Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Daily Mail website they updated the article with a much clearer look at the footage.

Whilst I'd like to believe it a complete coincidence I must admit I see what looks like a silver 2004-2010 Astra at ~0:59. What do other car people think?
Much clearer, and there’s a bit of additional footage at the start. Thanks!

Would recommend everyone goes and has a look.

Towards the end of the video, she certainly seems in a bit of a state.

And that looks very much like an Astra to me

What you have said is a very loose paraphrase on what was actually said.

She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home … simple,” she wrote.

She was responding to a post asking why Libby “got out of taxi before getting home”.

No mention of phone in relation to her being home.

Libby Squire: mother says Hull student made it home before going missing
Thanks for clarifying this. It makes sense now in the context of reply. I was thinking she could’ve been privy to something the public weren’t but I don’t think that’s the case now. Clears it up for me, I can scratch my crazy theory about that now!

Nothing major unfortunately!

10:06
Police search near pond at Oak Road Playing Fields

11:02
Reporter asked to leave the scene

11:15
Pictures from the search as cordon is reinstated and search for Libby continues

11:34
Hull shows its support

12:53
Police cordon still in place

12:54
Minimal police activity

12:59
Police using chainsaws and tools

13:06
Officers searching new area

13:11
Officers at Oak Road Playing Fields

13:16
'We need to keep Libby in our minds'

14:33
What has happened so far today

• The search for Libby Squire is in its 12th day
  • Police officers are continuing their search for the 21-year-old in Oak Road playing fields, close to where she lives
  • Officers can be seen searching the area with chainsaws and sticks as they continue to hunt for clues
15:00
Police still cutting down vegetation in Oak Road

15:17
Police search seems done for day

15:17
Police search seems done for day

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

Aww thank you for coming back to me! So nothing new to report. It just seems they are going at a very slow pace now

It’s sad she looks quite lonely bless her hope she is found very soon

Chainsaws?! Suggesting the vegetation is very dense. What on earth are they hoping to find buried under it?!

A couple of years ago I did some photos around that area;

13483240_10154294563559993_7748591672719713483_o.jpg

13529084_10154294564024993_1222550948434073364_n.jpg

13524382_10154294565409993_3074796622984289796_n.jpg

13517597_10154294593964993_3844895791390816018_o.jpg

13482849_10154294562224993_8307012561544772444_o.jpg

That last photo, as a schoolboy in the 80s I have changed in those huts for a competitive game of footy for real!

I don't want to spam your thread with useless info, but I'm happy to provide background and detail on this area of Hull if Google maps isn't quite enough.

This park is still big with kids and local dog walkers, it hasn't quite taken the seedy side like other parks around Hull have.

Easy access to the river, as this collection of rundown buildings is around the old boathouse, which has wooden long steps going down the muddy bank. Areas of Beresford Park has that abandoned feel, but it has a very high footfall from the locals; it has a skate park which is very popular; the pond they have been searching is a fishing pond, which is surrounded by a ring of trees bushes and scrub acting as wildlife patches, and has dozens of little jetties around it. They have well attended fairs around this pond, and this pond is always busy and popular during the summer.

The river has a medium class housing estate of mainly working families that backs onto it and the park, lots of people come to this park especially to walk dogs, it has football and cricket pitches. And there are no fences or barriers to the river. While there's nothing formal along the river, it's a popular spot in the summer evenings and is a great spot to catch sunsets. There are always lots of teens around the park, particularly this boathouse area, where they like to sit on the river bank at the top of the steps watching the sun go down.

It hasn't sunk to the seedy depths of other parks, so there's still lots of conversation among strangers around here. I'd often stop and chat to dog walkers, groups of teens, anyone passing, people are always happy to say hello, it's always been a park with a good vibe. It's not a river for tourists, but sometimes a cruiser will come down this river from Beverley Beck aiming for the Humber and inland via the Ouse or the Trent. Rare though.

If you follow the river bank to the south, past the big wind turbine, there is a footpath that can get a little hairy that makes it to the road bridge at Ferry Lane. It just squeezes in between the back wall of the industry backing onto the river, mainly car wreckers, and the river.

The main point about this park is that it is easy access, it has multiple points of access and has very little boundary fencing. When it is locked at night it is only a road gate to keep cars out, there is no real way to shut this park, it is open on all sides and just merges into its surroundings. Only around the wind turbine is there secure fencing. And there are lots of small entrances too.

Last edited:
Aww thank you for coming back to me! So nothing new to report. It just seems they are going at a very slow pace now

New video about 1pm today released by paper of Libby at nightclub venue , see if you think she’s drunk

On the Daily Mail website they updated the article with a much clearer look at the footage.

Whilst I'd like to believe it a complete coincidence I must admit I see what looks like a silver 2004-2010 Astra at ~0:59. What do other car people think?

Clearer footage makes a big difference! I didn't think she looked too drunk originally but can see it now!

That’s so much clearer now , yes she does look more wobbly now and in the extra bit at start

Seems to be a very negative view on the case ?

As I said in my previous post, I'm starting to feel that way. They don't seem to be getting anywhere, with arresting him on suspicion of abduction, keeping him the full amount of time allowed and then charging him with unrelated but sexually motivated crimes. This just makes me feel maybe there's been an error somewhere.

Well it's clear to see why Libby failed to get into the club.

Really does look like she is holding a phone up to her ear in the first shot.

From the other angle it looks like she is pocketing something, cash and card perhaps?

Interesting that she appears to be on her own or with the one guy in front of her.

Nobody else looks particularly sober either.

BOOM!!

She arrives at the club's student night at 11.18pm accompanied by three friends. Doormen, however, believe she may have had too much to drink and turn her away. Less than five-minutes later, her friends make sure she is ok and wait with her until she is put into a cab and driven home.

So that's the taxi journey sorted - it was more like 4 or 5 minutes.

Case closed.

Yes it answers that!

I'm still in general bothered that friends just put another friend in a taxi all alone in the state she was in. No group of friends I've ever been part of would do that, at least one person would duck out to buddy up with them if only one of the party got refused into a club? Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but lots of people I talk to still can't understand why they let her go home alone. Not trying to pass judgement on the friends...

And she does look really hammered.

I also wondered is she had been spiked.

(I was also about to wonder aloud why there was no CCTV or anything confirmed from the Welly end... so here it is and some things start to make a lot more sense!)

I agree. In the clearer footage her legs look ‘funny’...like that drunk won’t work properly look. I’d say she’s really drunk. Her friend, who I think is clearer now is a girl and she seems to gesture to someone in the queue or a bouncer that she’s ‘taking her to a taxi as she can’t get in’

Poor Libby, what an end to meet...WHERE is she??!!

Well it's clear to see why Libby failed to get into the club.

Really does look like she is holding a phone up to her ear in the first shot.

From the other angle it looks like she is pocketing something, cash and card perhaps?

Interesting that she appears to be on her own or with the one guy in front of her.

Nobody else looks particularly sober either.

That club is well known for being a popular late night recreational chemist

I just watched the slowed down version of the new CCTV footage on the DM youtube. at 0.51 I see a silver/white(?) car drive right by Libby. *shudder* Anyone else spot that?

Yes you see correct. I can identify that car after zooming into it and slowing the video down even more from youtube.

The is a Vauxhall Astra 5 door for certain.

Looking from the party angle, it is entirely possible that somebody dropped something in her drink with the intention of taking advantage of her later on. Have they accounted for every member of this house party? I doubt it

This is what I was alluding to. Somebody at the house party followed her perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow