Canada - Six dead in shootings at Mosque in Quebec City, 29 Jan 2017

What a powerful statement.

So many people who have feelings of inadequacy in their selves choose to hate others. I will be curious as to what his story is. Alcoholic family? Domestic violence? Shamed by parent (s)?

The internal pain of people who hate others is screaming . You can read it in comments. I hope for their pain that they address their demons

A speaker who helped the victims and with whom Le Journal spoke is convinced that the weapon is much more like a CZ 858. Unlike an AK-47, which resembles it, this rifle Assault is available for sale in Canada.

It was precisely a semi-automatic model CZ 858 that had been used by Richard Henry Bain before he tied up during the Metropolis bombing.

Our informant, who has a good knowledge of weapons, claims to have seen the rifle abandoned in the snow about twenty feet from the entrance to the mosque.

"The charger was still on. A loader that resembles a banana, "said the source, who understands that the weapon can be confused with an AK-47.

https://translate.google.com/transl...du-presume-meurtrier-sest-enrayee&prev=search

In fact, among the 11 charges filed against Bissonnette on Monday at the Québec City Courthouse, five of them allege the use of "a restricted firearm".

Youssef Kadoure, who was in the mosque during the drama, explains that the accused was initially in possession of an assault rifle.

"Fortunately when he came back he wanted to use it, it did not work, he threw it and he pulled out another pistol," he says.

I wonder how he could possibly know this.

His point was that someone planted dangerous, hateful ideology in his head, making him a victim of hate and bigotry. People don't just spontaneously hate. Studies have proven that it is learned behavior. Very young children do not discriminate and hate other children for being different. It is put into their heads by people around them.

His point was that someone planted dangerous, hateful ideology in his head, making him a victim of hate and bigotry. People don't just spontaneously hate. Studies have proven that it is learned behavior. Very young children do not discriminate and hate other children for being different. It is put into their heads by people around them.

Same would go for islamic terrorist, hateful ideology, Them having children shooting & cutting off heads of people they hate, taught by people around them. It's a sad world we live in.

That did not happen in this case. People were praying, not cutting off anyone's heads. Not relevant to this case at all. Does not condone what the suspect did at all.

That did not happen in this case. People were praying, not cutting off anyone's heads. Not relevant to this case at all. Does not condone what the suspect did at all.

No, see.. It wasn't about what the victims were doing. It's about the mindset of the killer and how he became one.

Just as when innocent people have been killed in war zones by those who have been taught hate, these innocents were killed by someone who was probably taught hate as well. See?

Do you remember reading "Children Learn What They Live"? It's like that. To the extreme.

27db91efa715325be3274fabf8b326a6.gif

I do see. I see Muslim people EVERY DAY and deal with them directly in my life all the time. There is no terrorist ideology. Terrorist ideology that people are referring to is the exception. People were praying. They were murdered. It was premeditated. The killer is the one who was being a terrorist and will be linked to hate therefore being charged with a hate crime, I have no doubt. I do see.

bbm, I know that, he cowardly shot them in their backs. I wish canada had the death penalty because he deserves it.

How did this manage to turn around onto radical Islam and Islamic terrorists?

I guess this somewhat supports my point.

It sounds so humane, so humanistic, but in fact, the statement is pointing the finger at almost everybody else. Making them a suspect, co-responsible.
Who are these people around them?
The family who raised him? His siblings? Neighbourhood? Teachers? Friends? Canadian Cadet programme? University?

For the sake of scientific validation, it should be noted that AB has a twin brother, born and raised in the same family and the same environment. I wonder how whoever it was, failed to put things in the twin brother's head, since he has escaped becoming a mass murderer, at least for the time being.

Hence my question. I still wonder how the speaker could possibly know this and my guess is that he could not. IMHO it will take LE a while to figure it all out and until that time, this is speculation.

The comment was made after an imam took it upon himself to explain why he did it. Then you took it upon yourself to explain what the imam meant by saying the murderer was a victim.
I then went onto to say that what he did was the same as radical islamic terrorist. Killing people for having hateful ideology. I do agree that young children don't hate unless they are taught to hate. But from everything I have read he did not get this hate from growing up, but what he sees happening in the last few years. I do not agree with what he did, as I said he deserves to die for what he did. jmo

The comment was made after an imam took it upon himself to explain why he did it. Then you took it upon yourself to explain what the imam meant by saying the murderer was a victim.
I then went onto to say that what he did was the same as radical islamic terrorist. Killing people for having hateful ideology. I do agree that young children don't hate unless they are taught to hate. But from everything I have read he did not get this hate from growing up, but what he sees happening in the last few years. I do not agree with what he did, as I said he deserves to die for what he did. jmo

Taking it upon ourselves to talk about things on a discussion forum. It's almost like that's the purpose of this website.

Bolded. I'll agree with that for sure. Islamophobia abounds and makes people like this kid decide to fix it by killing the people Islamophobes blame for terrorist attacks. I.E. Muslims as a whole.

Quebec mosque shooter sentenced to life

A Canadian man who killed worshippers in a Quebec City mosque in 2017 has been sentenced to life in prison.

Alexandre Bissonnette, 29, will be eligible for parole in 40 years.

The prosecution had asked for a total of 150 years behind bars, which would have been the harshest jail penalty ever handed down in Canada.

Justice Francois Huot chose instead to allow for the possibility of parole within Bissonnette's natural life.

While reading his sentencing decision, the Quebec Superior Court judge said that "punishment should not be vengeance".

A first-degree murder conviction in Canada carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.

BBM

Why Canada is unwilling to put even its most heinous murderers permanently behind bars
Sentencing Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette to a lifetime in prison was ‘totally incompatible with human dignity’ wrote his sentencing judge

February 12, 2019

"Together, the crimes of Bruce McArthur and Alexandre Bissonnette extinguished up to 510 years of human life and guaranteed decades of nightmares and trauma among the shattered communities they targeted.

There was federal legislation and even judicial precedent to ensure that both men would be guaranteed to die in prison. And yet, on Friday judges in two provinces ruled otherwise, even going so far as to unilaterally rewrite legislation to do so.

The fate of McArthur and Bissonnette may be the most glaring example yet that there is no crime heinous enough in Canada to stop a killer from one day being able to regain their freedom.

“Many in the community were shocked by the sentence and had expected something more stern that would send a message about how seriously the state took this heinous crime,” said Ihsaan Gardee, head of the National Council of Canadian Muslims.

Gardee was present at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec only hours after it saw Bissonnette murder six of its worshippers in 2017. “While we know that the justice system doesn’t exactly work like this, the crude calculation for many is that this translates to about 6.5 years per life,” he said....

Under a 2011 amendment to the Criminal Code of Canada, both Bissonnette and McArthur could have received periods of parole ineligibility longer than 100 years apiece.

The Ending Sentence Discounts for Multiple Murders Act mandated that if an offender had killed multiple people, they would receive 25 years in prison for every person they had killed. Previously, 25 years had been the maximum sentence regardless of victim count.

Given the number of Bissonnette’s victims, prior to Friday it was suspected that he would be given the longest sentence in Canadian history.

Instead, Bissonnette will be able to apply for parole in 40 years, when he will be 67. Meanwhile, McArthur will be able to request a parole hearing in only 25 years, when he will be 91.

In Bissonnette’s case, Quebec Superior Court Justice Francois Huot actually rewrote part of the Criminal Code to give himself the ability to hand out a 40-year sentence.

As written, the Criminal Code only allows judges to impose murder sentences in increments of 25 years. By ruling that this provision was unconstitutional because it was “cruel and unusual” punishment, Huot freed himself to knock 10 years off what should have been either a 25 or 50-year sentence...

As convicted murderers, Bissonnette and McArthur both received automatic “life sentences.” In the Canadian context, however, a “life sentence” doesn’t mean “life in prison.” All it means is that if they’re ever released, their parole never expires...."

Why Canada is unwilling to put even its most heinous murderers permanently behind bars
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bissonnette case spurs legal debate over consecutive sentences

February 22, 2019

"Hours after Toronto serial killer Bruce McArthur was sentenced to eight concurrent life sentences with no possibility of parole for 25 years, a Quebec judge sparked further legal debate over consecutive life sentences in Canada after he took the “unusual” decision to amend the Criminal Code and sentenced Quebec City mosque killer Alexandre Bissonnette to life in prison with no chance of parole for 40 years, according to criminal law experts.

The back-to-back sentencing decisions in the two high profile criminal cases rejected calls by the Crown for consecutive sentences, with Ontario Superior Court Justice John McMahon on Feb. 8 holding in R. v. McArthur 2019 ONSC 963 that “due to the accused’s age, I am satisfied that when dealing with the protection of the public, concurrent periods of parole ineligibility can adequately address the protection of the public.”

Quebec Superior Court Justice François Huot also rebuffed calls by the Crown to sentence Bissonnette to six 25-year periods for each of his first-degree murder counts, holding that sending an offender to die in prison was “grossly disproportionate and totally incompatible with human dignity” and would constitute “cruel and unusual punishment” under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

The issue around consecutive sentencing “badly needs to be clarified by the appellate courts, and it’ll probably have to go up to the Supreme Court of Canada,” said Lisa Silver, a criminal law professor at the University of Calgary. “The appellate courts will have to look at this in light of the Charter and decide what can and can’t be done. Is it unconstitutional, and if it is what is the appropriate remedy?”

Under the Criminal Code, the penalty for first-degree murder is automatic: life in prison, with first chance at full parole after 25 years...."

Bissonnette case spurs legal debate over consecutive sentences - The Lawyer's Daily

bbm

Hmm, what or who has been happening the last few years? Maybe someone/something the killer quoted in his ideologies?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back