Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if the police were releasing it, they'd have released it to all media outlets. ITV News made a point of saying "This CCTV footage, obtained exclusively by ITV News, captures activity around a car in Hull minutes before Libby Squire was last seen." (BBM). I don't think this had anything to do with the police. ITV News on Twitter
If true, I'm surprised it's not somehow criminal.

I think that if the police were releasing it, they'd have released it to all media outlets. ITV News made a point of saying "This CCTV footage, obtained exclusively by ITV News, captures activity around a car in Hull minutes before Libby Squire was last seen." (BBM). I don't think this had anything to do with the police. ITV News on Twitter

So then its a red herring from ITV??

It seems slightly poor that ITV actually got the footage then rather than the police ? The police knew about the bench from the start to go and recover cctv from anywhere remotely in that area ..... but itv got it instead ?

Or MSM bought the footage and then conferred with the police as to how much of it they could show.

Regarding these two CCTV released - I think of the later Sun footage was from journalists knocking on doors trying to get a scoop and all they had was some 'possibly' unconnected CCTV. The ITV one imo is useful but at the moment I disregard the Sun one. (could be wrong of course, often am)

JMO
I think what happens and I dont have a good way to stop it unless LE wants to use some funding to prevent it is that the public initially does the right thing and turns over their tapes to LE but keeps a copy and then they realize well hey I could make a lot of money off this video and a quick call to the likes of DM confirms they may as well get some needed cash for their good deed. Frankly I dont blame them and I think the only way to keep it in LE hands only is if LE begins paying people to not re-release what they are sharing with LE.

JMO of course as I am sure some people that dont need the money may just give whatever they have to LE only.

Thanks, Kolumbo. So the Heathcote neighbour's house can't back onto Libby's house by the looks of things.

Wrong. We don't know which side of the Heathcote she lives on but her back garden could easily back onto Libby's back garden. And if she lives on the opposite side (as I suspect, as she thought the noise was in front of her house) she still could have heard it. Look at Libbys house on this map, I believe it's the one next door to the Transporter8 pin, with a conservatory and outbuilding. The back garden gate leads to a small alley, which also backs onto Heathcote Street. Hope I've explained that well enough.

Google Maps

Libby’s home : how can you get to the back of her house , does it have a garden , is there access from the back or is there a side gate to garden at the front ?

Just thinking if she coherent enough to tell him she was locked out (if we think she’d lost her key) would he offer to try and help her get in her house through a back window ?

I've mentioned this a lot of times.

Yes there is a back garden, yes it has a wooden gate, yes that gate leads to a back alley you can drive up.

At first I thought the scream / bang came from that. Maybe she explained she was locked out and he offered to help her get in at the back. Maybe that's where it all went wrong. And maybe he shoved her back in the car and drove to the park. The witness screams seem to be in the wrong order but allowing for time uncertainty it could have happened that way.

I thought the police had the CCTV from a week ago?

They obtained the CCTV last Sunday but kept it under wraps as they frantically pieced together the car’s movements before and after Libby disappeared.

The Sun was aware of the crucial development before the arrest but agreed not to publish details.

Shop owner and dad-of-two Mohammed Burhan, 66, told how his cameras picked up a car driving along Newlands Avenue the night Libby vanished.

He told The Sun: “The police have been into all of the shops along here asking for CCTV footage over a particular timeframe.

“They came into my shop and have taken the video from three of my cameras.

“I hope my CCTV can in some way help the police find Libby and discover what has happened.”

Libby was seen on the bench close to her home on Wellesley Avenue at 11.45pm last Thursday.

The Haworth Street footage was captured by cameras overlooking steel gates to an electrical firm.

Staff checked it after Libby was reported missing and alerted cops.

But workers there are fuming detectives took so long to reveal it.

One said: “We couldn’t understand why it wasn’t published straight away by the police.

“If it was my daughter I would have it everywhere.

“Surely they have had enough time to examine it, obtain the licence plate and do checks to find out where it went.

"Time is of the essence. They always talk about the golden hour in investigations. They’ve had nearly a week.”

CCTV footage emerges of last sighting of missing Libby Squire 'in car with man'

Wow all days its taken me to catch up with the posts from overnight and this morning. Do you guys not sleep?

So if police are stating man in the cctv isn't PR then what is the significance??....
I don't think the police are saying that, and I can't see any point in the CCTV release if it isn't him. I believe that this footage shows Libby entering a variety the suspect, to which he has apparently admitted anyhow.

Wow all days its taken me to catch up with the posts from overnight and this morning. Do you guys not sleep?

So if police are stating man in the cctv isn't PR then what is the significance??....

The police haven't said that. The only source for that (that I know of) is the Daily Mail from a couple of days ago.

EDIT I just googled "although he is not thought to be the man in the CCTV" and it brought up only TWO hits. One is the Daily Mail article, the other is this thread! Basically, nobody else is reporting that statement.

Last edited:
It seems slightly poor that ITV actually got the footage then rather than the police ? The police knew about the bench from the start to go and recover cctv from anywhere remotely in that area ..... but itv got it instead ?

As I learnt in the Corrie McKeague case, the Police are so understaffed in the UK now that they don't have time to get hold of all CCTV despite what they tell you, IMO

According to The Sun article, the police have had the CCTV footage since last Sunday. The media were also aware of the footage and asked to hold it back so as not to impact the case.

So I think the police have known as in “yes you can publish it but please hold it back for a few days”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member