her?

MOO
Some attorney's work pro bono, an attorney may chose to do this in a high profile case. It helps get their name out there.

Why would you assume they didn't put together the worst collection of charges possible? Of course they did because that gives them the most leverage to get her to talk.

Prosecution isn't out there to let people off the hook, if anything they want the piper paid. (based on my experience with youth at juvenile court)

My sense is that they were most worried about getting Frazee and may have given away the store (on her) to secure her testimony and get whatever info out of her that they could.

Since we don't don't know anything about the particulars of the deal she was cut, there's no way of knowing what they threatened her with with, in terms of potential charges. That we ended up with "tampering" and something from probation to minimal prison time, it doesn't seem like many others charges were ever on the table.

Me, neither. They were 800 miles apart. KK has 2 kids. PF has 1. She has a life in ID, he has one in CO. I'm not seeing the two of them living together as one big, happy family, even if PF would have simply broken up with KB, as he should have done if he wasn't content. Exactly how would that work? Where would they live?

I agree with most of the above. But IIRC, KK and PF have a child together. Am I remembering correctly?

OOPS---I thought it was a factual report. I must be out of the loop.

Last edited:
Local news from Twin Falls

"CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. — A Magic Valley woman said Friday that she helped thwart an investigation into the disappearance of a Colorado woman who authorities believe was killed by her fiance, but her motive and the nature of her relationship with the suspected killer remains a mystery. She also agreed to testify against him at his murder trial."

UPDATE: Magic Valley woman pleads guilty to tampering with evidence in Colorado

So weird that that there's not one comment on that article. I haven't seen any local news outlet articles with comments from locals.

Remember the Moorers? They weren't supposed to speak publicly but had others posting on social media in their stead from the get-go.

I expect KK will have many out there telling what a great girl she is and how she was used by PF. Step right up and place your bets here, folks!

Flying monkeys come to mind.

And we don't know what damage (if any) was done to PF's brain from at least one kick in the head from a horse he was shoeing or from being bucked off a horse.
imo.

Study Links Brain Injuries to "Acquired Sociopathy"(2017)
https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/these-types-of-head-injuries-could-increase-your-risk-of-committing-a-crime

About 30 years ago, I read a book titled "Serial Killers", by some shrink or crime expert who had worked with several. IIRC, he said something like 90%+ of serial killers had had head injuries.

Fair enough but please help me out, here, as I've twice asked about this with no responses:

Had the prosecution combed through the Colorado criminal code, don't you think there's a good chance that she could have been charged with several (maybe four or five) crimes, assuring she wouldn't get off so lightly in a deal? I realize things have to be given up in a plea deal but if she'd been charged with more, they could have still offered a reduction in charges & punishment while still assuring she did some real time.

I don't know what the statutes are. I'm not a lawyer. However, I see a few things that might be very illegal that she might have been charged with. Some things that come to mind, in addition to the tampering charge:

Accessory after the fact.
Obstruction of justice.
Destruction of evidence.
Stealing evidence.
Taking evidence across state lines.
Impersonating KB for nefarious purposes.
Wire or telecom fraud for the texts.
Etc.

Any of that stuff in the criminal code or anything along those lines or similar? My point being, you've got this accomplice that you need to dish on Frazee, in order to get him but you want her punished, too, so you pile on everything you legitimately can in order to be able to drop some of those charges for a "deal", she faces reduced time and is still motivated to testify but still goes to prison. IOW, in some deal she may get her potential prison time reduced by half but still goes away for at least five years (or along those lines).

This remains to be seen. Each of the crimes you mention has multiple elements to be met before a conviction can be secured by the DA. This is why I say we have to wait and see what exactly he had to work with in terms of her involvement and the evidence before we ask why he gave her the deal he did. And he hinted we’d know more by 2/19.

I completely agree!

Why do you think others believe KK was the "instigator," "mastermind," and that PF killed for her? I don't think PF does for anybody but himself -- he even deprived his daughter of her own mother.

It’s natural in these types of cases for opinion about involvement to shift and sway as evidence comes to light. Right now we know about what she did. But he’s been dead silent. So people start to wonder if there are alternate explanations. In this case, I’d be willing to bet my dog that he’s the mastermind, not her.

I am seriously guessing that the solicitations were in writing such as texts/email or verbal phone calls/voice mail, etc because law enforcement knows about them. A solicitation is not the same as a friendly "I may kill my girlfriend tonight." The prosecution cannot have it both ways. They cannot charge solicitations involving KK but say she knows nothing about his plans plus participate in evidence tampering.

And they certainly wouldn’t have charged them on her word alone. 100% there’s incontrovertible evidence of it.

Do you have any thoughts on why she wasn't arrested at the outset?

Because she plead to the tampering charge, does that absolutely mean she was given immunity on any others?

I’d have to see what others were even considered before I could answer that. I think she’s just been cooperating from day one and so they didn’t arrest her. Then she was summoned to appear for a class six felony, which doesn’t require an arrest.

Sure, he could’ve had her shackled and carried into court. But the perception of her appearing on her own is also far more unnerving to PF and the defense, as it shows unity and cooperation.

A question for @riolove77 or @gitana1, KK said she was pleading guilty to moving KB's phone in Colorado, but didn't mention anything beyond that. If KK did transport the phone to ID and send txt msgs from there, would that have to be taken up in ID? Or would CO be able to levy charges in respect to any further actions that contributed to the tampering of evidence outside of CO?

It would still be Colorado’s jurisdiction because it was in furtherance of the original crime.

Having said that, I believe that statement was carefully crafted vaguely for a reason. We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong