Judge Bacal’s Tentative Ruling

cynic

Reaction score
The full text is attached, an excerpt follows.
…when a cryptic message written in third person is painted on a door near where a young woman is hanged (nude, bound and gagged) common sense (and every mystery novel) teaches that the message has a meaning. The Sheriff’s investigation apparently could not determine the meaning of the message and, thus, gave it no weight. However, the evidence showed that Rebecca wrote extensively about herself, in the first person. She was a painter, who was comfortable painting letters as well as figures. Given these facts alone, common sense says Rebecca did not paint the amateurishly painted message on the door. And if she did not, someone else did. Determining who wrote the message would certainly be circumstantial evidence pointing to who killed Rebecca Zahau. This was only one of numerous pieces of circumstantial evidence that puts the Sheriff’s conclusion into question. As a result, it is not unreasonable to still ask, “Who killed Rebecca Zahau?”

Attachments

• text-of-january-25-tentative-ruling.pdf
    118.4 KB · Views: 22
The full text is attached, an excerpt follows.
…when a cryptic message written in third person is painted on a door near where a young woman is hanged (nude, bound and gagged) common sense (and every mystery novel) teaches that the message has a meaning. The Sheriff’s investigation apparently could not determine the meaning of the message and, thus, gave it no weight. However, the evidence showed that Rebecca wrote extensively about herself, in the first person. She was a painter, who was comfortable painting letters as well as figures. Given these facts alone, common sense says Rebecca did not paint the amateurishly painted message on the door. And if she did not, someone else did. Determining who wrote the message would certainly be circumstantial evidence pointing to who killed Rebecca Zahau. This was only one of numerous pieces of circumstantial evidence that puts the Sheriff’s conclusion into question. As a result, it is not unreasonable to still ask, “Who killed Rebecca Zahau?”

Thank you, cynic, for downloading this decision for us. There's a lot to read about and the judge gives good reason to refuse Adam's claims.

Quite surprising to read that Adam's team hired private detectives to follow around jurors and witnesses, including the neighbor who head a woman yelling for help that night.

It is obvious to me that Judge Bacall understands how DNA and fingerprints work just as little as the jury does. She obviously also does not understand that a women in a highly emotional state, having a breakdown, and about to commit suicide would not be ‘comfortable painting numbs and letters.” That is just ridiculous. It is also obvious that she did not listen to the suicide expert (one of the top in the county) who talked about Rebecca’s past impulsive behavior and how her sexual abuse as a child made her at greater risk for suicide, or how running from her problems like she did when she left Michael Berger, another millionaire that she was living with while still married. She pretended to be kidnapped in order to IMO, try to keep them both on the line. Both the jury and the Judge did not see or hear the trial I did, or like so many people, made up their minds long ago and because of confirmation bias did not think rationally about the evidence.
I think Adam Shacknai was very wise to have private investigators follow Mrs. Allison. She should have been in court that day. The fact that she wasn’t but was out running around shows there was something very fishy going on.
The fact that the Zahaus settled instead of letting Adam appeal tells me that they know their evidence and the overtly-biased Judge’s rulings throughout the trial would never stand up to an Appeals court.
There have been so many underhanded things that have gone on in this case - like Greer claiming there was a settlement offer when there was not one - that it is apalaling to me.
What the Zahaus have gotten certainly is not justice. I wonder what Rebecca would think of what they have done and how they have done it?

JMO

It is obvious to me that Judge Bacall understands how DNA and fingerprints work just as little as the jury does. She obviously also does not understand that a women in a highly emotional state, having a breakdown, and about to commit suicide would not be ‘comfortable painting numbs and letters.” That is just ridiculous. It is also obvious that she did not listen to the suicide expert (one of the top in the county) who talked about Rebecca’s past impulsive behavior and how her sexual abuse as a child made her at greater risk for suicide, or how running from her problems like she did when she left Michael Berger, another millionaire that she was living with while still married. She pretended to be kidnapped in order to IMO, try to keep them both on the line. Both the jury and the Judge did not see or hear the trial I did, or like so many people, made up their minds long ago and because of confirmation bias did not think rationally about the evidence.
I think Adam Shacknai was very wise to have private investigators follow Mrs. Allison. She should have been in court that day. The fact that she wasn’t but was out running around shows there was something very fishy going on.
The fact that the Zahaus settled instead of letting Adam appeal tells me that they know their evidence and the overtly-biased Judge’s rulings throughout the trial would never stand up to an Appeals court.
There have been so many underhanded things that have gone on in this case - like Greer claiming there was a settlement offer when there was not one - that it is apalaling to me.
What the Zahaus have gotten certainly is not justice. I wonder what Rebecca would think of what they have done and how they have done it?

JMO

It's sad how the Shacknai family has spent so many years impugning Rebecca as a harlot, a greedy, mentally unhinged, crazy harridan who cleverly planned and executed a complicated suicide designed to look like a murder. Now some folks want to talk as if she would be ashamed her family has been pursuing truth and justice.

Some people should stop using this woman as some sort of toy or prop or tool to boost the reputation of the Shacknai family. They will always carry with them a stained reputation for having treated RZ so badly and publicly spoken of her so cruelly and dishonestly. They will always be judged by how they treated the memory of the woman who was victimized in so many ways by Jonah, Adam and the rest.

The Shacknai’s never treated Rebecca badly and there is nothing to back that up. If she were treated so badly, she could have left the mansion and gone back to her 9 -5 job in Scottsdale at anytime. She did not.

The depositions filed in the case, however show what type of woman Rebecca Zahau was, and one just needs to read them to find out for themselves.

The only people that have been victimized are the Shacknais and Nina Romano, and all while they were trying to mourn the loss of a precious 6-year old child.

IMO.

The Shacknai’s never treated Rebecca badly and there is nothing to back that up. If she were treated so badly, she could have left the mansion and gone back to her 9 -5 job in Scottsdale at anytime. She did not.

The depositions filed in the case, however show what type of woman Rebecca Zahau was, and one just needs to read them to find out for themselves.

The only people that have been victimized are the Shacknais and Nina Romano, and all while they were trying to mourn the loss of a precious 6-year old child.

IMO.

BBM

Let’s see what Adam says about the treatment of RZ:

“When she was alive, she was OK. I was probably the only person that thought she was OK, by the way,” Shacknai said, noting that Zahau “was taking a lot of flack from the community, from my brother’s friends. She was not accepted.”​

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2...with-family-agreeing-to-insurance-settlement/

So it is backed up by Adam himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back