CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be helpful to know his state of mind when sending those texts. I haven't read any interviews or articles quoting the girl with whom he was last seen. Surely she could give some insight into his state of mind when they parted. Were drugs involved? Could he have been high on something, hallucinating, not in his right mind and not able to make good judgments? Is that why he parked where he did and texted her instead of calling police? Why hasn't more info been released about the girl's accounts of the night? She is the last person to have seen him alive, after all. I would think her testimony would be crucial to the case. Has it been proven that they really parted ways when she said they did?

It would be helpful to know his state of mind when sending those texts. I haven't read any interviews or articles quoting the girl with whom he was last seen. Surely she could give some insight into his state of mind when they parted. Were drugs involved? Could he have been high on something, hallucinating, not in his right mind and not able to make good judgments? Is that why he parked where he did and texted her instead of calling police? Why hasn't more info been released about the girl's accounts of the night? She is the last person to have seen him alive, after all. I would think her testimony would be crucial to the case. Has it been proven that they really parted ways when she said they did?
Hopefully the police have all the info from her and they are just keeping it close to the vest.

Hopefully the police have all the info from her and they are just keeping it close to the vest.

Yeah, hopefully, but if that's the case, it would indicate they suspect a crime took place. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of keeping information confidential that may help solve a case? If they believe it to be a case of accidental death, then why the secrecy?

You’ve hit the nail on the head. I’d love to know those answers as well. I feel like we only have half the story. I understand that it MAY not help us to find him, but it would help us to understand his state of mind. It’s puzzling. jmo

I don't believe this article from Jan. 31 has been posted before.

Family still searching for missing son | The Acorn

A private investigator hired to find a Simi Valley man last seen in the Santa Monica Mountains said he doesn’t believe there’s a connection between his client and Anthony Rauda, the man charged this month in the death of a camper at Malibu Creek State Park.
Weaver’s parents...have posted hundreds of photographs and GPS data of the Santa Monica Mountains area where Weaver was last seen in hopes receiving a tip from the public. A $50,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to Weaver’s whereabouts.
The photographs, taken by a drone flying over the general area where Weaver was last seen, can be viewed at matthewweaver.tips.

If you read back in this thread the girl admitted they did coke and smoked weed - so I think that once his car got stuck at the end of the trail he fell asleep in his car for a couple hours (7am-11am no movement), woke up, realized he’s still stuck, started walking back to the road to get help, as he’s walking he called and sent those message and when he sent “some crazy *advertiser censored* is going on” is probably when saw those people walking toward him(people on surveillance camera) and something happened. And then who knows from there.

If you read back in this thread the girl admitted they did coke and smoked weed - so I think that once his car got stuck at the end of the trail he fell asleep in his car for a couple hours (7am-11am no movement), woke up, realized he’s still stuck, started walking back to the road to get help, as he’s walking he called and sent those message and when he sent “some crazy **** is going on” is probably when saw those people walking toward him(people on surveillance camera) and something happened. And then who knows from there.

I see... I thought I had read the whole thread but I must have missed the parts about doing coke and people on surveillance walking toward him. Could you link me to the posts or direct me to the page # and/or MSM source? This is the first time I heard any of that. Sorry if I'm behind here.

I see... I thought I had read the whole thread but I must have missed the parts about doing coke and people on surveillance walking toward him. Could you link me to the posts or direct me to the page # and/or MSM source? This is the first time I heard any of that. Sorry if I'm behind here.

I don’t remember the surveillance camera stuff either. I do remember that they’d been doing some drugs earlier. Then again, maybe I’ve missed some of the thread.

If you read back in this thread the girl admitted they did coke and smoked weed - so I think that once his car got stuck at the end of the trail he fell asleep in his car for a couple hours (7am-11am no movement), woke up, realized he’s still stuck, started walking back to the road to get help, as he’s walking he called and sent those message and when he sent “some crazy **** is going on” is probably when saw those people walking toward him(people on surveillance camera) and something happened. And then who knows from there.

Thanks. After looking at everything, timeline, including photos of the area and his car, I reached the same conclusion. Whatever happened either involved him leaving the area or going further into the brush off trail.

I'm going to spend some time over at the web site, looking at photos.

Home

Last edited:
These are the two photos in which people apparently spotted Matthew's baseball hat:

20181104-SearchScan1-775.jpg

20181104-SearchScan1-776.jpg

Edit: It could be these two photos instead (unclear if by 775 & 776 they are referring to the file names, or the order of the 797 photos posted).

20181104-SearchScan1-781.jpg

20181104-SearchScan1-782.jpg

I sent this photo to the "Help Find Matthew Weaver Jr" page but I didn't get a response from them. I circled the spot where, to me, it looks like a person laying on the ground or a rock and is not wearing a shirt and is wearing dark pants. This picture is constantly on my mind and seeing as they found the hat and possibly a shirt, I cant help but think "what if this is him". I hope they at least checked the area of this photo. Maybe you all can take a look and tell me what you think. I used a magnifying glass.

49719616_1989831637803457_7686023033378570240_n.png

Last edited:
I sent this photo to the "Help Find Matthew Weaver Jr" page but I didn't get a response from them. I circled the spot where, to me, it looks like a person laying on the ground or a rock and is not wearing a shirt and is wearing dark pants. This picture is constantly on my mind and seeing as they found the hat and possibly a shirt, I cant help but think "what if this is him". I hope they at least checked the area of this photo. Maybe you all can take a look and tell me what you think. I used a magnifying glass.

49719616_1989831637803457_7686023033378570240_n.png
I’m sure they are checking. Probably can’t get back to you yet. I’ll have to get a magnifying glass to see.

I didn't mean to sound like I am expecting a response.I completely understand they are all under a lot of stress. I figured I would post the picture here just in case it was missed and to have other eyes look at it as well. I've been following this case since day one and live locally. Either way, I hope the family gets answers very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam