CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all my gullibility, (and I am sometimes a dumbass, I admit it) I don't think PF has anything on KK other than that she loved him, was a tool, and he was her "first real love" *puke* and went along with his evil plan. I feel this is just a pretty simplistic Occam's case.

I don't think there's some smoking gun here.

I think KK aided and abetted PF in his plan to kill KB, hoping that they'd both ride off into the sunset together and he'd horseshoe and breed cow-dawgs whilst she did her rodeos, and regain their teen romance.

MOO
And YOU may be absolutely right! Like Artis, my other interest lies in conspiracy, just not those really wild tin foil hat ones :) Perhaps my fertile imagination is getting the better of me!

True, but once she had the cell phone instead of going home and sending the text messages, she now had the ammunition to stop him in his tracks from doing anything to her.

Straight to the police with the cellphone. Game over. Nothing to be scared of anymore.

Its all a load of BS. In love with him since teens, "under his spell", drives to visit the man she is terrified of, until she got caught and had to come up with something to rationalize her behavior.

Above BBM. It was my understanding that KKL got possession of KB's phone AFTER her murder. IMO, KKL needed to take any evidence on her OWN phone or computer to LE as soon as she got it if she wanted to prevent KB's murder. She probably had the electronic evidence as early as September, based on the solicitation charges, unless PF was actually more clever than he seems and limited his murder plot discussions to "pillow talk" with KKL. I suppose LE could have gotten the solicitation evidence from PF's devices if he used them to communicate with someone else about his plans. All JMO.

I can't speak to the situation in Idaho, but I can provide some insight regarding the mindset of people in communities similar to it in surrounding states. . . . People who are at odds with the "community viewpoint" generally pick up stakes and move away. jmoo

Agree Travelbug. I moved to Twin Falls in Aug 2016. It took me 6 mos to know I made a mistake, and returned. I grew up in a Mid West small town, lived in a major SW big city and wanted a change. The things I didn't like growing up in a small town hadn't changed 45 years later. Twin Falls is both a small town and very Mormon. Generally speaking, If you are not "local", you are out. People were very nice, but good luck getting a professional job.

I am not surprised at the community silence, and frankly, astounded the R's and MS spoke out. Makes me think a pre emptive strike (R) and covering tracks and or guilty conscience for talking to R's (MS)

I can't speak to the situation in Idaho, but I can provide some insight regarding the mindset of people in communities similar to it in surrounding states. The critical factor is whether community members are helpful or hurtful, particularly if the "family name" is being threatened. A large portion of the land within small ranching communities is owned by only a few families. In the ID, WY, MO, CO region those families have generally been long time residents. They start out buying a plot of land and ranching or farming it in order to support their family. If they are fortunate the business succeeds and the start accumulating savings to purchase more land to increase their income. After a couple of decades these residents are the same people that decide it is time to provide some services that will benefit the community. The landowners form partnerships and provide things like a local bank, a closer place to shop for daily needs, repair places for their equipment, doctors/dentists, apartments (so their employees can stay close), etc. The vast number of families I have been associated with have viewed that in a noble way. They are making their "hometown" more comfortable for their friends and family. If you are a resident of their hometown, even if these more powerful families are wonderful people, you are always aware that it is best to "for them" and "not against them". If the local media speaks in an unfavorable way about someone, the friends and family will withdraw their support. In a small town that is frequently a shortcut to closing your doors. Residents cancel their subscriptions and if you've been borrowing from the bank to operate your business the funding will dry up, etc. It's difficult for "cityfolk" to comprehend the level of support, both fiscally and socially, provided to families in small and isolated communities. People who are at odds with the "community viewpoint" generally pick up stakes and move away. jmoo

Good stuff, travelbug. It works much like a company town.

Not excusing any of these people’s action or inaction here.

However, I do imagine the experience of going to the police and saying I’d heard a murder was being planned.

I’m sure I’d be met with a sarcastic raised eyebrow by the desk sargeant, and an, “Oh really madam. How much have you had to drink this evening? ‘Ere, Charlie, this lady says she knows someone who’s plannin’ a murder.”

I’d persist, though.

Eta spelling
Here's the thing though, if she has enough info to sink his ship now and get a plea deal she certainly would have had that ammunition then.

I shouldn’t be asking these questions before the evidence comes out but I’m struggling with a few things. What is it about the relationship with KK that makes PF think he could solicit her for murder in the first place and be confident that she wouldn’t report him.

In my experience, and from what I've read and talked about with others, these guys test the waters from the very beginning of the relationship. They tell you things, reveal things about themselves, to see how much you'll accept, or buy in to. Like a perv grooming a child.

She may have been groomed for a long time.

The motion was granted February 8th. Today is February 11th. Wonder when we the public gets to see?
It appears that both the prosecution and defense will have an opportunity to respond.

Hopefully they don’t take issue with it, or are denied if they do.

We all want to see this stuff ASAP.

Perhaps KK couldn’t say no to the phone because she couldn’t resist the possibility of ‘filling in the blanks’ once she had it and PF knew this. I suppose he’s very talented at figuring out what he can ask and receive from whom, being “quiet and good” et al. But he also knew that this was his safety net...once she’d taken the bait and done his deed, she’d be fully ensnared (culpable) and he knew she’d not put that together, too distracted by the info on the phone. He didn’t consider that she’d be talking to her BFF the whole time...

Just an idea of a theory, MOO MOO MOO:)

I don’t buy that she was “scared,” and I have issues with the idea that he ever threatened her.

“Kelsey is so dangerous that she needs to be killed to protect the baby,” is one excuse.

But when you couple that with him essentially saying “I’m so dangerous that I will kill you if you don’t help,” it just doesn’t work.

Is Kelsey dangerous and that’s the justification? Or are both of you so dangerous that murdering to protect the baby is a moot point?

ETA: KK was likely still sleeping with PF, so he’s so dangerous that you are intimate with him? Ok then.

These are mutually exclusive ideas.
I give this post 5 stars

It appears that both the prosecution and defense will have an opportunity to respond.

Hopefully they don’t take issue with it, or are denied if they do.

We all want to see this stuff ASAP.
I did edit to correct my grammar! Lol
So after I replied, I see other posts saying it was not signed by the judge. So was KOAA’s motion granted or not?

The one thing I read was from a MSM source. After a few drinks, he was waving a gun around at people, was arrested, convicted, spent a few days in jail.
Yeah, this makes sense.

You’d think that the prosecution and defense would have their say here.

We saw this in the Watts case, with those autopsy findings.
I was shocked at all the information that was released by the prosecution in the Watts case. I personally couldn't read the autopsy, just thinking about it gave me nightmares.

But hey, we got our Hero Linda, maybe she can do a little questioning with PF. She must also wear her b&w striped sweater. :D

He could have threatened her (I have witnessed something similar) by pointing out that if she called the Sheriff, he's a hometown boy. They'll likely do nothing more initially than drop by for a chat. He'll tell them about his cray-cray recently-divorced ex in Idaho that is jealous of his new fiancee and baby-mama. The minute they leave, he'll get in his truck, drive straight through to Idaho, and go after her children and there will be nothing the law can do to protect her.

Sadly, it might very well have played out that way if she had told and I think PF knew that.

Don’t forget PF’s brother is LE also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member