Brown Widow Spiders

AHH, EW! I just got the heeby jeebies, thanks for sharing. I don't get close enough to spiders to look at their markings. I make my husband kill them, or if I'm by myself, they get Windexed. Stupid spiders. Jerks.

We've started using hair spray too-especially for the pesky flies that sometimes get in the house.

Goodness, these little spiders can cause so much harm. I had no idea.

I hope everyone continues healing here. :blowkiss:

okay, you guys are so good, maybe someone can give thoughts on what this might be. I know the pics aren't that great, but I took them just in case it gets worse and he needs to go to the dr.'s
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/missiemt/trip282.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/missiemt/trip281.jpg

and this one is a side vies, so you can see how raised this one is:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/missiemt/trip283.jpg

Okay, my first thought when I saw your bite, was a deer tick bite. Go to google.com, click on images, and look up deer tick bites - see if any of those pictures look like what you have.

How long has it been there? Is it getting worse???

I live in Florida and have the outside of my house sprayed every other month and have had no problems with any time of small creepy crawling creatures.

Thanks everyone. It does itch him a little he said. I just cleaned them with anitbacterial soap then put some bactitracin on them and covered the whole area with gauze. Hopefully that will put any germ spreading and urges to itch at bay until he can be seen.

I'm getting itchy, and I swear, my arm is beginning to swell up, just from reading this thread!!!!!.............................naw, just kidding.

I'll share one of my spider experiences. During my school years, I worked at a local cannery during the summers. Spent a lot of time, out in the yard there....where the trucks carrying all of the fruit would be unloaded. A lot of those fruit boxes---"lugs", as called them, spent the winter out alongside some farmer's orchard, or field. When they finally made it back to the cannery, they frequently had spiders in them, and it seemed like they were mostly black widow spiders. When we dumped the fruit we always wore heavy leather gloves--I can't begin to tell you how many 100's of black widow spiders I killed just by grabbing my end of the "lug."

The largest black widow I saw during those summers had a body the size of a good-sized grape; it was enormous. Must have been a very successful female to grow that big.

Okay, my first thought when I saw your bite, was a deer tick bite. Go to google.com, click on images, and look up deer tick bites - see if any of those pictures look like what you have.

I live in Florida and have the outside of my house sprayed every other month and have had no problems with any time of small creepy crawling creatures.
poco, did you have to mention lyme disease???

Amazing to find this thread here today! On Saturday I got a small bite at the top of my cheekbone, by the outer edge of my eye. It would itch off and on intensly, and then I would feel little stab of pain all for several hours. I put lemon juice on it as they say that takes the poisin out.

On Wed I woke up with an earache. Today I still have that earache and feel so nauseous I am not working. It is an agrivating discomfort. The bite isn't red, just a little puff around it. I am sure it was from some little spider, and don't know what to do. I was driving in my car when I felt it start to itch like crazy! I can't see going to the doctor for this, so I thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas.

Jeana, I am so thankful your hubby is OK. What an ordeal!
And MissieMt, I hope your son will be OK too. Glad he has you for a mom. ;}

Scandi

It probably will eventually go away, but you probably need to be on some type of antibiotic.

BTW, if a brown recluse bites you, you will know it, no need to ask anyone any questions -----

poco, did you have to mention lyme disease???

I didn't say a word about LYME disease - where do you see the word LYME? I said Deer Tick Bite!!!

My first husband had/has Lyme's disease. He was in the hospital for weeks.

That was a very good suggestion and I did some research. It doesn't look like he's displaying the symptoms they list. We have our yard and inside the house sprayed too, and w've never had a problem with ticks. These b"blisters are on his lower leg and I help him put his shoes on everyday and have never noticed a tick. He's had these blisters since this morning. I'm gonna go research some more.

okay, you guys are so good, maybe someone can give thoughts on what this might be. I know the pics aren't that great, but I took them just in case it gets worse and he needs to go to the dr.'s
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/missiemt/trip282.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/missiemt/trip281.jpg

and this one is a side vies, so you can see how raised this one is:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/missiemt/trip283.jpg

I would take him in. It looks just like chicken pox but there are other poxes. Hopefully it is nothing serious but it's better to be safe as they say.

What a horrible awful thread. I am scared to death of spiders. For the longest time I denied it and used to say I just thought they were 'yucky' - kind of how I wouldn't touch dog poo either. All the time I knew I was just plain old scared. And still I had to open it.... kind of like watching a train wreck. I wish whoever said that about swallowing spiders while we sleep hadn't said that.... I'll be sleepless all night at least! :shock:
You and me both. I have seriously had feelings of something crawling on me while reading this thread and theres nothing there.:p I have arachnophobia soooo bad , Spiders creap me out. Ok enough talk about spiders I have to get off this thread.:eek:

I would take him in. It looks just like chicken pox but there are other poxes. Hopefully it is nothing serious but it's better to be safe as they say.
I'm gonna take him in tomorrow, but I don't think it's chicken pox. He's been immunized for them, and he's up to date on all other immunizations. What other "pox" are there? I only know of chicken and small pox-so now you have me interested! These aren't spreading or anything, but it's only been 14 hours since we noticed them.

I'm gonna take him in tomorrow, but I don't think it's chicken pox. He's been immunized for them, and he's up to date on all other immunizations. What other "pox" are there? I only know of chicken and small pox-so now you have me interested! These aren't spreading or anything, but it's only been 14 hours since we noticed them.

Even if you have been given the chicken pox shot, you can still get a less serious case of them! We found that out with my younger children.

I had heard that it was better not to get the shot, and go through the real thing early. You would then be less likely to get "shingles" later on in life this way.

I guess we'll find out in about 20 years if that's true or not.

Page w/info and some pics:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007065.htm
"The vaccine is highly effective for the prevention of chickenpox. However, a small number of people will still get chickenpox, despite having received the vaccine. Such cases are generally milder than those seen in unvaccinated people."

This thread should be renamed "plagues". :D

OMG, I feel so stupid! I discovered it is an abcessed tooth, and not from the bite on my cheek :D I went to lay down as I was feeling ill and rather scared after reading 2 pages here, started poking around by my ear and then my neck and then suddenly tasted what I know is a tell tale sign of an abcess.

Suddenly I feel soooo much better. Took 3 Emperins, and now don't have to worry about that part of my face turning black!~ Whew

Scandi

This thread should be renamed "plagues". :D
Plagues, and all things painful, itchy, or gross. Ouch-Scandi, I hope you feel better soon!!

missie i would take him to the dr. it may be impetigo. its caused by the same virus that causes strep. i'll send u a pic of those blisters. if he is not feeling sick no real need for you to worry much.

only a real doctor can know for sure what he has. i wish you the best of luck with it.
This is exactly what I was going to guess. Looks just like impetigo. Which is very contagious.

One other quick warning.
My gf kept getting what looked like spider bites on her arm. Didn't pay much attention until she got ill.
Long story short, they were not bug or spider bites at all, it was MRSA.
Many of you are very familiar with this, I know a few of you have dealt with it personally. But for those of you that are not familiar,here's a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methicillin-resistant_Staphylococcus_aureus

Anyway she has been hospitalized off and on over the past few years due to MRSA. It always starts the same for her, looking like a cuople little bug bites.

OMG, I feel so stupid! I discovered it is an abcessed tooth, and not from the bite on my cheek :D I went to lay down as I was feeling ill and rather scared after reading 2 pages here, started poking around by my ear and then my neck and then suddenly tasted what I know is a tell tale sign of an abcess.

Suddenly I feel soooo much better. Took 3 Emperins, and now don't have to worry about that part of my face turning black!~ Whew

Scandi

Poor Scandi. I had an abcess last year and it was worse than giving birth the natural way. I'm glad it's not one of these spider bites though. Get better!

One other quick warning.
My gf kept getting what looked like spider bites on her arm. Didn't pay much attention until she got ill.
Long story short, they were not bug or spider bites at all, it was MRSA.
Many of you are very familiar with this, I know a few of you have dealt with it personally. But for those of you that are not familiar,here's a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methicillin-resistant_Staphylococcus_aureus

Anyway she has been hospitalized off and on over the past few years due to MRSA. It always starts the same for her, looking like a cuople little bug bites.

Good heavens!

I think I'm skipping this thread for the rest of tonight, or I'll never be able to sleep. That sounds like something horrible to go through. My heart goes out to anyone here that has suffered through that.

have you tried benedryl??? sometimes, Gwhen my son gets a bug bite it helps immensely with the itching - and usually helps get rid of the bite -
one time - about thirty two years ago - i had just gotten out of the doctor's office with a prescription for benedryl - back in ye olde days it was considered a class V narcotic lol - available only by scription - so i had gotten it filled and was walking home - bout a twenty minute walk - and debating on when i should take one - then, or after getting home - because i knew it could make me drowsy. being the risk taker i was - i took one - twenty minutes later i was home - all of a sudden i started having trouble breathing - and was blacking out all over the pl ace.........finally totally passing out from lack of oxygen because my throat was all swollen - a few minutes later i came to - throat was back to normal size and I could breathe again ...and i felt this intense itching on the back of my neck - i reached around and felt the biggest insect bite i have ever experienced - but at the same time it was shrinking in size ....
i figured it out - if i hadn't taken the benedryl when i did i would have been dead. never did figure out what kind of bugit was.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back