CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree that sometimes searches can still miss a human body. Even professional, extensive searches can.

I feel bad I don't remember her name, but a 19 yr old Reno girl was recently recovered, deceased, near Mount Rose outside of Reno. They had found her car on Mt Rose Highway and there were extensive searches for her for miles around the car, in the high desert. And months later they found her remains, sadly.

LE has said it was suicide. But oddly enough, she was found very close to where her vehicle had been left. And that same area had been searched.

this article explains some of the issues in this case, by discussing a recent similar case, outside Reno:

Body of 19-year-old Reno woman, missing since September, found off Mt. Rose Highway

Body of 19-year-old Reno woman, missing since September, found off Mt. Rose Highway

The remains of Madeline Lingenfelter, who was last seen on Wednesday, Sept. 19, were found on Monday just south of Sunridge Drive off the Mt. Rose Highway by people in the area searching for a Christmas tree.

Lingenfelter's remains were found close to the Tannenbaum Event Center, where on Sept. 21, days after she disappeared, deputies located her 2004 gold Toyota Prius.

The finding of her car kicked off an extensive multi-day search of the area, but those efforts were called off after four days when teams of volunteer search and rescue personnel, sniffer dogs and helicopters turned up no sign of the missing 19-year-old.

Bob Harmon, a spokesperson from the Washoe County Sheriff's Office, told the Reno Gazette Journal on Wednesday that Lingenfelter's body was found inside the search area scoured in September, but he reiterated a point made repeatedly as search efforts were underway — searchers were up against tall odds.

"What we were looking for was a small girl in a very large wilderness area without having any any indication of which direction she could have gone," he said.

Search warrants issued, data pulled from electronic devices in search for missing teen

Quote from above article dated February 2, 2019.

Investigators combed through Karlie's social media accounts and electronic devices in search of clues.

"We have done search warrants. We have done data dumps of all electronic devices. We've interviewed everyone that's related to her," said Braun.

Such a mystery. Prayers for the family.

Search warrants issued, data pulled from electronic devices in search for missing teen

Quote from above article dated February 2, 2019.

Investigators combed through Karlie's social media accounts and electronic devices in search of clues.

"We have done search warrants. We have done data dumps of all electronic devices. We've interviewed everyone that's related to her," said Braun.

Such a mystery. Prayers for the family.

I was just reading this with my coffee. I think LE is frustrated with people thinking they haven't done enough to find her. There is always much more going on behind the scenes then any of us know. They seem very sure that people saw her that morning.

Its such a sad story. Still praying for her

I just hope that The residence of the Dad & Stepmom hasn’t been completely written off. Things ARE missed sometimes. I think of Karlie often. My theory doesn’t seem to be a popular one, but I’m stuck to it like gorilla glue. Sigh... jmo

I know that I haven’t been on the thread but I just want to let everyone know that I hope and pray everyday that Karlie is found safe and I also submitted her to Namus but she hasn’t been published.

I just hope that The residence of the Dad & Stepmom hasn’t been completely written off. Things ARE missed sometimes. I think of Karlie often. My theory doesn’t seem to be a popular one, but I’m stuck to it like gorilla glue. Sigh... jmo

Agreed! Do we know if the residence has ever actually been 'searched'? like with luminol/dogs/etc? considering it is (i think) the last place she can be confirmed as being actually seen I wonder how thoroughly it was searched. Not insinuating that LE did not do their job but maybe they searched for a person - Karlie - not evidence indicating that maybe something happened to Karlie inside the house.

Also, I know too much time has gone by for this but if they searched right away they could have maybe found substances that perhaps she ingested that (if she did leave on her own accord and thats a big IF) may lead to a dealer, a friend, or a group of people that might also be able to give some insight on her state of mind or involvement with someone or something that her parents were previously unaware of. I check this thread regularly and still hope for a miracle outcome that Karlie is found alive....prayers...and all this MOO

Agreed! Do we know if the residence has ever actually been 'searched'? like with luminol/dogs/etc? considering it is (i think) the last place she can be confirmed as being actually seen I wonder how thoroughly it was searched. Not insinuating that LE did not do their job but maybe they searched for a person - Karlie - not evidence indicating that maybe something happened to Karlie inside the house.

Also, I know too much time has gone by for this but if they searched right away they could have maybe found substances that perhaps she ingested that (if she did leave on her own accord and thats a big IF) may lead to a dealer, a friend, or a group of people that might also be able to give some insight on her state of mind or involvement with someone or something that her parents were previously unaware of. I check this thread regularly and still hope for a miracle outcome that Karlie is found alive....prayers...and all this MOO

I’m pretty sure they did at least a cursory search of the home. I just have a gut feeling that they missed something there. I can’t shake it. I want her to be on a break from her life, and will return safely soon. I know that’s not likely, though. Lots of prayers.... jmo

Something fishy is going on with her stepmother involving this case, i just know it. I was banned from the Facebook group because she was pushing Dateline to come to her house and make an episode about this when karlie had been missing for several weeks. I said maybe everyone should cool it on asking Dateline because they actually responded and said they weren’t going to film regarding her and she lashed out. It seems so strange to me that someone is pushing Dateline to film regarding a case where someone’s been missing for less tHan a month. Plus Dateline doesn’t usually make episodes about missing people.

If the boyfriend knew that Karlie had been suspended from school for using marijuana, and that she had been pot-free for a good period of time, why in the world would he invite her over and give her his apparently home-grown marijuana? LE definitely should have asked the bf for access to the pot he claimed she smoked/ingested so they could send it to the lab for testing, at least to rule out contaminants. Yes, she could have had a fluke bad reaction to it, but if this was the same source of pot she'd had in the past without any ill effects, then testing the pot could at least give LE an idea of whether or not it was a likely contributor to her disappearance. And shouldn't the boyfriend be charged at least with a misdemeanor for giving her pot? Proposition 64 legalized the possession and use of recreational marijuana only in adults 21+, not high school age teens.

Agreed with scriabina. There is such a thing as K2 that kids will smoke instead of weed sometimes, it's incredibly dangerous - I accidentally smoked it before in high school and I completely freaked out. I saw a boyfriend have a seizure on it. Here's more information: K2/Spice: What to Know About These Dangerous Drugs

I hope that isn't what Karlie smoked.

The stepmom does give me bad feelings too, though. Not sure about her.

If the boyfriend knew that Karlie had been suspended from school for using marijuana, and that she had been pot-free for a good period of time, why in the world would he invite her over and give her his apparently home-grown marijuana? LE definitely should have asked the bf for access to the pot he claimed she smoked/ingested so they could send it to the lab for testing, at least to rule out contaminants. Yes, she could have had a fluke bad reaction to it, but if this was the same source of pot she'd had in the past without any ill effects, then testing the pot could at least give LE an idea of whether or not it was a likely contributor to her disappearance. And shouldn't the boyfriend be charged at least with a misdemeanor for giving her pot? Proposition 64 legalized the possession and use of recreational marijuana only in adults 21+, not high school age teens.
IIRC they tested the weed everyone used and it was not laced with anything. It’s also been noted no one other than Karlie had any type of reaction.

Yes, I agree that sometimes searches can still miss a human body. Even professional, extensive searches can.

I feel bad I don't remember her name, but a 19 yr old Reno girl was recently recovered, deceased, near Mount Rose outside of Reno. They had found her car on Mt Rose Highway and there were extensive searches for her for miles around the car, in the high desert. And months later they found her remains, sadly.

LE has said it was suicide. But oddly enough, she was found very close to where her vehicle had been left. And that same area had been searched.

Oh my gosh I was following that and didn't know she had been found. Ty for posting

Something fishy is going on with her stepmother involving this case, i just know it. I was banned from the Facebook group because she was pushing Dateline to come to her house and make an episode about this when karlie had been missing for several weeks. I said maybe everyone should cool it on asking Dateline because they actually responded and said they weren’t going to film regarding her and she lashed out. It seems so strange to me that someone is pushing Dateline to film regarding a case where someone’s been missing for less tHan a month. Plus Dateline doesn’t usually make episodes about missing people.
I saw dateline Facebook did put something up. Not sure if allowed. People can look it up though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood