Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for throwing me back over the fence, I am bruised I'm going back and forth so much.

Question

Why do you think it took over two weeks for law enforcement to find these communications? That is so disappointing to me and such a scenario as a little girl missing, a girl missing with her sheets missing Etc.

Looking back, it seems apparent that they should have found him earlier if they had searched her accounts and found what we now know existed. Do you have any idea as to why that happened?
BBM - search warrant for google
FEB 1, 2019

Latricia Thomas on Twitter
The court docs say... on SP's phone, they found sexually explicit video and photos of Pruitt "engaged in sexual intercourse." He's charged with rape.

BREAKING: Just got the arrest affidavit for Randall Lee Pruitt, the adoptive father of once-missing Monroe Co. teen SP. It says the FBI used a search warrant to get Google records from the teen's phone.

I have been thinking about this as best I can from SP's perspective not mine.

It has been suggested that she should have gone to the hospital, told them what happened and asked for a rape kit. I cannot find a hospital in Madisonville, there is one in Sweetwater and in Athens but none listed in Madisonville. Besides, are we expecting her to get up off that bed, literally, pull herself together, leave the house on foot and WALK toward Madisonville, not knowing where she is going? She was moved from Georgia and kept isolated on that farm outside of town. And, she was scared to death of her parents.

It has been suggested that she tell her friends. She had no friends in Tennessee, they were all back in Georgia. She had been on that farm for approximately a month, had not attended school. She was isolated. Where would she make friends?

Some of the solutions or "what she should have done" or what BDR should have done are from folks like me sitting in my safe living room. I haven't walked in her shoes or his either for that matter so I am going to look at this through a more positive lense.

And, I fully expected to get pounded for this point of view. ;)

Those were Bryan’s suggestions.

See how possible they were? I am sure he could look at info and see the dilemma as well. Oh so clever is he

From the link:

"The pair reportedly didn’t know whether the FBI received the package or not, and when police arrived at Rogers’ home on January 31, he allegedly lied about the girl being there because he wasn’t sure whether she would be returned to her father. According to the court documents, Rogers didn’t know Pruitt had been arrested."

Still paints a picture of trying to protect SLP, in my mind anyway. IMO there will be more lol :)

Oh whoopsie! He must have forgotten he had the video on his computer. And it must have slipped his mind that she was there and could tell the story that went along with the video. Dang!

By the way do we have any MSM knowledge that the children are being looked after separately from mom? Is it automatic?
BBM - as of the date of this article they were still in protective custody - for how long? who knows?
Feb 5, 2019

‘Nobody believed her’: Man lures TN teen girl to his mom’s Wisconsin basement, tells her to ‘prove’ she was being raped by her father [Police]

At some point, the girl made contact with the FBI in St. Louis, Missouri. It’s unclear what she said to them, but Detective Jason Fillyaw with the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department told CrimeOnline‘s Nancy Grace that investigators figured out her location after tracing Rogers’ email address.

Fillyaw, who flew to Wisconsin to bring the girl home on Friday, said she was in good spirits and talking. She was reunited with her siblings and happy to see them, but didn’t say much about her mother.

None of the children with family, according to Fillyaw. All four children are in social services’ protective custody. Detective Filljaw also said that the mother is currently cooperating with police “at this time.”

Thank you for throwing me back over the fence, I am bruised I'm going back and forth so much.

Question

Why do you think it took over two weeks for law enforcement to find these communications? That is so disappointing to me and such a scenario as a little girl missing, a girl missing with her sheets missing Etc.

Looking back, it seems apparent that they should have found him earlier if they had searched her accounts and found what we now know existed. Do you have any idea as to why that happened?

He worked at UPS (from the memorandum filed) and had started at FEDEX - I find it difficult to believe he would not have used tracking and followed up on this very important package that cost this child so much and subjected her to such brutality at the hands of RP. You can go into most mail centers, pay cash, fill out the label with anything you want for return address and keep the tracking number. He would know this IMO. This package was to save both of them (his proof he did nothing wrong in his mind and her proof of the attack complete with pictures of RP) - I don't get it.

And even at the US post office, a much cheaper option for mailing in case people don’t know that.

You can check your tracking number online. Even computer impaired person can do it

He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years on the single charge of sexual exploitation of a minor for the purpose of producing a visual depiction, according to the Justice Department.
A Wisconsin man offered to help a 14-year-old who said her father raped her — but only if she recorded it first

So if it is discovered that he knew she had the other recording and encouraged her to get a new clearer video - is that a second count? From the memorandum document.

I can't find any links so I question whether the hearing is open or closed?
ETA:
FEB 11, 2019
BRYAN ROGERS’ MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF RELEASE PENDING TRIAL - 35 pages

Attached Files:

BDR court doc.pdf
File size:

BBM - search warrant for google
FEB 1, 2019

The court docs say... on SP's phone, they found sexually explicit video and photos of Pruitt "engaged in sexual intercourse." He's charged with rape.

BREAKING: Just got the arrest affidavit for Randall Lee Pruitt, the adoptive father of once-missing Monroe Co. teen SP. It says the FBI used a search warrant to get Google records from the teen's phone.

Yes, that's my question. Why did it take till February 1st? That seems a long time for a child missing to not have reviewed and found that information out as an attachment in an email.

I have been thinking about this as best I can from SP's perspective not mine.

It has been suggested that she should have gone to the hospital, told them what happened and asked for a rape kit. I cannot find a hospital in Madisonville, there is one in Sweetwater and in Athens but none listed in Madisonville. Besides, are we expecting her to get up off that bed, literally, pull herself together, leave the house on foot and WALK toward Madisonville, not knowing where she is going? She was moved from Georgia and kept isolated on that farm outside of town. And, she was scared to death of her parents.

It has been suggested that she tell her friends. She had no friends in Tennessee, they were all back in Georgia. She had been on that farm for approximately a month, had not attended school. She was isolated. Where would she make friends?

Some of the solutions or "what she should have done" or what BDR should have done are from folks like me sitting in my safe living room. I haven't walked in her shoes or his either for that matter so I am going to look at this through a more positive lense.

And, I fully expected to get pounded for this point of view. ;)

YES! She was desperate for help and only 1 person stepped up to help her. He made choices that he knew he would be held accountable for but did them anyway. There are more good people in the world than there are creeps. As someone posted earlier, if BR was female, would the reactions be the same? She didn't want to be returned home. She was threatening to kill herself. He did whatever she wanted to do to feel safe. I got pounded on when she was found and I made a point to say that IMO his intentions were good. At that point, I just sat back and let things play out.
Sometimes we have to forget age, race, and gender , and just allow humans to help other humans.
I believe it's called compassion.
I hope for the best outcomes for SP and BR.

The truth, as brazenly unwanted as it is, is that he was right when he told her he's going to do it to you again so get it on tape next time so you have a weapon of your own to hold. Otherwise, you could be the next skinned animal on that property.
(I hate saying that so bluntly but it's the truth....as ugly as it is.)

And if he felt that way, there are some numbers he could call. FBI, Missing and Exploited Children. The 9-11 in Madison which I am sure would know what to do.

The things most of us would do instead of asking a child to make a rape tape to send to us.

If it turned out to be fake, then I imagine there are laws for that kind of fakery . But LE could find the address she was posting from. Probably he could as well.

Holy Doodle!
(I had to get that off my chest!)

This is one of the fastest moving cases with many twists and turns that I have followed thus far. So much info released along the way!

Surely mom was aware that the dog was killed and skinned....wasn't this enough of a 'red flag' to her that her husband had violent tendencies?

(Going to catch up on this thread now...)

YES! She was desperate for help and only 1 person stepped up to help her. He made choices that he knew he would be held accountable for but did them anyway. There are more good people in the world than there are creeps. As someone posted earlier, if BR was female, would the reactions be the same? She didn't want to be returned home. She was threatening to kill herself. He did whatever she wanted to do to feel safe. I got pounded on when she was found and I made a point to say that IMO his intentions were good. At that point, I just sat back and let things play out.
Sometimes we have to forget age, race, and gender , and just allow humans to help other humans.
I believe it's called compassion.
I hope for the best outcomes for SP and BR.

He had the video evidence. He had the girl.

Next step? Bring her to a place that interviews abused children. I bet there is one in Madison.

It is the legal case that interests me and how it plays out.

I've considered that had S.P. not left the home - there was a good possibility that she could have been murdered.
BBM
I completely agree. It is very clear that SP was terrified!!!!~ terrified enough to consider taking her own life so she would no longer be subject to frequent rapes by her "father". Not to mention the possibility that this had been happening for many YEARS. I would imagine that she may think of BR as a savior, a hero. Nothing could be more horrific than what was happening in her own home. BR could have been ANYONE, SP was out of options. I have no idea what really happened after SP left the abuse in that House of Horrors and got into a car with a grown man she had never met. I'm glad she is still alive to share her story. But as Gitana so eloquently presented a few posts ago, this adult man made many, many mistakes. I hope the courts will hold him accountable for them.

I read the defense memo. Unlike the majority, I do not see this man as a "misguided" hero, although his actions did lead to evidence being generated. Why?

1. What 31 year old converses online with a minor child? I have a major problem with that. They had multiple conversations. Clearly she had developed a trust or friendship with this 31 year old adult in order to get to the point she was willing to reveal abuse to him and beg him for help. What adult man is having such indepth conversations with a minor child on the internet?

2. Yes. He suggested a couple other options in the conversation the defense laid out. But he didn't press those extremely viable options. Like going to the hospital to get a rape kit. He didn't urge her to do so and reassure her that with her word and her rapists' DNA inside her, she'd be rescued by police. To me, he suggested them as other options but he didn't seem serious about those options. He didn't cycle back to them. When she begged for help he didn't continually tell her she'd be safe with those options. What he really pressed was video evidence. He really wanted that video.

3. There was audio that, when coupled with her own words, would've been quite enough for her to go to the police and be rescued. He continued to insist on VIDEO.

4. After receiving the video, he didn't simply call the authorities. "Hey, this child sent me this video of her being raped." He didn't immediately call 911. He told her he wouldn't be in trouble for picking her up if she made a video with evidence. And once she made it, he picked her up. However, that shows he believed it was viable evidence. And it shows he believed that the presence of the video would protect him from legal trouble. In other words, he didn't know asking her to make it would be illegal if he could show he was doing it to help get evidence. So he had no reason not to call 911 immediately and give them what he had gotten her to produce.

5. After receiving the video, he picked her up and took her out of state. He has ZERO reason not to drive her to a local LE department immediately, with the video. Instead, he took her across state lines.

6. He waited over 10 days to send the evidence to LE while harboring this minor in his mother's basement. Why?

7. What's this about him saying the video was too blurry?

I find his actions quite suspect. I don't think he deserves a medal for not sexually assaulting her for the days he had her. He could've been quite happy with just the video e got her to generate. He could've been working up to further exploitation.

If he was an 18 or 19 year old young man his actions might be more excusable to me because they're still at that age when there's this magical divide between adults and kids. Where adults and authorities aren't totally trusted.

But this is a 31 year old man conversing with a minor child online for a lengthy time period and insisting she generate child *advertiser censored* before he can help her.

The reaction here and the fact that he appears not to have assaulted her makes me believe he might indeed prevail in mitigating the charge. But I believe the charge was and is viable and necessary.

Just think of the sordid avenues we would be opening up to child sexual exploitation if a defense to encouraging a child to video and send an adult a recording of herself being assaulted, would be viable, under the auspicies of trying to "gather evidence".

I believe the charge is merited.

Finally, I think @MsFacetious mentioned a kidnapping charge would probably be dropped against BR. I didn't see any kidnapping charge. Only one charge - child exploitation. Am I wrong?

I don't know what to make of this case, but I do have some differing opinions on some of these questions:
1. I'm an "Old Lady" who plays Fortnite. I don't "Fill Squad" that often because I don't like playing with strangers, but there are probably thousands, if not millions, of adults who do, including very popular streamers. On another note if you search YT for roblox videos you will find adult streamers of the game, even though it is clearly marketed towards the 6-16 crown. It is NOT unusual to have casual friendships with your gaming community and have a huge disparity in ages anymore. (Fill squad is when you are matched with random players - many games have similar features)

2-4: Women and children are molested and raped everyday WITH PROOF, and nothing happens on a regular basis. How many rape kits in each state are still waiting to be tested? A lot. How many kids have been sent back to abuse or molestation when their words, pictures, or proof isn't taken seriously? Way too many.

5. See above. The proof needed to get in the right hands with an actionable result. What if the first person who got their hands on the phone or data accidentally (or purposefully) wiped it?

6. This is where he loses me.

Again, I don't know what to think of this guy. If he was an earnest participant to rescuing her, then I can hardly fault him for most of his actions. Women and children's pain and suffering is marginalized and trivialized to the point where they must suffer not only an initial trauma, but often times, no matter how gentle, repeated trauma leading up to a day in court, that usually ends in MORE trauma, and too often the harsh reality of injustice.

However, do I fully believe that this person is so "woke" that these are his reasonings?? I'm not fully sold (yet).

One (of many) things about this case that really struck a nerve with me is that BR encouraged SP to get raped again!
He wanted to see that video so badly!
jmo

That struck me too. Because she's begging him for help. And he keeps insisting that the ONLY surefire way for her to be rescued and not returned to her dad is by recording it and sending it to him.

Here is how many times she begs him to help her without having her record her own rape and send it to him
:

ONE: She pleads, "Bryan do u understand how hard that would be though" But he is unmoved by her anguish, "Yes But understand that I can get in a hell of a lot of trouble for harboring you Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."

TWO: She again tries to get help without recording her own rape, "I just can’t promise I’ll get the evidence". He remains unmoved by how horrified she is by what he is suggesting, "Then I can’t promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can’t risk getting trouble for you. If you can get that video I can get you out of there but without it you will just wind up back with your dad and I’ll be in trouble"

THREE: Again, she pleads, "I don’t have the mental strength or confidence enough to get the video… I’m so sorry Bryan." Here she is actually apologizing to HIM for not doing what he is coercing her to do. Fits a predator victim/pattern to me. He is harsh in his response to this terrified and anguished child. Instead of offering other options, any other option, his reply? "Then I can’t come get you I’m sorry but I cannot risk prison time for you".

FOUR: She pleads again, "Bryan plz There has to be some [redacted] way". I mean here I really see a child just begging an adult to do the right thing and not force her to get raped on camera. "There has to be some way" and there IS some other way.

But no. His response is cold and sinister. His nonchalance about what this child faces in getting him the "evidence" he craves is disturbing, "Just out of curiosity why can’t you just stay in your room and wait for him to get you? He’s going to rape you anyway, might as well have the phone recording". WTH? What kind of adult responds to a terrified child in this manner? A pleading child:

"There has to be some way."
"Just wait for him to get you. He's going to rape you anyway, might as well record it."

Wow. The utter disregard for what this baby is going through and goes through at the hands of her father, is stunning. He is supposed to be this knight in shining armor? Some misguided hero? A well meaning but stupid person trying to "do the right thing"?

And yet this is how he responds to her pleas for help. To her desperation and helpless horror about subjecting herself to having her rape recorded and sent to a strange man.

"Just out of curiosity why can't you just stay in your room..."

As if it's just such a reasonable suggestion. As if it's no big deal for a terrified 14 year old who has been repeatedly brutalized, to record it.

FIVE: Again, this little girl pleads. Once more desperate for this adult to help her without making her get raped on camera, "Bryan I can’t stand it I’ll have a [effing] mental breakdown… idfk how"

This noble hero's response? "Ok".

Ok?

"I'll have a mental breakdown." His response is basically, "Oh well."

This is tragic to me. She knew in her heart he could help her without that. His cold manipulation of her and capitalization of her desperation to me in this conversation chain is obvious.

But she tries another time to get this adult to do the right thing for her. To avoid forcing her to exploit herself and endure hell on camera. Begging. Pleading.

SIX: "There has to be a way I can’t just stay here bryan I’m begging u plz" And he again insists, "There is. Be in your room when he comes home and have the phone recording. That way when he comes for you it’s already recording and you don’t have to worry about anything And I can’t help you if we don’t have foolproof leverage against your dad". He coerces her to think the only way to get "foolproof leverage" is to record herself being raped. And send it to stranger. Despite the cost to her mental stability in doing so. Our hero.

Finally, she explains the depth of her horror over what he is telling her to do as the price for freedom. She demonstrates that so great is her anguish over the possibility of being raped on camera, in order to be helped, that she would rather just die.

SEVEN: "If u don’t help me somehow I might as well kill my [effing] self like I’ve been planning to do I can’t get the video I just can’t"

This caring hero's response to a terrorized child? He becomes angry. Defensive. She's 14 and being raped. She's pleading for help. And he gets mad at her, "So I’m an *advertiser censored***** for not risking going to prison for someone I haven’t even met?". He shows how much he cares for this vulnerable child, "someone I haven't even met", yet is willing to work so hard to "help" her by getting her to record her rape, send it to him and then drive to pick her up and transport her across state lines?

Once again, she begs for help and states she cannot do it. She cannot get that dreaded but much coveted video.

EIGHT: "IDFK ANYMORE! But u can’t just leave me here! If u don’t help me I’ll either kill myself or just run away to a friends house cause I can’t deal with this *advertiser censored* but I can’t get the video either Idfk what to do anymore

Again, he demonstrates an utter disregard for her mental state, an utter lack of any empathy for this child victim, “And I know you don’t want to do it but I don’t exactly want to see your dad rape you either”

NINE: "If u don’t help me I’ll either kill myself or just run away to a friends house cause I can’t deal with this *advertiser censored* but I can’t get the video either Idfk what to do anymore"

The child is so desperate for this adult to do the right thing, she actually suggests an alternative herself - running away (it's actually the second time she hopefully suggests it before he bites) - and only then, nine times after she expressed her devastation about doing what he kept telling her she had to do, does he casually tell her she can take that option. " Good. Run away to a friends house".

But we see later in the conversation how he uses his skill at manipulation in making that option seem like not a sure thing, as opposed to his determination in getting her to record her rape. "Run to a friends house and hope for the best".

This kid doesn't stop though. She tries yet again. Please, man. Help me. Don't make me do this. Just help me. Do the right thing.

TEN: "That’s all the [EFFING] advice u have for me"?

And here he coldly lies, "That’s all I can offer If I knew something else I would tell you".

Oh he knew something else that could help this begging child. But he only really wanted one thing.

To me this is almost a master class in predatory manipulation. He tries to persuade her it's the only logical thing. He pretends that this is the only way to save herself. He acts like it is no big deal. He insists he cannot get involved any other way. He reacts with coldness when she tries to get out of it, withdrawing his friendliness and depriving her of his friendship. He becomes angry and defensive and tries to make himself out to be the victim, sullenly accusing her of being a jerk for not considering HIS position. She's a vulnerable child. He's a knowledgeable adult. Communicating with a child over the internet and trying to convince her to send him a video of herself being raped. He uses every emotion and argument he can to get that video. Textbook predation, IMO.

Ultimately, in the face of her continued expressions of anguish and horror about doing what he wants her to do, he lackadaisically suggests other options. But those options never come to fruition. He never calls the police. He takes no action to be a real hero to this frightened and devastated little girl.

But we know this: They talk again.

He gets the tape.

Last edited:
I asked awhile back, upthread somewhere, what if he had not taken her across state lines, thereby avoiding the federal charge of transporting a minor across state lines and had taken her two towns over, what would the charges be?

If he had driven straight back to Wisconsin and straight to a hospital, sheets, rape kit and all, would he have been charged for taking her across state lines. If so, for what purpose?

That struck me too. Because she's begging him for help. And he keeps insisting that the ONLY surefire way for her to be rescued and not returned to her dad is by recording it and sending it to him.

Here is how many times she begs him to help her without having her record her own rape and send it to him
:

ONE: She pleads, "Bryan do u understand how hard that would be though" But he is unmoved by her anguish, "Yes But understand that I can get in a hell of a lot of trouble for harboring you Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."

TWO: She again tries to get help without recording her own rape, "I just can’t promise I’ll get the evidence". He remains unmoved by how horrified she is by what he is suggesting, "Then I can’t promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can’t risk getting trouble for you. If you can get that video I can get you out of there but without it you will just wind up back with your dad and I’ll be in trouble"

THREE: Again, she pleads, "I don’t have the mental strength or confidence enough to get the video… I’m so sorry Bryan." Here she is actually apologizing to HIM for not doing what he is coercing her to do. Fits a predator victim/pattern to me. He is harsh in his response to this terrified and anguished child. Instead of offering other options, any other option, his reply? "Then I can’t come get you I’m sorry but I cannot risk prison time for you".

FOUR: She pleads again, "Bryan plz There has to be some [redacted] way". I mean here I really see a child just begging an adult to do the right thing and not force her to get raped on camera. "there has to be some way" and there IS some other way.

But no. His response is cold and sinister. His nonchalance about what this child faces in getting him the "evidence" he craves is disturbing, "Just out of curiosity why can’t you just stay in your room and wait for him to get you? He’s going to rape you anyway, might as well have the phone recording". WTH? What kind of adult responds to a terrified child in this manner? A pleading child:

"Just wait for him to get you. Hes'g going to rape you anyway, might as well record it."

Wow. The utter disregard for what this baby is going through and goes through at the hands of her father, is stunning. He is supposed to be this knight in shining armor? Some misguided hero? A well meaning but stupid person trying to "do the right thing"?

And yet this is how he responds to her pleas for help. To her desperation and helpless horror about subjecting herself to having her rape recorded and sent to a strange man.

As if it's just such a reasonable suggestion. As if it's no big deal for a terrified 14 year old who has been repeatedly brutalized, to record it.

FIVE: Again, this little girl pleads. Once more desperate for this adult to help her without making her get raped on camera, "Bryan I can’t stand it I’ll have a [effing] mental breakdown… idfk how"

Ok?

This is tragic to me. She knew in her heart he could help her without that. His cold manipulation of her and capitalization of her desperation to me in this chain is obvious.

But she tries another time to get this adult to do the right thing for her. To avoid forcing her to exploit herself and endure hell on camera. Begging. Pleading.

SIX: "There has to be a way I can’t just stay here bryan I’m begging u plz" And he again insists, "There is. Be in your room when he comes home and have the phone recording. That way when he comes for you it’s already recording and you don’t have to worry about anything And I can’t help you if we don’t have foolproof leverage against your dad". He coerces her to think the only way to get "foolproof leverage" is to record herself being raped. And send it to stranger. Despite the cost to her mental stability in doing so. Our hero.

Finally, she explains the depth of her horror over what he is telling her to do as the price for freedom. She demonstrates that so great is her anguish over the possibility of being raped on camera, in order to be helped, that she would rather just die.

SEVEN: "If u don’t help me somehow I might as well kill my [effing] self like I’ve been planning to do I can’t get the video I just can’t"

This caring hero's response to a terrorized child? He becomes angry. Defensive. She's 14 and being raped. She's pleading for help. And he gets mad at her, "So I’m an *advertiser censored***** for not risking going to prison for someone I haven’t even met?". He shows how much he cares for this vulnerable child, "someone I haven't even met", yet is willing to work so hard to "help" her by getting her to record her rape, send it to him and then drive to pick her up and transport her across state lines?

Once again, she begs for help and states she cannot do it. She cannot get that dreaded but much coveted video.

EIGHT: "IDFK ANYMORE! But u can’t just leave me here! If u don’t help me I’ll either kill myself or just run away to a friends house cause I can’t deal with this **** but I can’t get the video either Idfk what to do anymore

Again, he demonstrates an utter disregard for her mental state, an utter lack of any empathy for this child victim, “And I know you don’t want to do it but I don’t exactly want to see your dad rape you either”

NINE: "If u don’t help me I’ll either kill myself or just run away to a friends house cause I can’t deal with this **** but I can’t get the video either Idfk what to do anymore"

The child is so desperate for this adult to do the right thing, she actually suggests an alternative herself - running away - and only then, nine times after she expressed her devastation about doing what he kept telling her she had to do, does he casually tell her she can take that option. " Good. Run away to a friends house". But we see later in the conversation how he uses his skill at manipulation in making that option seem like not a sure thing, as opposed to his determination in getting her to record her rape. "Run to a friends house and hope for the best".

This kid doesn't stop though. She tries yet again. Please, man. Help me. Don't make me do this. Just help me. Do the right thing.

And here he coldly lies, "That’s all I can offer If I knew something else I would tell you".

Oh he knew something else that could help this begging child. But he only really wanted one thing.

To me this is almost a master class in predatory manipulation. He tries to persuade her it's the only logical thing. He pretends that this is the only way to save herself. He insists he cannot get involved any other way. He reacts with coldness when she tries to get out of it, withdrawing his friendliness and depriving her of his friendship. He becomes angry and defensive and tries to make himself out to be the victim, sullenly accusing her of being a jerk for not considering HIS position. She's a vulnerable child. He's a knowledgeable adult. Communicating with a child over the internet and trying to convince her to send him a video of herself being raped. He uses every emotion and argument he can to get that video. Textbook predation, IMO.

Ultimately, in the face of her continued expressions of anguish and horror about doing what he wants her to do, he lackadaisically suggests other options. But those options never come to fruition. he never calls the police. he takes no action to be a real hero to this frightened and devastated little girl.

He gets the tape.

Your post is long and I am not going to snip it as I hope everyone reads it.

Yes, a million times yes. Exactly what he was doing. It is nauseating to read it.

And as someone pointed out, a map would show how impossible it would be to go to a friend.

:

FOUR: She pleads again, "Bryan plz There has to be some [redacted] way". I mean here I really see a child just begging an adult to do the right thing and not force her to get raped on camera. "there has to be some way" and there IS some other way.

"Just wait for him to get you. Hes'g going to rape you anyway, might as well record it."

Ok?

This is tragic to me. She knew in her heart he could help her without that. His cold manipulation of her and capitalization of her desperation to me in this chain is obvious.

EIGHT: "IDFK ANYMORE! But u can’t just leave me here! If u don’t help me I’ll either kill myself or just run away to a friends house cause I can’t deal with this **** but I can’t get the video either Idfk what to do anymore

NINE: "If u don’t help me I’ll either kill myself or just run away to a friends house cause I can’t deal with this **** but I can’t get the video either Idfk what to do anymore"

The child is so desperate for this adult to do the right thing, she actually suggests an alternative herself - running away - and only then, nine times after she expressed her devastation about doing what he kept telling her she had to do, does he casually tell her she can take that option. " Good. Run away to a friends house". But we see later in the conversation how he uses his skill at manipulation in making that option seem like not a sure thing, as opposed to his determination in getting her to record her rape. "Run to a friends house and hope for the best".

To me this is almost a master class in predatory manipulation. He tries to persuade her it's the only logical thing. He pretends that this is the only way to save herself. He insists he cannot get involved any other way. He reacts with coldness when she tries to get out of it, withdrawing his friendliness and depriving her of his friendship. He becomes angry and defensive and tries to make himself out to be the victim, sullenly accusing her of being a jerk for not considering HIS position. She's a vulnerable child. He's a knowledgeable adult. Communicating with a child over the internet and trying to convince her to send him a video of herself being raped. He uses every emotion and argument he can to get that video. Textbook predation, IMO.

Ultimately, in the face of her continued expressions of anguish and horror about doing what he wants her to do, he lackadaisically suggests other options. But those options never come to fruition. he never calls the police. he takes no action to be a real hero to this frightened and devastated little girl.

He gets the tape.
Well stated and since we don't have all of the communications there is quite possibly an earlier conversation whereby he tells her to video the rape since the memorandum has him telling her to "show them the recording you got earlier" - he knew she had already done one recording and he wanted another one IMO. pg 8 memorandum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288