Victim- Syllannia Edwards

I don't know anyone else's thoughts, but I'm thinking that Syllannia was a victim of the same platform of sex trafficking that perpetuates our society today. Does anyone think that Syllannia was involved in sex trafficking on her own accord, or she came into contact with a perpetrator who forced her to work for them?

It is said that she spent time with older women (http://www.koat.com/article/youngest-west-mesa-victim-unlike-others/5031799) and was also seemingly paired up with Monica as a means of protection. I have a theory: since Monica and Syllannia were paried up, Mimi could have been Monica, and Syllannia could have been Chocolate.

Why would she be hanging around other people as a means of protection? Could this possible indicate that she was "working" independently? Someone had lured her into the lifestyle somehow.

Re: cort2209 I totally agree with you and I was obsessed with her. Her background story was tragic. I used Ancestry.com to put together her family tree. They are local to me so I believe it was a little too close for me to go further. I can share via email if you’d like.

Can I get a copy of the family tree you came up with? I cannot find a lot of information regarding her family. I would like to look up the criminal history, but I don't have the names to search.

I found her grave site is in Texas, who would have claimed her body?

It is said that she spent time with older women (Youngest West Mesa Victim Unlike Others) and was also seemingly paired up with Monica as a means of protection. I have a theory: since Monica and Syllannia were paried up, Mimi could have been Monica, and Syllannia could have been Chocolate.
QUOTE]

Syllania liked to be called Mimi. I would assume that was her name even in NM.

Can I get a copy of the family tree you came up with? I cannot find a lot of information regarding her family. I would like to look up the criminal history, but I don't have the names to search.

Her mother is from TX and I believe I did hear that she was contacted but I cannot confirm.

With some help, I've been able to locate some of her family members on facebook. Who claimed her body I'm not sure. I'm searching for an Albuquerque newscast I found a while back where the newscasters explain that her family was contacted and asked if they had any ties to New Mexico. I did find this video instead, which is another newscast with a phone call recording of one of Syllannia's family members:

This video is a part of a whole playlist, and somewhere in the playlist is the other video I mentioned.

Slightly off topic, but interesting point I want to bring up: In this article (Bad and Badder) someone in the comments claims to have worked at OKC Rescue Mission and seen/interacted with Syllannia and Monica. In the article, the author says that Monica, Syllannia, and Syllannia's cousin Shannon all were on the run together. Notice if you watch the youtube video I provided in this comment that the last name of Syllannia's family member is Shannon. After having discovered her relatives on facebook, they all share a lot of common friends who have the last name Shannon. I suspect that this Shannon individual wasn't real, and might have been an alias for Syllannia. I really wonder where the author of this blog found all this info. I think it would be super helpful to know who Syllannia was in foster care with. Maybe they'd consent to an interview and tell us what Syllannia was like, which would give us a better idea of what her motives for running away were, or just clues in general that could piece together this mystery.

Let me know what you think.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288