TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- everything about it screams that it was deliberate, planned, and personal. She parked so she could get away. She left the truck running. She jumped right out of the car with the gun (e.g. she had it on her lap). She came up the driveway with a gun in her hand. She said almost nothing before shooting multiple times even after the victim was on the ground. And she must have known the victim was going to be out at that time, on that day.

[bbm]

how do you know she left the truck running?

I have seen where she works from her Facebook page. I just don’t think I can link that. I can also find her LinkedIn easily. I’d love to know if I can link either of those to start a discussion on the workplace.

I can also tell she is not working in a field related to her major in college which I find very interesting as well. Many of us do that but hers seems to be polar opposite yet both require high intellect.

From this I know the importance of her job. And, she had been at this same job for a while. I find it interesting that it has not been mentioned in news, nor has the company made a statement, or offered a reward.

Secondly, a couple thoughts.
1. It would be easy to know that she was involved in Cosplay. The suspect could have dressed that way in order to throw us all off. For instance was the robe, sweater, or jacket, really a princess padme battle shawl? Natalie Portman Talks Episode VII | The Star Wars Underworld

2. Also, any reports in MSM where Sergio worked? I read somewhere and have lost it. I thought it was somewhere you wouldn’t necessarily leave that early for?

I assumed the truck was left running because if my lights are on when I start my car, they dim while I crank the key. But, you’re right, we don’t know that

I'm not saying it wasn't - it very well could have been like you said ... I was just curious

I have seen where she works from her Facebook page. I just don’t think I can link that. I can also find her LinkedIn easily. I’d love to know if I can link either of those to start a discussion on the workplace.

I can also tell she is not working in a field related to her major in college which I find very interesting as well. Many of us do that but hers seems to be polar opposite yet both require high intellect.

From this I know the importance of her job. And, she had been at this same job for a while. I find it interesting that it has not been mentioned in news, nor has the company made a statement, or offered a reward.

1. It would be easy to know that she was involved in Cosplay. The suspect could have dressed that way in order to throw us all off. For instance was the robe, sweater, or jacket, really a princess padme battle shawl? Natalie Portman Talks Episode VII | The Star Wars Underworld

2. Also, any reports in MSM where Sergio worked? I read somewhere and have lost it. I thought it was somewhere you wouldn’t necessarily leave that early for?
I used to work with her. I can probably answer any work related questions you have. They had a memorial service at her work last week and her parents, in-laws and husband were in attendance. They also have provided grief counseling. I’m not surprised the company hasn’t issued a statement. Its a German company with less than 500 employees in Houston. Very few people who work there studied anything associated with the type of work. It’s a field you sort fall into... this is the case with myself as well.

I used to work with her. I can probably answer any work related questions you have. They had a memorial service at her work last week and her parents, in-laws and husband were in attendance. They also have provided grief counseling. I’m not surprised the company hasn’t issued a statement. Its a German company with less than 500 employees in Houston. Very few people who work there studied anything associated with the type of work. It’s a field you sort fall into... this is the case with myself as well.
Thanks for sharing. I’m curious if a mistake was made by someone with her job, could it be traced back to her? For instance, could a company that has contracted your company’s services ever find out and attribute an incorrect finding to a particular person?

Could she have identified something or found fraud and reported it? Been a whistleblower?

2. r?Also, any reports in MSM where Sergio worked? I read somewhere and have lost it. I thought it was somewhere you wouldn’t necessarily leave that early for

Apparently he laid floors. It makes sense that he would leave early to start a job especially if he had to pick up and load supplies. It is mentioned in this article-

Woman shot point blank while setting up garage sale in Tomball area

There have been posts on other websites about how this couple was 100% devoted to each other and how rude the accusations of cheating are. The fact of the matter is, unless you lived with these people 24/7, you have no idea what was really going on in their relationship other than what you saw and what they willingly told you. My husband and I don’t blast everything about our relationship to people. That being said, an affair on either side wouldn’t surprise me. The husband’s lack of tears even for the media. Not looking into the camera when he speaks. Not addressing her by name. Has he been cleared by LE? His friends posting claim he has but i have yet to see this in the media.

The husband has not been named a POI, so he is off limits since we are a victim friendly forum.

That being said, you are right; we never know what goes on behind closed doors whether at home or a no-tell motel. Erin Corwin comes to mind. Her marriage had the appearance of two sweet kids madly in love. So you never know.
Infidelity is a powerful motivator for crimes of passion.

Crime of passion is my #1 speculation. It could have been a big misunderstanding for all we know. I think we'll know soon, and I think an arrest is imminent.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Following the same thought process of it being a costume since I am/was a big Star wars fan. I thought it was more of a costume too and here is a better picture w/ gun holster to boot..
272c3712820bcb53f64beca7b8c6f372.jpg

Star Wars Deluxe Padme Amidala Adult Halloween Costume, Adult Unisex, Size: Large, Multicolor | Products | Pinterest | Star wars halloween costumes, Star wars costumes and Halloween costumes

Following the same thought process of it being a costume since I am/was a big Star wars fan. I thought it was more of a costume too and here is a better picture w/ gun holster to boot..
272c3712820bcb53f64beca7b8c6f372.jpg

Star Wars Deluxe Padme Amidala Adult Halloween Costume, Adult Unisex, Size: Large, Multicolor | Products | Pinterest | Star wars halloween costumes, Star wars costumes and Halloween costumes

YES!!! I agree! This is also what I think the shooter was wearing, but had a wig on or didn’t have time put their hair up or back in a ponytail.

Several people on her FB Friends list have photos with this type of costume. Now let’s hope investigators have more information regarding the shooter and the Barraza’s Xfinity Home Surveillance was working that morning.

I'm a new member to the Websleuths community, although I've followed a few threads in the past for cases which caught my attention. I was compelled to register and post here after seeing the footage of this poor woman's murder on a news site. To me, this case is really simple once you break it down-

If you accept that this was a targeted murder and not some crazy person committing a random violent murder in the early morning hours in suburbia, then "whodunnit" boils down to one simple question:

Did the killer know about the garage sale? If the answer is yes, then that greatly narrows the suspect pool due to the fact that the garage sale wasn't advertised publicly until that morning.

It seems highly probable due to the timing of the killer's arrival occurring just after the husband's departure that the killer intentionally waited until the husband had left for work. There are multiple reasons why that could be, and I won't speculate on that. But then, one of two things happened. Either the killer: a) showed up to murder EB, unaware of the garage sale, planning on murdering her by ringing the doorbell and shooting her or perhaps sneaking into the house to commit the crime, or b) showed up to murder EB, knowing full well she would be in the driveway setting up the garage sale.

If it's scenario a, then the killer could be just about anyone connected to her, her husband, her family, or her ring of social acquaintances in some way... anyone from a co-worker who secretly harbored an unrequited crush for years, to a business associate of the husband seeking to hurt him by killing her, to someone involved in the Star Wars group who took fantasy too far, to something more sinister closer to home.

But if it's scenario b, as I said above, I would think the suspect pool would be limited to only people very close and possibly co-workers.

The last thing I'll say about this case is what I took away from the video. Apart from the observations which have already been made here, I noticed that the killer seemed to pause for a short time (maybe 5-10 seconds) after putting the truck into park before exiting the vehicle to commit the crime. Was that due to something as simple and likely as the killer doing a quick check around for possible witnesses? Was he/she steeling his/her nerves to go ahead with the plot? Or was the sight of her right there in the driveway enough of a surprise to give the killer pause (like perhaps in scenario a where he/she had no idea a garage sale was happening)?

Also, when I first viewed the video, I thought I saw what were definite white/cream knee-high boots and a white/cream robe on the killer. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, nor had I read about any connection to a Star Wars cosplay group at that point, but I immediately thought of the outfit Daisy Ridley's character wore in the movie. I'm glad to see that others here thought the same thing too.

I'm 50/50 on the killer's gender, 50/50 on the motive (either passion-related or financial/job-related), but I'm about 99.9% sure the police are already on to their suspect and are just gathering enough evidence to convict at this point.

I just feel awful for EB, knowing she was killed going to extra lengths so she and her husband could enjoy a wonderful anniversary trip.

There have been posts on other websites about how this couple was 100% devoted to each other and how rude the accusations of cheating are. The fact of the matter is, unless you lived with these people 24/7, you have no idea what was really going on in their relationship other than what you saw and what they willingly told you. My husband and I don’t blast everything about our relationship to people. That being said, an affair on either side wouldn’t surprise me. The husband’s lack of tears even for the media. Not looking into the camera when he speaks. Not addressing her by name. Has he been cleared by LE? His friends posting claim he has but i have yet to see this in the media.
I agree that no one knows what happens behind closed doors. Friends I have communicated with have said he’s very upset and they find it unlikely he was involved. LE did say he was being very cooperative. I really think it’s someone Liz interacted with thru 501st Legion.

I just feel awful for EB, knowing she was killed going to extra lengths so she and her husband could enjoy a wonderful anniversary trip.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
Great post, and welcome!
I can't help but anchor on the statement about the anniversary.
Anniversaries of all kinds tend to really cause triggers and unhinge people.
I speculate the anniversary is a big factor in this.
Is this a nutso ex of his?

Amateur speculation and opinion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members