Australia Allison Newstead,17,NSW, found naked in coal mine,suspicious death, 7/10/93

dotr

Reaction score
Police renew appeal to find Allison Newstead’s killer 25 years on
r0_0_1920_1079_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Allison Newstead. Picture: NSW Police
POLICE will on Friday renew their appeal for information as the 25th anniversary of a notorious Cessnock death approaches.

Allison Newstead, 17, was last seen by her parents in October 1993 when she left her Cessnock home bound for a cafe.

She was reported missing the next day, Thursday October 7, after failing to return home.

A week later, police searching an abandoned colliery in Pelton, eight kilometres south-west of Cessnock, discovered her body.

rbbm.
Fresh appeal to solve murder of a teenage girl who was found naked at an abandoned coal mine on her birthday 25 years ago

$
© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited

"NSW police are now appealing to the general public for fresh information on Allison Newstead's (pictured) murder 17-year-old Allison Newstead's naked body was found at an abandoned coal mine 25 years ago.

NSW police are now appealing to the general public for fresh information on her murder."

"An autopsy failed to determine the cause of death. Her clothes were found a year later in a plastic bag in bushland."

"Authorities announced on Friday a $100,000 reward for anyone who comes forward with information.

'We believe there are people who know exactly what happened to Allison but are either afraid, or unwilling, to share that information with police,' Hunter Valley Police District Commander, Detective Acting Superintendent Chad Gillies said.

'We urge these people to do the right thing and contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 with this information, no matter how small it may seem. It may be a crucial detail for investigators.

'October is a particularly difficult time for Allison's family, as, not only is it the anniversary of her death, but also her birthday."

I've never heard of this until now either. I notice that over the last 6 months or so, NSW police are bringing up quite a number of Cold Case crimes to public attention as well as offering and increasing rewards for information which leads to a charge and conviction...

From May 2018: "About 500 cold case murder investigations will be reopened by NSW Police as they try to give families closure over the deaths of their loved ones."

NSW to reopen more than 500 murder cold cases

I've never heard of this until now either. I notice that over the last 6 months or so, NSW police are bringing up quite a number of Cold Case crimes to public attention as well as offering and increasing rewards for information which leads to a charge and conviction...

From May 2018: "About 500 cold case murder investigations will be reopened by NSW Police as they try to give families closure over the deaths of their loved ones."

NSW to reopen more than 500 murder cold cases

Agreed Blue Bottle and (Bohemia)
So many more cases under the microscope.
With so many new technologies and the advancements in DNA, I think as long as they have kept the evidence, there's a real chance cases will be solved, and for much less a cost than before.
The increased reward monies are long overdue too.
I pray this case will be solved.

Agreed Blue Bottle and (Bohemia)
So many more cases under the microscope.
With so many new technologies and the advancements in DNA, I think as long as they have kept the evidence, there's a real chance cases will be solved, and for much less a cost than before.
The increased reward monies are long overdue too.
I pray this case will be solved.
It’s hopeful isn’t it? I agree, increased reward monies have been a long time coming. Let’s hope that all of this will lead to Allison’s case being resolved, for the sake of her loved ones.

Reward of $100,000 to solve suspicious death of Allison Newstead - NSW Police Public Site
Reward of $100,000 to solve suspicious death of Allison Newstead
Allison_Newstead_BW_portrait.png
Allison_Newstead_Colour_portrait.jpg

Allison Newstead
"Allison was last seen by her parents on Wednesday 6 October 1993, when she left their Cessnock home, heading to a café."

"Her body was found by police seven days later (Wednesday 13 October 1993) at an abandoned colliery in Pelton, about 8km south-west of Cessnock".

“October is a particularly difficult time for Allison’s family, as, not only is it the anniversary of her death, but also her birthday."
"Any information you have about this is worth giving to police, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.

You can provide information to police via any of the methods below:
Call Crime Stoppers any time on 1800 333 000
Any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Your help may give police the clue they need to close this case and provide some comfort for the families of victims.

How to claim your reward
  1. Contact Crime Stoppers or your local Police Station.
  2. Identify yourself and indicate you have information about a crime and that you wish to claim a reward.
  3. You will then be put in contact with a police officer involved in the investigation of that case".

Reward of $100,000 to solve suspicious death of Allison Newstead - NSW Police Public Site
Reward of $100,000 to solve suspicious death of Allison Newstead
Allison_Newstead_BW_portrait.png
Allison_Newstead_Colour_portrait.jpg

Allison Newstead
"Allison was last seen by her parents on Wednesday 6 October 1993, when she left their Cessnock home, heading to a café."

"Her body was found by police seven days later (Wednesday 13 October 1993) at an abandoned colliery in Pelton, about 8km south-west of Cessnock".

“October is a particularly difficult time for Allison’s family, as, not only is it the anniversary of her death, but also her birthday."
"Any information you have about this is worth giving to police, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.

You can provide information to police via any of the methods below:
Call Crime Stoppers any time on 1800 333 000
Any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Your help may give police the clue they need to close this case and provide some comfort for the families of victims.

How to claim your reward
  1. Contact Crime Stoppers or your local Police Station.
  2. Identify yourself and indicate you have information about a crime and that you wish to claim a reward.
  3. You will then be put in contact with a police officer involved in the investigation of that case".

Bumping for Allison in 2019.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave