IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

The police in Chicago have a bad history with witnesses and victims. They are trying to correct this, but one of the reasons the Illinois governor commuted all the sentences of "death" to "life imprisonment," were there were so many prisoners found to be not guilty waiting on death row.

IL now has no death penalty. That said, I can see why the Chicago Police go slow on cases like this. If Kierra is dead and a white person did it, you can bet it would be plastered all over the papers how the Chicago police harassed the boyfriend and are unfair to minorities.

To be fair, in the past that reputation has been earned, and to be fair again, it is getting better.

But I just wanted to explain to non-Chicago area residents why the police are probably not as aggressive as you would think they'd be.

I live in Chicago and I don't think the murders aren't solved because police are not aggressive but that there are simply SO many violent crimes here and the current mayor has cut police hiring. In 2016 there were over 750 murders. I don't think Kierra has been overlooked, I think they are just overwhelmed.

Last edited:
On behalf of no one but myself, a genuine thanks for the new sets of eyes who have read about Kierra and/or offered hope and new ideas/directions to sleuth.

I hate sounding like the mother of this thread or something recently, but Kierra's case is one of those that has gripped me. We all have 'em.

And nope, this is certainly not the only case that does not get attention but it is Kierra's case. May there be a resolution soon and, if needed, justice found. (or in the beautiful alternative, a celebration had.)
I’m just going to give this thread a bump and say I started reading about this case last night and hope to finish the thread this evening. I can see from FB that her family has not given up on finding her.

I've been away from WS for a short while but came back to bump a few threads in particular. Kierra continues to be on my mind. I think there is foul play here - something I often hesitate to conclude without hard evidence - and it is just a matter of time. Let's hope for sooner rather than later.

I've been away from WS for a short while but came back to bump a few threads in particular. Kierra continues to be on my mind. I think there is foul play here - something I often hesitate to conclude without hard evidence - and it is just a matter of time. Let's hope for sooner rather than later.
I agree AzPistonsGirl, I am usually the diehard hold out, but I agree here. KC was pregnant, had a good job, she had her act together. It's been too long for nobody to have heard from her. I hope they're really investigating the baby daddy. IIRC he was in another relationship or married? That never ends well.

I agree AzPistonsGirl, I am usually the diehard hold out, but I agree here. KC was pregnant, had a good job, she had her act together. It's been too long for nobody to have heard from her. I hope they're really investigating the baby daddy. IIRC he was in another relationship or married? That never ends well.
I can't say with any MSM verification as to the other woman but that information is on FB in multiple locations. But it is only rumor so I can't link it as he is not a POI at this time.

Authorities – who Kierra’s father is confident will get answers in his daughter’s case – told Dateline they, too, suspect foul play in the young woman’s disappearance.

“We have a pretty good idea of what transpired. Now it’s a matter of finding evidence,” Chief Guglielmi told Dateline. “We are out of the opinion business. We base everything we do on fact and evidence. A detective’s personal opinion, quite frankly, doesn’t matter.”

Chief Guglielmi said police know there is “a minimum of two or three people of interest” who were the last to see Kierra before she disappeared.

“We’ve narrowed down our group here to a personal associate of hers -- a friend -- who was one of the last people to see her,” he told Dateline. Chief Guglielmi declined to comment on that person’s name, how Kierra knows them, or the other associated people of interest. “We haven’t found her yet, and that puts us in a difficult position.”

Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles

Dateline NBC‏Verified account @DatelineNBC

Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles #Dateline https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/chicago-police-narrow-down-persons-interest-disappearance-expectant-mother-kierra-n981976 …

D1aYCKUX4AAW_zL.jpg

Dateline NBC on Twitter

I'm so glad something is moving on this case! And her sweet father, he is doing all he can to find his baby girl and grandbaby.

Saying she called in sick, but was yet seen leaving in her uniform. It really makes me wonder if it was HER who left that day, or if someone dressed as her knowing they would be seen so they would throw the cops off......

seems all depts are busy these days - more beat cops, fewer investigators IMO. But they can't just put Kierra's case file away and forget about it. It gets discouraging having to wait and assuming cases are being worked but time and time again we see movement on much older cases here. Until she is found, we have to have hope.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back